SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supra lights on an SC !!PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 03:18 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what about retrofitting supra front headlights? Just a thought, but it would look cool... Additionally, Could you mount the entire supra front end? Does the SC have the same width as the supra? It'd make an very unique car -- Supra Coup -- A thought I've had for a while. (evidently)
Old 03-18-02, 04:01 PM
quick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SupraCoup3
what about retrofitting supra front headlights? Just a thought, but it would look cool... Additionally, Could you mount the entire supra front end? Does the SC have the same width as the supra? It'd make an very unique car
Why?

If you like the look of the Supra just purchase one instead of hacking up a lovely SC.

You can get the NA JZA80 Supra and it will have the same engine etc as the SC300... and they're pretty cheap too.

IMO it would be a shame. ...lots of work too.
Old 03-18-02, 05:05 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea how it would look (thinking outloud)... But thinking about it, you'd lose the lines that run right up the hood, so yes, it would be a waste. I see your point. But I still think retrofitting the 2light boomex kit would be tight... I posted a thread a while back about some guy who did it on a purple SC400.

And about a cheap JZA80 2JZ-GE Where would I find one? I'd like to keep my SC400, and have a supra too, but I can't find a cheap one. Cause of the Fast and The Furious the prices on Supras are inflated. SC300 are more popular and cheaper.... atleast that's what I've found.
Old 03-18-02, 05:27 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to know how the supra rear lights would look a while back but never botherd to finish blah
Attached Thumbnails Supra lights on an SC !!PICS!!-scsupra1.jpg  
Old 03-18-02, 06:04 PM
socal
Driver School Candidate

I think part of the reason it looks ricey is because the lights are too bright from the supra pic. I only spent like 3 minutes on it, nothing special, just wanted to see what you guy's thought. General opinion= "rice"
Old 03-18-02, 06:26 PM
quick
Pole Position

Originally posted by SupraCoup3

And about a cheap JZA80 2JZ-GE Where would I find one? I'd like to keep my SC400, and have a supra too, but I can't find a cheap one. Cause of the Fast and The Furious the prices on Supras are inflated. SC300 are more popular and cheaper.... atleast that's what I've found.
Well, I guess it depends on your definition of 'cheap', but I've seen _many_ NA MkIV (JZA80) Supras with 80k miles or so in the $14k price range.

Just look on autotrader ... or even in your local paper.

Supra prices have always been higher than Blue Book. It's because they're phat cars.

Good luck in your search. Remember that NA Supras are S-L-O-W. You need the TT if you want a fast one.
Old 03-18-02, 07:01 PM
Lvangundy

Check out www.ldvg.com...click the 'misc pictures' link..under the car section there are two pics, one is of my friends Toyota pickup with custom body and supra taillights...it looks good on a truck
Old 03-18-02, 09:19 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Talking

LOL, all this talk about rice...... Did anyone see the program on speedvision on how they tried to cover the "import scene". I forget what the name of the actual program was, but there was a Honda civic on there that was totally re-done to look like a GS400. The guy spent thousands on the exterior, and not one thing was done to the engine. And not to mention the car looked horrible. Imagin a '95 honda civic DX 2 door, with GS400 head and tail lights, and a REALLY crappy looking front bumper.....a sad day.
Old 03-19-02, 09:52 PM
marcman18
Driver

If my SC400 ever looks like that you have my permission to steal my car because I then do not deserve a lexus.
Old 03-19-02, 10:46 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lvangundy
Check out www.ldvg.com...click the 'misc pictures' link..under the car section there are two pics, one is of my friends Toyota pickup with custom body and supra taillights...it looks good on a truck
Lee, that's a cherry looking LS400 you have. I would have never guessed it was 12 years old from the paint and interior. The seats are in better condition than mine!

Sorry to say, but those Supra lights look sooo wrong on a GM truck. Heck, even Corvette tail lights look wrong on a truck. The red LS430 next to it, however, is just about the sweeeetest looking LS I've ever seen.

Chris, I saw a Honda Civic DelSol with a GS400 front-end molded on at Hot Import Nights in Oakland. It was hideous looking!!! Hideous!
Old 03-19-02, 11:39 PM
Lvangundy

Thanks for input SC !
Old 03-20-02, 01:04 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: San Francisco Custom Cars

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Hey....I've seen a 92 Toyota MR2 in my neighborhood sporting SUPRA taillights in the back.
So supra lights on an SC would not shock or suprise me. I just don't think supra taillights were all that cool to begin with.
I have seen a car like that MR2 in a video on a freeway with a couple guys yelling "ricer!!!" at him. I think headlight/taillight swaps are an embarassment to the owner of the car, and all it means to me is that they wish their car was something else but couldn't afford it. My car has subtle interior and exterior upgrades and the Lexus 18's because it looks tight as **** with OEM parts.
I don't think the SC needs major treatments or conversions like that, and I sure as hell don't have any respect for people who put those things on lesser cars.
Old 03-20-02, 10:29 AM
quick
Pole Position

Thumbs up Re: Re: San Francisco Custom Cars

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400

I think headlight/taillight swaps are an embarassment to the owner of the car, and all it means to me is that they wish their car was something else but couldn't afford it.

I don't think the SC needs major treatments or conversions like that, and I sure as hell don't have any respect for people who put those things on lesser cars.
Well said. I agree completely.
Old 03-21-02, 09:03 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

i agree... but ugly they look good on supras, not scs... the 97+ lights look perfectly fine
Old 03-23-02, 02:38 AM
methodmf
Pole Position

there's a 4 runner wit GS front
i thought it looked nice
anyone have a pic???
there's a banner infront says GS4 runner

Quick Reply: Supra lights on an SC !!PICS!!