SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Wheels? Yay or Nay

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-09, 06:19 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $loJam
Nay, they look gay. Be a real man and get some tough wheels like some lowenharts like these.
Fail recommendation IMO.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Damn he called you out on the steering wheel...

Rays makes Gram Lights, and in the proper offset I think those would look very nice, as well they are a quality wheel.
Alot better than Rota's, and alot lighter than Lowenharts. It's obvious you want a sporty look, yet a somewhat affordable price.
Those you posted are a good choice. I would get 19", but 18" will still look nice if they are around a +22 offset. Don't get +35 or +40 that'll be really sunk-in at that size. 8" in front is alittle tame. Go atleast 9" all around widths. 10" in the rear if possible.
I'm pretty much 100% on board with you on that. Also look into the titanium lip models if you really want to get something different. If you read below though, you'll see that 10'' wide isn't available. Granted, the fitments below are from my 2008 catalog..

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I live in newport beach, i think it says that right under my name

It's not about the offset but the style.

Again not about the brand but the style. How many people out their know how much different rims are worth? Or even rim brands?

I've see that style of so many Hondas. You know where it has a U shaped spoke. I have never seen anyone with a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Bentley or any nice care ever put a rim that looks remotely similar to that one on their cars.

Not to mention the offsets are to aggressive and the rims aren't even that wide.
Again not about the brand but the style. How many people out their know how much different rims are worth? Or even rim brands?
Do you?

Also calling you out on that stitched wheel....

You obviously have some sort of fixed idea as to what certain car makes 'must' have equipped on their cars...get over it. There are also guys who rock really nice cars, and still manage to put crap wheels (yes, that includes STYLE and BRAND) on their cars. I'm not pointing any fingers here, I'm simply stating the truth, regardless of make. Also, for your knowledge 57Spro's aren't even available in BMW, Benz or Bentley bolt patterns. That just might be why you're not seeing them on those cars. Here's an idea of what 57Spro's can be seen on...

Just a few I was able to throw together really fast..You can tell the fitment of these wheels doesn't get very extreme. In fact the biggest fitment you'll see these available is in 18x9, and the offsets come in the following;

0,12,20,30,33,38,40,43mm's.

My thoughts to the original poster, give some thought into UZZTT's comment about fitment for 18x9's, and then if you really need to, consult your GramLight's dealer for available width and offsets (they may have changed for '09) if they don't know or can't get you that info e-mail the guys at Mackin Industries. PM me if you need a good source for those wheels.
Old 04-25-09, 06:22 PM
Methodical
Lead Lap

I think they look great, but, I would go with 10's out back for sure. I personally like the 57Pro better. However, I don't know what to think about the Ti Lip.
I think I'd do all chrome.

Old 04-25-09, 06:27 PM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Methodical
I think they look great, but, I would go with 10's out back for sure. I personally like the 57Pro better. However, I don't know what to think about the Ti Lip.
I think I'd do all chrome.

It's definitely different, that's for sure. I hope my catalog is outdated and 10'' wide is available.
Old 04-25-09, 07:18 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad some people are hip to the game, and not completely lame!!! lol
Nice pics to back up the smack! I can't wait to see what you decide to do....
Don't puss out and get lame offsets! Remember to get tires which aren't puss either!!!
That's a whole different topic. Go with the 20 offset
Old 04-26-09, 12:47 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

nay, You see so many hondas with rims that look just like that. If your gonna be buying rims, you might as well get something that doesnt "look" cheep.
Are you serious???

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
there is a difference between "looking like it" and being "it". say no to knock-offs and go for it

That is right!!! Learn something from my boy here!!!

Thats the problem. When someone sees that rim, they are gonna see the same rim on all the honda ricers. So its gonna appear crapy even if it is a good name brand rim. Bottom line is everyone doesnt know what you know.
I'm beginning to change my mind about you...

Nay, they look gay. Be a real man and get some tough wheels like some lowenharts like these.

I know the sc is a 90"s car,,, but chit... putting thise Lowenharts is taking it back to 98.

I've see that style of so many Hondas. You know where it has a U shaped spoke. I have never seen anyone with a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Bentley or any nice care ever put a rim that looks remotely similar to that one on their cars.

Not to mention the offsets are to aggressive and the rims aren't even that wide.

Now I am thinking you are gay as fack!

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
A yarn-stitched steering wheel looks cheap. Rays wheels do not.

Definitely a yay, and aggressive 18's look hot
YES YES YES

Originally Posted by tularisgp
^ i agree with the above statement. those wheels would be hot hot hot.
That's right!!! ****en you get chit for your 92 tails and here is this martha stewart **** making all of us sc owners look like douches!! WTF is that about?

