SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Performance Factory NYC

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-02, 02:01 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey if you guys wanna meet up or something let me know....we just had a supra/corvette/viper/porsche meet this past weekend at Tobay beach and if you guys like i'll try to set up another meet on April 7th. Let me know what you guys think...here is a temporary link for pics of the meet....
http://www.sinc.sunysb.edu/Stu/sacheung/Tobay/supra

I can only host these pics a few more days before the school server starts deleting my files...look while you can!!! hehe
Old 03-19-02, 02:05 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

oh BTW...im by huntington a lot since my gf is around there so if you wanna meet up sometime let me know...and port jeff is just around the corner from me...

Who is the TURBO PEOPLE????
Is that the company name or like a nickname? Do they have a website or anything? I never heard of them and if they are as good as you say they are...then i would like to look into it some more...

Old 03-19-02, 02:55 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ethan, bro, don't yank my crank, are ya serious? I'd be more than willing to wait a few months for an SC4 turbo kit, would you mount it up top or below? I know the 1UZ has a ton of potential, and the Aussies are boostin' the bejesus out of 'em, may not have to sell my SC4 or put a GTE in there after all. Man, wish we were local to each other, i'd totally be into helping with the R&D, but hey, i'll be here waitin' for boost, hope ya pick up an SC4 soon. TRD, nice Supra, and nice pics of that meet. The Turbo People is their name, the owner is Job Spetter, his son also has a shop. Job knows how to make a turbo car run, I was at E-town with him about 9 or 10 years ago, he was running mid 8's with a 'mild' TT small block, and all the serious GN guys use him. They're at Hastings on Hudson, check 'em out. Far as meetin' up goes, leaving for business for a couple days, when I get back the three of us should definitely meet up, maybe take a ride to Turbo People. My friend Eric owns Mean Street Fabrication in Island Park, he could fab up some things for us, I can handle the install, maybe we'll all end up goin' turbo around the same time and hopefully start representin' for NY, way way too many boosted Soarers down FL way.
Old 03-19-02, 04:04 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I'm completely serious. I would have to see more than one person interested, and see what kind of money everyone is interested in investing in something like this first.

If it seems like the interest is there, and people aren't expecting a twin turbo setup for some incredibly cheap price then I will start looking for an inexpensive SC400 to pickup and do some fitment on. Like I said, I will have to see a lot of interest as I don't want to get a car, and have hundreds of hours of time and tons of money into it to get a kit done and have people expect the price to be like $4000 or something like that.

Start a topic or run a poll to see how many people are honestly interested, and I will see about doing it. I will have to do some research as far as the difference between the GS400 and SC400 engine compartments, motors, etc. as it would be nice if it could fit either car, and honestly I have never really learned much about the lexus v8 cars!

A good friend of mine is one of the best welders I have ever seen, and another good friend is an incredible machinist so I am sure we can make anything that needs to be made as long as the demand is there.

-Ethan

Last edited by Ebanks; 03-19-02 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-19-02, 06:42 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good, i'll start that thread. Bolt ons and a stereo, hehe.
- Jon
Old 03-19-02, 07:54 PM
SC400Turbo
Driver

Hey guys

I've been working on turbo charging my SC400 for a little over 6 months now. I usually get to spend about 1 days a week doing actual work because of my fulltime job and family. Most of the work has been in R&D to this point. I've been taking measurements and trying to find the best way to fit the turbo system. I've also been purchasing the proper tools to do the job, welder, air compressor, repair manuals, spare 1UZFE, etc... I have 2 website that I just recently posted my current project status and pics, but my sever crashed on me. I will have them up soon. My websites are www.sc400turbo.com and www.turbozilla.com . If you guy are serious then we should work together. Once I get the site up I will also have a forum on it so we can exchange information. Let me know.
Old 03-21-02, 06:30 AM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

if you guys wanna meet up on april 7th let me know...here are some pics of the march 17th meet...it was FUN

http://nemkivcom.powweb.com/nemkiv/p...20318tobay.htm