SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Ok, I'll accept that I am an idiot...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-02 | 07:56 PM
tranny
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Ok, I'll accept that I am an idiot...

But will somebody PLEASE give me a link to wherever the elusive FAQs/"tutorials" are hiding. I have already killed over an hour using the search function to try to find them, to no avail. Sorry to waste your time with this post, I promise I'll shut up as soon as I get the link . Thanks and take care...

Jeremy
92 Infiniti G20 (red, manual, Hotshot Header, Greddy exhaust, POP Charger, timing advanced to 17-degrees, 148k)
92 Lexus SC400 (white, stock as a rock, 65k)
94 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo (red, Apex AVC-R, Greddy exhuast, FIPK, HKS BOV, 12.9@108.85, cryo'd rotors, eibachs, 110k)
Old 03-12-02 | 08:09 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

FAQs and tutorials to what??? Most info you'll need are archived in the forums. There are some websites out there that teach you how to do things also.
Old 03-12-02 | 08:10 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/misc.php?action=faq

I hope this is what u were looking for. Look at it this way.. u may be an idiot but at least we can all say that u have good taste when it comes to cars
Old 03-12-02 | 08:20 PM
tranny
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys- thanks for the replies so far. I was interested in a general FAQ for the car, as I just bought the Lex. A lot of major sites for a specific make/model (lie 3si.org for the 3000GT/Stealth) have a FAQ for the auto that the site is about (for instance, exactly what comprises the Pioneer-made premium system vs. the Nakamichi system, brake rotor sizes, changes in the various model years, etc.). Rather than try to think of as many potential questions then search and hope to find answers, I had thought there was a general FAQ on the SC300/400 I could access instead. Does one exist? Thanks and take care...

Jeremy
Infiniti G20 (red, manual, Hotshot Header, Greddy exhaust, POP Charger, timing advanced to 17-degrees, 148k)
94 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo (red, Apex AVC-R, Greddy exhuast, FIPK, HKS BOV, 12.9@108.85, cryo'd rotors, eibachs, 110k)
Old 03-12-02 | 08:47 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tranny
Hey guys- thanks for the replies so far. I was interested in a general FAQ for the car, as I just bought the Lex. A lot of major sites for a specific make/model (lie 3si.org for the 3000GT/Stealth) have a FAQ for the auto that the site is about (for instance, exactly what comprises the Pioneer-made premium system vs. the Nakamichi system, brake rotor sizes, changes in the various model years, etc.). Rather than try to think of as many potential questions then search and hope to find answers, I had thought there was a general FAQ on the SC300/400 I could access instead. Does one exist? Thanks and take care...

Jeremy
Infiniti G20 (red, manual, Hotshot Header, Greddy exhaust, POP Charger, timing advanced to 17-degrees, 148k)
Not that I know of. The Aussies seem to be better at that stuff than us ("U.S." hehe). Try these sites... A lot of the models don't apply to our cars though...

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/startrade/variants.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott/
http://www.lexusclub.co.uk/

On that note, a nice thorough FAQ on the SC coupe would be nice though. What do you guys say? We can compile it collectively and I, as well as other webmasters, can post it up on our sites. It'd cut down a lot on repetitive weekly posts---and *we'll* get a lot more site traffic!!
Old 03-12-02 | 10:02 PM
mjames08
Pole Position

Originally posted by tranny

I proposed this a while back. It would really help the repeat posts..
Old 03-12-02 | 11:04 PM
c_irie
Driver

Default suggestion

I agree as well we should have a "FAQ / how to" section it could definetly improve the site as well as cut down on some of the redundancy maybe the moderators can take this for action (hint)
Old 03-13-02 | 12:31 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Ladman.com. The board is actually still up at:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fladmanlexussc300400sportcoupe

His site (which is permanently down), had a very good FAQ and other reviews / articles.

This would be a great place to start. Did anyone by chance happen to save these pages? I wish I had.

BTW - does anyone for sure know what happened to Lee. He just seemed to disappear. Someone said he passed away, but I don't know if this is true. I think he worked at a Lexus dealership in the Riverside area. Any info. appreciated.

Ryan
Old 03-13-02 | 02:02 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Ryan
I don't know if anyone here is familiar with Ladman.com. The board is actually still up at:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/fladmanlexussc300400sportcoupe

His site (which is permanently down), had a very good FAQ and other reviews / articles.

This would be a great place to start. Did anyone by chance happen to save these pages? I wish I had.

BTW - does anyone for sure know what happened to Lee. He just seemed to disappear. Someone said he passed away, but I don't know if this is true. I think he worked at a Lexus dealership in the Riverside area. Any info. appreciated.

Ryan

I had no idea such a place existed. It's like the parallel universe to CL, with it's own hellasboy, vqt, 808state, re93sc, txstyle, lexcoupe, cupete, relexin, etc!
Old 03-13-02 | 09:33 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

a FAQ like the DSM FAQ would be sweet; that things is fricken HUGE
Old 03-13-02 | 04:50 PM
quick
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bean
a FAQ like the DSM FAQ would be sweet; that things is fricken HUGE
That's because DSMs are so frickin' unreliable.