Damn he called you out on the steering wheel...

Rays makes Gram Lights, and in the proper offset I think those would look very nice, as well they are a quality wheel.
Alot better than Rota's, and alot lighter than Lowenharts. It's obvious you want a sporty look, yet a somewhat affordable price.
Those you posted are a good choice. I would get 19", but 18" will still look nice if they are around a +22 offset. Don't get +35 or +40 that'll be really sunk-in at that size. 8" in front is alittle tame. Go atleast 9" all around widths. 10" in the rear if possible.

That's right Kid!!!!!!!!

Don't puss out and get lame offsets! Remember to get tires which aren't puss either!!!
That is right GADDAMN it!!!!!!!!! ****en people put Bullchit wheels on their chit and cannot appreciate facken badasss wheels? Fack that, people get shot in my hood for making facked up choices like that...... and Im drunk!!! hahaha
Old 04-26-09, 12:58 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Thats the problem. When someone sees that rim, they are gonna see the same rim on all the honda ricers. So its gonna appear crapy even if it is a good name brand rim. Bottom line is everyone doesnt know what you know.

TNS.
Old 04-26-09, 01:20 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought people in Newport Beach had money and taste.

How are the offsets too aggressive for the widths? That doesn't even make sense. Are the offsets supposed to be higher if the wheels aren't as wide?
If you don't know what you're talking about, maybe you should stick to what you do know. Like DIY yarn stitched airbags.

Maybe you haven't seen Japanese wheels on a European car because they don't offer it in that bolt pattern. Or because it's a sporty racing wheel and those brands you listed are mainly luxury. Maybe you should've bought a BMW, Benz, or Bentley if you were looking for respect, since the SC doesn't seem to be working out for you.

To the thread starter, if you can get them in at least a 9/10 width setup, +22 will look good.
Old 04-26-09, 01:29 AM
SoarerAZ
Pole Position

Thanks, I'm glad someone actually read my offset listing.
Old 04-26-09, 01:56 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

the wheel is a classic 7-spoke design, silver with a lip...and it also appears to be lightweight and a good wheel brand...you couldn't go wrong with it IMO...
Old 04-26-09, 08:45 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by SoarerAZ

Thank you for proving my point. That rim is on all the ricers and the knock off 5 spoke one is on the hondas. Why would you put that on your sc, its a downgrade.
Originally Posted by chrispy
I thought people in Newport Beach had money and taste.
They do, here is my weekend car, but i doubt you even know what it is. (or how much its worth)
Old 04-26-09, 08:55 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

yea sure u got a M1 but it looks kinda beat up doesnt it? does that also have hand stitched airbags by you too? but seriously, those cars are NOT ricers, if u think they are, then u need to sell ur SC3/400 and go play with the snobby BMW owners who think Jap cars are POS. are all of your 807 posts about talking trash about other peoples car?
Old 04-26-09, 09:05 AM
Ryeno
Banned

LiCelsior why are you here talking smack? You dont even have a SC.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-26-09 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-26-09, 10:00 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I thought you only cared what people who don't know anything about cars thought about your car. Driving a busted M1 just makes you look like you couldn't afford a newer BMW to most people in Newport Beach. And of course I know what it is because I am into cars. Don't expect an average Joe to give you the respect you're longing for in those cars.
Old 04-26-09, 10:23 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by chrispy
I thought you only cared what people who don't know anything about cars thought about your car. Driving a busted M1 just makes you look like you couldn't afford a newer BMW to most people in Newport Beach. And of course I know what it is because I am into cars. Don't expect an average Joe to give you the respect you're longing for in those cars.
I think its funny how your trying to hate on the m1 cuz you dont have one. Obvious your not into cars because a) the m1 is worth more then any current bmw and b) if a car is busted you cant drive it.

Just curious where do you live? FYI its more prestigious to be driving a 70s Rolls Royce, 1965 shelby cobra, M1 or some kind of older car that you cant just go out and buy. A lot of people have Range Rovers, BMW M5s, CLKs and S-class's but those are the DDs, the weekend car is where its at.

P.S. you shouldnt talk about newport when you dont know anything about it.

Last edited by Ryeno; 04-26-09 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-26-09, 10:27 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

LiCelsior why are you here talking smack? You dont even have a SC.
cuz im tired of you talking s#!t to other SC members when they can mod their car which ever way they want. if you have something bad to say, keep it to yourself unless the OP says to post criticism. if u want them to mod it the way u want to, send them the money and im sure they'll be happy to do it.

Quick Reply: New Wheels? Yay or Nay