SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Does everyone want to race me in my SC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-09, 04:54 AM
VWLOVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week a "Hyundai Accent" wanted to race me. I was LMAO, what a joke!!
Old 04-21-09, 07:20 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Just wait until they start revving at you while your car is on a trailer- I think it just has more to do with the price of your platform and the bragging rights in the local war stories section they can get from beating someone who's car cost stock what their's cost built. I won't knock hondas- I've seen too many sweet builds get walked down by those little Mario carts. Get used to the revving, get used to the flybys but don't run them on the street.
Old 04-21-09, 08:36 AM
GTE_SC3
Pole Position

Running them on the street is the most exciting. Yes tracks are fun but they suck to. you dont but a big turbo on a daily driver for no reason, you put it on so you can beat any car that tries to race you new or old. If you cant handle street racing you should ssell your car and get a something more pratical.
Old 04-21-09, 08:47 AM
Sciethen
Rookie

Originally Posted by GTE_SC3
Running them on the street is the most exciting. Yes tracks are fun but they suck to. you dont but a big turbo on a daily driver for no reason, you put it on so you can beat any car that tries to race you new or old. If you cant handle street racing you should ssell your car and get a something more pratical.
Hope you don't live anywhere near my family!
Old 04-21-09, 10:28 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

People rev me up every day. I get everyone, including old men in their Corvettes and 911's. I roll slow and low and never race, one: because I'd obviously lose, two: keep the mystique. There is one guy that drives a newer Mustang GT convertible that I used to race in my Legend (because I would beat him) that I've raced a few times pulling out onto the highway because I know I can beat him every time. The guy can't shift and it ruins him every time. lol
Old 04-21-09, 10:31 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can see stoplight runs through 2nd on an open boulevard or something or going from a downshift out on the highway, but anything beyond that is seriously dangerous.
Old 04-21-09, 10:42 AM
SC40095
Driver

Raced a boosted RX8 spitting fire from his exhaust. Acura TL. But the area where I live now is mostly 240s and Hondas. Majority of them are JDM themed Hondas. The new thing around here is to put a ski rack on your roof.
Old 04-21-09, 10:44 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should put your car keys down and grow up. Stop putting people's lives in danger with your uber fast car, and take it to the track, where you'll have some real competition in a closed, and truly homogenous environment. Street racing is retarded.

Originally Posted by Sciethen
Hope you don't live anywhere near my family!
I concur. The only thing worse than a ricer revving at you is the person that indulges their wishes and perpetuates the stereotype.
Old 04-21-09, 10:45 AM
DasBach
Lexus Test Driver

I live in a small town on the border of CA and AZ (Yuma, AZ) and there is a massive Honda/TC/SRT-4 population here.

By massive, I mean 100's. They have localized gatherings twice a week normally and once I showed up and smoked a few cars... I get bothered everywhere I go. The exhaust on my car isn't the loudest thing, I think its reserved and sounds great.

Either way, the word gets spread and next thing you know everyone wants to bug you. I hate it. Wish I bought a GS400 and went for looks instead of performance
Old 04-21-09, 10:54 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few years ago there was a bunch of deaths due to street racing here locally. At one point I think 6 ppl died when 2 Bimmers crashed on the highway. There was obviously a huge uproar and the racing has since calmed down a lot.
My point is that you should never condone street racing; it especially doesn't seem to fly in this forum.

At the same time I dont think theres anything wrong with having a little fun between Red lights. I was on a Police ride-along last summer when we pulled up behind a Corvette and a Mercedes sport coupe (both convertible). One old guy said to the other old guy 'wanna have a go?' and laughed knowing we were behind them. The officer who I was with looked at me and said 'damn, I wanted to see who would win'!
Old 04-21-09, 12:09 PM
buchum
Intermediate

I get it too. My car isn't fast. I never look over when they rev at me. :P Most of the time it works. Or other times, I'll tell them I don't have anything done. They'll give me compliments and go on their way hahaha
Old 04-21-09, 12:16 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

LOL! You're bat****.
Old 04-21-09, 04:07 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

They want to race you b/c they think they can beat an old car, even if it has a V8.
Old 04-21-09, 04:10 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DasBach
Wish I bought a GS400 and went for looks instead of performance
Dude GS 400 are still fugly, I don't care if the car was featured in Fast & the Furious. Now the new 3rd gen GS's are tight
Old 04-21-09, 08:00 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know if people were really smart, the drag strip would have an easy way to identify your car, the date you made the run, and guys could hang out at pepboys parking lot of Sat. night and prove what they really got, with a real time slip.

Quick Reply: Does everyone want to race me in my SC?