SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone heard from Jon Jones / Im2gq4u ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-09, 08:10 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Besides, I'm sure you remember when this happened to you.....

Old 05-24-09, 09:22 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jon Jones contacted me, said he is trying to figure out how to get to the mailing facility to mail the door handle- (Can't drive a car with a broken leg.) Will see how it plays out but at this point I've made contact with him which is good
Old 05-24-09, 11:23 AM
schwarz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhm, the postman can pick it up? FedEx and UPS also offer pickup service...so there is no excuse for 'how to get to the mailing facility'.
Old 05-24-09, 12:03 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by schwarz
Uhm, the postman can pick it up? FedEx and UPS also offer pickup service...so there is no excuse for 'how to get to the mailing facility'.
In other words he's trying to find one to buy and then send to this guy because he's nervous now
Old 05-24-09, 12:47 PM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Lemme 'kinda 'splain the way things work......

When you say "I officially vouch" that means you are taking responsibility for that persons actions. You are vouching for them. If you do not wish to take responsibility for their actions, ............. don't vouch for them. For now? Too late...... You're the guy who told everyone he was alright and good to go, you're the vouch.

So no backin' out with that "I didn't do this, I didn't do that" bull or you'll be put in the same fire because you'll BOTH be backing out.
I dont even know how to react about your two posts about me, I am not a bad guy, but you know how to make me look like one. Ya, I lost $15 to a user on here a while back and was helping the other user that lost $200 from the same guy, so? I came on here also trying to help others recoup from Jon, by making myself present and letting them know I left Jon a message. I will also call him in a few mins and let him know that im not happy with him. I already sent him a text at 3am and left him a message on his facebook. I just woke up so I havent called him yet.

I didnt make any deals with the people that Jon did and yes I did vouch for him almost a year ago when I did trust him. I dont visit this forum that much anymore, so I didnt withdraw my vouch before Jon decided to mess up. I didnt know that Jon was going to mess up with other members on this forum.

So after all I have done how does that put me in the "same line of fire" as Jon?
Old 05-24-09, 12:59 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rules

Moderators and members may ask for vouches to make sure someone who is known to our Club Lexus community knows the seller and/or has inspected the item being sold. Vouchers for high dollar sales are expected to personally know the member you're vouching for and will need to commit to be personally involved if there is any issue with the sale or product being sold. The member selling the item is reponsible for proactively contacting the vouching member and having them post in their thread or PM the moderator who closed their thread requesting a vouch. Don't wait to be asked, as your thread may be deleted.
I'm not sure who's side this helps. I think its Luin's side, but yeah.

These items aren't being vouched for by Luin, only for that one thread, a year ago.

Edit: Luin never actually posted on any of Jon Jone's classifieds saying he was vouching for those items.
Old 05-24-09, 06:14 PM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called Jon and left a message, if he doesnt reply by monday afternoon to my call I will personally PM all users involved to see what I can do to help out. My email is luinhaden@gmail.com if any of the users want to email me directly, please feel free to do so. Jon has not responded to any of my ways of reaching him and will not even acknowledge me right now.

Last edited by Luin; 05-24-09 at 11:35 PM. Reason: cell phone cut me off on letters
Old 05-27-09, 08:26 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Alright i was doing some skyline searching today and i found this and more importantly this
It looks like a very straight forward process. Mods if you can please tell us this isp address and the time of his posting on this site, that would most likely help the authorities.
Old 05-27-09, 09:47 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Luin
I dont even know how to react about your two posts about me, I am not a bad guy, but you know how to make me look like one.
Post wasn't even about you (second one was). Post was about vouching. It's not there just for sh&ts and giggles, it means something when you do it. Once a member gets a vouch he can sell on CL, not just THAT product. That's why it matters who, what, when, and if the voucher takes responsibility. It doesn't matter if it is you, me, or Jesus - it isn't about you. People should see this and take note before they figure it's all good and drop their name out there on vouching in the classifieds. A good lesson learned for all. It's good of you to help the folks contact him.
Old 05-29-09, 05:03 PM
defrag010
Driver

well, my paypal claim against him finally ended and paypal awarded me Zero dollars because they "couldn't get it" from him. I think that's BS, because I've had someone file a claim on me a long time ago and your paypal account will go into the negative if they win.

However, I'm moving back to Arkansas in a few weeks and will only be a few hours away from Springfield. I have friends in Joplin, so I might make a trip up to visit them and hop on over to see if I can find Jon. If I can get a current address for him, I'll know where to go.
Old 05-29-09, 05:07 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard back from him... Hmn...
Old 05-29-09, 05:56 PM
Blurr
Driver

I don't play like that. Take it to the next level and involve law enforcement. Easy one for them to handle.
Old 05-29-09, 06:04 PM
defrag010
Driver

Law enforcement never does anything about petty theft like this, it's going to have to be thousands of dollars before they even raise an eyebrow.
Old 05-29-09, 06:26 PM
Blurr
Driver

Originally Posted by defrag010
Law enforcement never does anything about petty theft like this, it's going to have to be thousands of dollars before they even raise an eyebrow.
I would report it anyway. Who knows, the "perp" could be on probation for something else. Like Big Worm says, It's the principality Smokey. Playin with my money is like playin with my emotions".
Old 05-31-09, 02:19 AM
defrag010
Driver

I got some information on Jon. I had to register at www.417racing.com, but just one search of "jon jones" will yield pages of nothing but bad **** about him. People on the forums are calling him a pathological liar and a good "story" teller. He actually got banned from there. Here's a quote from their forum about him:
wow jon jones ripping someone off. sometime when I'm bored ill post some links to probetalk threads where jon ripped many members off for thousands of dollars. for a while jon went by im2gq4u which ironically is the username of a probetalk member he ripped of for over $1000. this guy will always be a piece of ****** in my book.
I'm gonna pm some people on that forum and see if I can find out where his current address is. For anyone who wants to register on that board, check this thread out: http://417racing.com/forum/viewtopic...&sd=a&start=20

Last edited by defrag010; 05-31-09 at 02:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard from Jon Jones / Im2gq4u ?