SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How's the Stock Stereo System in your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-09, 11:25 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Well or arguments sake i will say that you only need to connect 2 wires for it to power on, 12v constant and 12v switch, it will ground thru the antenna wire. (of course you need speaker wires/RCA's hooked up to hear sound)
Well for agruements sake, no matter what you do you need more then 2 wires. You need atleast 4 extra if your running the oem speakers and if your running rcas, well then you need atleast 1 extra wire for rem.

You dont have to change the speakers, im using my stock pioneer 4" with my head unit right now without any problems untill i upgrade. so if you arent planning on changing speakers then there is NO NEED to take the interior apart.
Are you running your aftermarket hu through the amp? If so your prob not getting as good of a sound quality if you bypassed the amp. And to bypass the amp you need to take apart the interior.
Old 05-16-09, 11:45 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Well for agruements sake, no matter what you do you need more then 2 wires. You need atleast 4 extra if your running the oem speakers and if your running rcas, well then you need atleast 1 extra wire for rem.
Well this is really a moot point, if you are installing correctly then you should connect whatever needs to be connected.

Are you running your aftermarket hu through the amp? If so your prob not getting as good of a sound quality if you bypassed the amp. And to bypass the amp you need to take apart the interior.
No i bypassed the amp and the HU is connected direct to the speakers but the only thing that had to come out was the head unit (obviously) door sill trim, rear seat (3 bolts) and the trunk lining on the back and right side, i never touched the rear deck or door panels.
Old 05-16-09, 11:53 AM
Ryeno
Banned

No i bypassed the amp and the HU is connected direct to the speakers but the only thing that had to come out was the head unit (obviously) door sill trim, rear seat (3 bolts) and the trunk lining on the back and right side, i never touched the rear deck or door panels.
I wont lie that works but its not good either. By tapping into the speakers at the amp, your essentially doubling the wire length to the front speaker, thats going to result in a voltage drop.
Old 05-16-09, 11:59 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wont lie that works but its not good either. By tapping into the speakers at the amp, your essentially doubling the wire length to the front speaker, thats going to result in a voltage drop.

that's really not gonna have much effect on anything, and it's still going to sound 10x better then stock..

I had a great working factory sound system, and INEEDASC3 wired my car bypassing the amp, i have a pioneer headunit and small 10" boxed sub with a 250w amp and it's 10x times better then any factory SC sound system..

Your the same guy that stiched together a blown airbag cover, i don't think your method of doing things has much creditablity anymore, i'm sure nobody's gonna be following any of your DIY's anytime soon

btw, INEEDASC3 has worked for years as a car audio installer.
Old 05-16-09, 12:07 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by aka paco
that's really not gonna have much effect on anything, and it's still going to sound 10x better then stock..

I had a great working factory sound system, and INEEDASC3 wired my car bypassing the amp, i have a pioneer headunit and small 10" boxed sub with a 250w amp and it's 10x times better then any factory SC sound system..
its still not as good as it can get. Running off HU means you need to minimize voltage drops a lot more then lets say running of a amp. Even aftermarket HU dont put out a lot of power rms. a voltage drop of 8 percent makes a bigger difference on 8 volts then 15 volts.

And no upgrading the stock hu with oem speakers wont sound 10x better, 2x as best.
t
Your the same guy that stiched together a blown airbag cover, i don't think your method of doing things has much creditablity anymore, i'm sure nobody's gonna be following any of your DIY's anytime soon
thank you for throwing in the irrelevant.
btw, INEEDASC3 has worked for years as a car audio installer.
Is that supposed to be a compliment. That means he specializes in doing something as cheep, quick and easy as possible. Time = money is how companies operate.

Last edited by Ryeno; 05-16-09 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-16-09, 12:37 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Is that supposed to be a compliment. That means he specializes in doing something as cheep, quick and easy as possible. Time = money is how companies operate.
Money isnt an issue and just because its quick-er and easi-er doesnt make it wrong, any decent car stereo shop will do the same thing. I have done this on many SC's and NEVER ONCE has ANYONE had any problems with it.

Im not gonna get into an argument with you about this, i have done this for a living and i know what im doing, considering most people in here think the stock stereo sounds "good" im willing to bet NOT ONE would be able to hear ANY difference in sound doing it my common sense way vs. your PITA way.

Voltage drop is minimal and irrelevant considering the people that care about that kind of stuff are hardcore audiophiles and likely dont run off the HU and have aftermarket amps etc.... and they dont need advice from a Lexus forum about car audio.....
Old 05-16-09, 12:55 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ryeno, someone rocking a stock sound system and worried about voltage drop with a aftermarket unit by passing the facotry amp? it's a vast improvement.

Obviously nobody can argue with you because your an idiot, making threads about nearly wrecking your car trying to make 40mph u-turns, seweing airbags back together.. it is relevant, because it shows the kind of person your are..

Your talking out of your butt, not from experience..

all your threads do is make everyone laugh