SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

my attemped to deline my headlight FAILED!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-09, 12:41 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know if it's just me, but I think our headlights look better with the lines on them.
Old 04-17-09, 02:02 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

romeo, i actually think they look good both ways, but with the deline, well at least for the one where the light goes through, it makes the cut off that much sharper...
i did my tsx retros, and yes, the cut off is great, but i can tell that the lines in front of it is distorting it a little bit.
So when i get some time, i am going to go through the pain of delining the headlight (front part) just because its that much worth it....

To the original poster... Dont give up bro. you are half way there..! i would lend you my wet-sanding cloth kit if you were closer to me... did you look into the finer grits?
Old 04-17-09, 02:02 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

btw, listen to UZZ30-SC4, he is like a light God haha. I can vouch =)
btw... arent you in another forum??? haha
Old 04-17-09, 02:28 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter_95
btw, listen to UZZ30-SC4, he is like a light God haha. I can vouch =)
btw... arent you in another forum??? haha
wat you talkin bout fool
Old 04-17-09, 02:53 PM
shaitaan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Hey! I think I heard my name through the ether? Sup Shaitaan!
I think you should just continue on with finer grits -you can't give up now- Those stock lenses are almost complete! Just put them down for a week and come back at them later when your patience comes back. (And hands aren't worn down and sore from sand paper...)

how's it goin man
Old 04-17-09, 02:57 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZZ30-SC4
wat you talkin bout fool
LOL.... i have no idea.... haha
Old 04-17-09, 03:06 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

LOL.... i have no idea.... haha
mmmhmmmmmm, just shootin the ***** lmao
Old 04-19-09, 07:31 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post maybe

im not completly sure but from my experience. if when you are talking about high speed polishing are you talking about a dremel? watch the speeds if using that it will burn the plastic like it aint nothing. im not sure where the cut off would be but i burnt a small spot on mine before i figured this out. im not sure if thats why just a suggestion. next time you sand with whatever grit you decide do a little hand polishing first to make sure your not burning your sanding job each time. again im no expert just tryin to contribute from experience.good luck
Old 04-19-09, 08:18 PM
spin all 4
Driver School Candidate

Novus plastic polish is what I use.

I've been using it for a long time and have always used good results.

You can go to your 2000 grit, then do the Novus heavy cut, the Novus fine cut and the Novus final cleaner/protectant.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=113

I used a small air operated 3" polisher with the 3" 3m pads and stuff turns out great.
Old 04-20-09, 09:17 AM
logicalman
Driver

Originally Posted by topdog849
do yourself a favor and buy yourself one of those mothers power ball buffers. i got the cone shaped one at advance for 25$. worth its weight in gold makes polishing 10x easier. took me 2 weeks to deline my drivers side headlight and ive been procrastinating on the passanger side and highbeams for about a month now but my drivers side looks so sexy n clear i smile inside everytime i see it.
yea actually i was going to get the 3m headlight restorer kit but found some other things that were cheaper and works just the same.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I think you should just continue on with finer grits -you can't give up now- Those stock lenses are almost complete! Just put them down for a week and come back at them later when your patience comes back. (And hands aren't worn down and sore from sand paper...)
yea im going to continue to try and work on these thanks for the encouragment but like i said i found some stuff that will hopefully clear these up without killing my figures lol
Old 04-20-09, 09:24 AM
logicalman
Driver

To the original poster... Dont give up bro. you are half way there..! i would lend you my wet-sanding cloth kit if you were closer to me... did you look into the finer grits?
thanks bro and yea i've looking into finer grits and im not going that route yet im going to try using this polishing kit first.

Originally Posted by SpiderN9NE
im not completly sure but from my experience. if when you are talking about high speed polishing are you talking about a dremel? watch the speeds if using that it will burn the plastic like it aint nothing. im not sure where the cut off would be but i burnt a small spot on mine before i figured this out. im not sure if thats why just a suggestion. next time you sand with whatever grit you decide do a little hand polishing first to make sure your not burning your sanding job each time. again im no expert just tryin to contribute from experience.good luck
no im not using a dremel its too small and it does seem like it would be easy to burn plastic.
Old 05-11-09, 11:02 AM
Prowler217
Lead Lap

anyone know how to get a pair of ebay headlights apart? i tried the 300 degree method. no good.
Old 05-11-09, 01:14 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Prowler217
anyone know how to get a pair of ebay headlights apart? i tried the 300 degree method. no good.
375/look for boiling glue/pry HARD
Old 05-11-09, 01:32 PM
ucfa4
Lead Lap

I need to do this asap nice writeup.
Old 05-11-09, 02:03 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

I used 300 degrees for 4 min. Then get you a small molding bar and some vice grips to pry. works perfectly

http://www.stanleytools.com/showPic....8" Molding Bar

edit: to be more informative, put the wide end of the molding bar between lense and housing and use the vice grips to twist the molding bar.

Quick Reply: my attemped to deline my headlight FAILED!