SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a 3 spoke airbag?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-09, 11:28 AM
xirforever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
How many sewn together airbags have you seen? 1? Now can you see the rip where the airbag deployed? No, because i used thick yarn.

People dont go looking for flaws. My center wood grain and outside glovebox leather are slight discolored from the sun, yet no one has ever even mentioned that. Like-wise i have a dent on my rear bumper(from the previous owner) and no one has mentioned that either.

Out of sight, out of mind. Without that rip showing, people wont think the airbag is deployed. If someone even asks about it, i could just say "its a lexus and came with a hand-stitched airbag" and people will just buy it. After all high class cars some with weird stuff to begin with. Like an analog clock built into the airbag.
I'm not sure what kind of friends you have, but most of my friends would notice. As long as your okay with settling for less, i guess there is nothing anyone can do about it. Just try not to carry this "i don't want to put any real money into a LEXUS" on the rest of your car. I would never be okay with stitching up the airbag like that... its ghetto to the rest of the car world
Old 04-24-09, 12:13 PM
Ryeno
Banned

The car world? Thats like the last group of people you should cater your tastes to. I find it hilarious how everyone here is like "omg ghetto" or "omg its a lexus, how dare you" but how many of you guys put soarer badges on your lexus or debaged and removed the lexus logo, put narly body kit on or repainted the car in muscle car two-tone and put crappy rims on. All that stuff is far more distasteful then a wheel no normal person will notice and/or care about.
Old 04-24-09, 12:19 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Much more respectable than a Soarer emblem.

You did a crappy low quality mod because you were cheap and now you're angry because people don't like it. I don't know what you expected when you made this thread.
Old 04-24-09, 06:42 PM
drft_n_sc
Pole Position

man i remember just about 2 months ago i was getting flamed for making some "ghetto" brackets to make IS350 brakes fit on my car ...

and if i recall correctly you were one of them Ryeno, now i'm not here to return the favor ... but man that steering wheel does not look factory stitched

if you wanted to make your interior look a bit more "modern", you should have just gone and bought an aftermarket steering wheel, hell i've seen Nardis go for dirt cheap nowadays

now the creativeness was there and i'm sure the time and effort has been justified by you ... its just that theres certain things that even on a "riced" out Honda would not look good
Old 04-24-09, 07:09 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

lol you might think my car ugly (soarer emblems) but i have airbag in my 3 spoke

I wasn't trying to personally attack your mod, but you don't have to defend it to the rest of us and try to convince us it looks "good" as long as you like it then i'm cool with that.

but you posted it on here for people's opinions, and i think it looks like you sewn together a blown airbag cover, if you can convince old people and teenagers that it's stock then more power to ya.
Old 04-24-09, 07:25 PM
xirforever
Lead Lap

The car world? Thats like the last group of people you should cater your tastes to. I find it hilarious how everyone here is like "omg ghetto" or "omg its a lexus, how dare you" but how many of you guys put soarer badges on your lexus or debaged and removed the lexus logo, put narly body kit on or repainted the car in muscle car two-tone and put crappy rims on. All that stuff is far more distasteful then a wheel no normal person will notice and/or care about.
I disagree. Whos opinions should i respect? Some bimbo who has no clue about cars? People who don't know anything about cars don't generally don't even care, and can't appreciate good work when it is done, the car world does and can.

While i don't think a left hand drive should have a soarer emblem on it, i dont think putting one on it is ghetto, especially not removing the badges. Muscle car two-tone on my lexus? hell yeah! we all have it!

hmmm.... crappy rims? just don't go buy some broken crappy rims and post a thread how you saved so much money buy welding them together yourself.
Old 04-25-09, 07:51 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be put on jalopnik's fail page.

I've seen blown airbags put to good use before, but they were wrapped and rebadged, not sewn.
Old 04-25-09, 06:46 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrispy

Much more respectable than a Soarer emblem.

You did a crappy low quality mod because you were cheap and now you're angry because people don't like it. I don't know what you expected when you made this thread.
and all CL members who have a clue said...AMEN.

it looks like **** /thread.
Old 04-25-09, 07:09 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry but this thread is on auto-fail....
Old 04-25-09, 09:55 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

cheapo my man, i say we pitch in few bucks from here and there and buy this guy mint 3 spoke wheel W AN AIRBAG?

you have a 5 speed sc3 and cant even bother getting decent steering wheel? cmon bro, either save up or keep it stock till you get $$$,

so manny people cant be wrong, 5 pages full and everybody is saying fail
Old 04-25-09, 10:11 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might sell just my airbag cover soon.. would you consider buying it and replacing your DIY thing?

I mean, good effort, but its a part of the car that you see a lot. It's right in front of you. Now if it was like, a tear in the carpet that you stitched up, that's cool. but this isn't remotely similar.

Be strong with all the hate though. Although negative in a lot of your posts, I have to agree with you on some such as other people who slap on ****ty bodykits, cheapo wheels ( I was part of that).
Old 04-26-09, 10:44 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My mom is not a car nut, and I asked her what she thought about the picture, if anything was off about it. She responded "What's wrong with the steering wheel?"
Old 04-26-09, 11:04 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by SCboy
I might sell just my airbag cover soon.. would you consider buying it and replacing your DIY thing?
what do you mean by airbag cover? pic? if its good sure, just to get all these people off my back.

Originally Posted by SCboy
Be strong with all the hate though. Although negative in a lot of your posts, I have to agree with you on some such as other people who slap on ****ty bodykits, cheapo wheels ( I was part of that).
The hate isnt a big deal but it is very annonying, no matter what i say everyone has to go bring up the wheel. It makes a lot of other threads go off topic.
Originally Posted by Jewcano
My mom is not a car nut, and I asked her what she thought about the picture, if anything was off about it. She responded "What's wrong with the steering wheel?"
thats cuz you asked her. by the very fact of you asking for an opinion, you are implying, mom look for the inconsistency. It also doesnt help that the image is focused in on the wheel.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-26-09 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-26-09, 05:41 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

Wink

what do you mean by airbag cover? pic? if its good sure, just to get all these people off my back.

The hate isnt a big deal but it is very annonying, no matter what i say everyone has to go bring up the wheel. It makes a lot of other threads go off topic.

thats cuz you asked her. by the very fact of you asking for an opinion, you are implying, mom look for the inconsistency. It also doesnt help that the image is focused in on the wheel.

stop arguing and defending, you screwed up, a great effort put forth but like i said so many people cant be wrong bro, just admit it and relax, no big deal
Old 04-26-09, 05:49 PM
T-Time24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I'm sorry but this thread is on auto-fail....
I think the OP is just on auto-fail

Quick Reply: Want a 3 spoke airbag?