SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Couple of mods in the works.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09 | 11:18 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Default Couple of mods in the works.....

(Recent pics of the front lip are on the last page. Let me know what you think about it.)

So I have had alot of ideas that I wanted to start working on since school is coming to a close so I figured this would be the best time to start knocking them out so I could enjoy them over the summer. Here is a list of the mods in progress (oh and thanks to redphoenix, jakebreyck, and 2.5tsoarer for all their help ).....

1. Front lip for a 97+ SC. I already cut it in half but I plan on getting this done right so I'm taking my time with it. If all goes well this weekend it should be done but we will see. I'm going to put it over the bumper instead of underneath it so it won't scrape the ground but will add a little something to the front that is missing for all 97+ SCs (Plus it should only cost you about 80 dollars to do yourself if your paitent and do it right).

2. Puddle lights for the SC in white. Got the one's off ebay for 40 shipped and then bought all the other miscellaneous items to get the job done. It's almost done. Just need to get the wiring done in the car and that's it. Here are a few pics of some of the things needed and what one of the leds looks like mounted to the bracket I painted and redphoenix helped to put together.

3. Blacked out the chrome trim around the doors. No pics of it right now but I will take daytime pics most likely today after the car is cleaned up or whenever I have a chance. About 98% complete but should be done sometime soon. Have to thank 2.5tsoarer for laying the vinyl down and doing an amazing job. You would think there was never chrome there to begin with.

4. Installed a front strut bar that I got from 2.5tsoarer and painted it matte black. Again no pics right now but definitely will have pics of it later today. Might put a clublexus decal on it but we will see.

But in any case there are plenty of mods to be completed so stay tuned. I want the lip to sort of mimick a Big Win lip but for dirt cheap, plus I get the satisfaction of doing it myself, and if it doesn't come out right I can just throw it out and its not that big a deal. The puddle lights should look good since I'm pretty much black and white on the outside and kind of adds a bit of VIP style to the ride. The blacked out chrome trim is awesome because now the windows look like one flowing piece which makes the lines on the car just that much better. The strut bar is just a bonus for me

I know this is alot guys but just sit back and let me know what you think of the progress as I post up more pics later. Oh and I will edit this first post when I get the pics of the other items.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 02-24-11 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-23-09 | 11:32 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

sounds like an interesting project you got goin on here..cant wait to see more pix!
Old 04-24-09 | 12:14 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

not sure if i'm feeling the Civic type R replica lip but i'll wait to see it on first. fingers crossed
Old 04-24-09 | 01:08 AM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

yeah, wondering how it would look too! gl
Old 04-24-09 | 05:41 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

The puddle lights are going to look gangster thanks to my workshop IN my apartment... haha.
Old 04-24-09 | 07:15 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
sounds like an interesting project you got goin on here..cant wait to see more pix!
Thanks Yea pics should be updated later on today. Going to start working on the lip in a little while.

Originally Posted by aka paco
not sure if i'm feeling the Civic type R replica lip but i'll wait to see it on first. fingers crossed
I know I know but give me a little time. I'm not going to just slap it on there unless it turns out pretty good and I am taking my time with it to get it done right the first time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed too

Originally Posted by Peter_95
yeah, wondering how it would look too! gl
Thank you It might work...just can't rush the process.

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
The puddle lights are going to look gangster thanks to my workshop IN my apartment... haha.
Hahaha....yea your place is like a dream for any builder. You don't have to go anywhere but step out your room and everything is there
Old 04-24-09 | 07:33 AM
ucfa4
Lead Lap

Im interested in seeing this lip. What car did it come off of?
Old 04-24-09 | 08:53 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

yeah i mean SC's do have flares on the corners of the 97+ front bumper as well..

another member did a civic Mugen style lip on his 95-96 bumper i think (Booja) but i didn't think it flowed well with the car.

hopefully yours turns out good, i don't discourage people from trying something different, that's what gives us new ideals..
Old 04-24-09 | 08:56 AM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Wow this should be great. GL
Old 04-24-09 | 04:22 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

hope the lip turns out good bro, but post some pics
Old 04-24-09 | 04:27 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

I'd like to see how the puddle lights look. maybe if theyre nice you can rig me up a set

And can't wait for that lip to be done! hope it turns out well
Old 04-24-09 | 07:15 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ucfa4
Im interested in seeing this lip. What car did it come off of?
96-98 Honda Civic Type R. Bout to post some more pics in a minute so stay tuned. Got alot done today.

Originally Posted by aka paco
yeah i mean SC's do have flares on the corners of the 97+ front bumper as well..

another member did a civic Mugen style lip on his 95-96 bumper i think (Booja) but i didn't think it flowed well with the car.

hopefully yours turns out good, i don't discourage people from trying something different, that's what gives us new ideals..
That was the inspiration for this project. I liked the idea but the design of the Mugen lip is not right for the SC with those holes in the lip. This lip is less flashy and more simple which is what I'm going for.

Your right about the 97+ bumper flaring at the corners. That has been the most trouble with getting the lip to go around the bumper.

I'm always up for trying things or else all our cars would look the same Pics coming up shortly so check them out.

Originally Posted by P Weezy
Wow this should be great. GL
Thanks Check out the pics in a minute.

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
hope the lip turns out good bro, but post some pics
I hope so too....pics in a few....

Originally Posted by SCboy
I'd like to see how the puddle lights look. maybe if theyre nice you can rig me up a set

Haha....your going to have to talk to redphoenix about that since he was the one who got them all wired up to the bracket

And can't wait for that lip to be done! hope it turns out well
Thanks me too!!! This could be revolutionary if 97+ SCs can have a pretty good looking lip for only 80 bucks. Pics in a minuto.
Old 04-24-09 | 07:43 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Update on the front lip. Heated up the sides of the lip to make it fit the front bumper just right. Put the aluminum plate in between to extend the lip, put rivets to secure the aluminum to the polyurethane lip, then put the first bit of bondo. Tomorrow my dad and myself will sand the bondo, fill in the little imperfections with some more bondo, sand, and then prime. If all goes well the whole lip should be fully painted. Can't wait to see how it all turns out in the end.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 04-28-09 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-25-09 | 07:26 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Made alot of progress today. Sanded, primed, sand some more, some more primer, filler, wet sand, more primer. Hopefully tomorrow it will be fully painted and put on the car but we will see. Also the puddle lights should be done tomorrow so stay tuned.

This is just a test fit. The lip will actually sit a little higher than this so just wait till its snug onto the bumper some more.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 04-28-09 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-25-09 | 09:35 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

looks like that front lip will look pretty good. in for the finish.

Quick Reply: Couple of mods in the works.....