SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-02, 07:27 PM
SC300@CT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SC300 Radio Problem

I have a 92' SC 300 with the tape deck-sterio. It has worked for 6 months since I have owned the car but today it stopped working right. I have read the some of the prior posts and I dont think the speakers are cooked and they worked for 7 motnhs sounded fine? It still powers on and off and the antenna goes up and down. When I crank up the volume all the way I can barely hear it faintly through the speakers. I am not sure if I got a short or a bad fuse. I went to reach around the back of the center console but then I realized you cant reach back there. I hate to think what its going to take to replace a radio in the console? Please any one with experience with either the possible fuse to check or how to take out the radio on a 92 SC coupe please reply back.. I had done the antenna a few months ago and saw some other stuff in the drivers side trunk area gonna check those connections. Thanks in advance... Steve In Connecticut

Update I fixed my problem it was the wires in the left side of the trunk. I left the radio on and started checking fuses possible near the amp in the trunk next to the power antenna and bingo the radio came back to normal. I moved the wires around a bit and put the carpet back up...Oh and it was dry I had been directed to check the area for dampness. Anyway thanks this board is very helpful I am glad I dropped by. Someday I wil look into some mods I saw here.

Steve
IBM
CT

Last edited by SC300@CT; 03-23-02 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-22-02, 07:47 AM
messysc
Driver

Check your amplifier which is under your cd changer in the trunk. Sometimes water can leak through your trunk and get down in there and cause problems, feel for dampness
Old 03-22-02, 11:21 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

I kind of have the same problem, but only when I try to listen to the radio, when im using my cd changer it works fine.
Old 03-22-02, 11:35 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Here is a previous thread with lots of information on removing the radio

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=25852