SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

More Hp And Bust

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-02, 09:58 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Hp And Bust

ok. So i got a 2000 SC 400 with 290 hp. How can i bring my hp to 349+?
Second, my car is supposed to get 0-60 in 6.3, but the only way im gettin this is if i crank the car into low range, then into second, and then into third. When i put it into drive, the car takes a lot longer. What the hell happened to my car?

Also, is it possible to put a three spoke steering wheel and wood shifter like the one on mine in a 95 model? Iheard no because of the airbag and the OD button, but has anyone since found a way to do it? My friend is willing to pay a lot to do that to his car, so let me know

lates
Old 03-20-02, 10:55 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: More Hp And Bust

Originally posted by Toog4me
ok. So i got a 2000 SC 400 with 290 hp. How can i bring my hp to 349+?
Second, my car is supposed to get 0-60 in 6.3, but the only way im gettin this is if i crank the car into low range, then into second, and then into third. When i put it into drive, the car takes a lot longer. What the hell happened to my car?

Also, is it possible to put a three spoke steering wheel and wood shifter like the one on mine in a 95 model? Iheard no because of the airbag and the OD button, but has anyone since found a way to do it? My friend is willing to pay a lot to do that to his car, so let me know

lates
Eh 290hps to 349hps N/A would require a chip, intake, headers, and exhaust. You should be over 349hps then. Manually shifting gears in your auto isn't good from what I hear, but the reason why you're stalling between 3rd and drive, is probably because the low gears are fixed and the tranny ECU has to reorient itself when in drive. You should just put your ETC switch on PWR mode and leave it in drive. That way the tranny shifts at redline and does so by itself. The shift stick isn't interchangeable. Even if you did fit it in, it'd look weird because the 95 shift rod is a lot thicker and the cover opening is a lot wider. He'll have to buy a cheapo Levoc shifter or something, which is pretty tall too.
Old 03-20-02, 11:15 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

I wish I was acutally putting 225 to the ground, compared to the 160-170 I have to the ground. I think I would need an intake, ECU upgrade, Apexi S-AFC, heat shield, electric fan setup, and a few other things to acually put 225 at the rear wheels.
Old 03-21-02, 12:00 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Camshaft, at least you have the turbo option The day an SC400 can put 700hps to the ground, you can whine.
Old 03-21-02, 02:06 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

A while back Cmputerwiz posted a link to a site that pulled the old "rental" trick on a Neon. I think he hooked up so much nitrous to the poor thing that it was running mid 12s. I rest my case.
Old 03-21-02, 08:34 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Camshaft
A while back Cmputerwiz posted a link to a site that pulled the old "rental" trick on a Neon. I think he hooked up so much nitrous to the poor thing that it was running mid 12s. I rest my case.
Bah nitrous! That's last resort type of stuff. Plus the last thing I want is a performance mod with such high upkeep. Not only do you have to refill a bottle every couple quarters, but nitrous isn't engine friendly even when used right.
Old 03-21-02, 01:01 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

I know, its as healthy for you car as you running a marathon and taking speed to keep going. At least its an option... Actually, I would work with a local engineering college on adapting a super charger setup, maybe roots style. If they can put one on the BACK side of a new Accord, they can fit one to yours. Basically upgraded fuel system, intake system, igniton. Surely some kids will make you an intake with autocad, I know a few around here that did it. Take an autocad file to a good shop with a CNC machine and they should be able to whip up something.
Old 03-21-02, 04:52 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

A roots blower on a Lexus? LOL, that'd be a site!
Attached Thumbnails More Hp And Bust-photoshop20.jpg  
Old 03-21-02, 05:28 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

What exactly is the "rental trick?" ive heard of it, but what is it? Oh and good analogy
Old 03-21-02, 05:41 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
A roots blower on a Lexus? LOL, that'd be a site!
400sc, hate to burst your bubble, but the roots style supercharger he's talking about only requires a little bump in the hood... We're not looking @ domestic monstrosities here.

(That would be VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYY Ugly on a Lexus!)

*shivers*
Old 03-21-02, 06:00 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

yeah its looks nasty but it looks funny at the same time

but if you think thats nasty, image the sc400 with that, 100 spoke gold dayton rims, gold trim, white exterior, grey interior, and flowmasters.

Now thats the ugliest sc ive ever seen (pamona raceway 2001)
Old 03-21-02, 06:33 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SupraCoup3

400sc, hate to burst your bubble, but the roots style supercharger he's talking about only requires a little bump in the hood... We're not looking @ domestic monstrosities here.

(That would be VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYY Ugly on a Lexus!)

*shivers*
Yeah I know, I was just painting a funny picture. That blower is carbureted and wouldn't work on our engine anyway.
Old 03-21-02, 09:34 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

I think I got mixed up. I was thinking a setup kind of like the one available for the 3.0L TRD supercharger for 4runners and Tacomas. Only on the pass. side a little. I did my term paper in high school on a guy in Little Rock that does custom injection systems. Did alot of LT1 conversions, putting injection on carburated stuff, that sort of thing. He was the one that created the 900 horse Mathon V-12. He put the monster into a hot rod, but said it was more of a chore extending the chassis to fit it than keeping traction. Now those motors are mostly used in off shore racing boats. Anyway, he did alot of re-routing and mounting pulleys and stuff to fit into different vehicles and mentioned stuffing a supercharger on an LT1 in an S-10, even though there was limited room to start with.
Old 03-23-02, 07:30 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I put into power mode, and i had to turn traction control off, and it worked!

But one thing i noticed about Lexus and their times are their innacurate. They said the SC430 has a time of 5.9 and C/D has a time of 6.6

I asked the Lexus guy and he said they dont know ****, which i find hard to believe.

So when i did what you told me, i got a time of 5.9but it was more of like 6.09 because of my clock.
Old 03-24-02, 02:35 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

You could put the supercharger in a new style intake, moving the throttle body over, if you are looking to avoid the hump. Plus I think that a slight height cowl induction hood wouldn't look horrible.

Quick Reply: More Hp And Bust