SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

did mazda 3 halo gauges today

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 11:46 AM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco
You'll tell people anything won't you? I like how you quickly replied with some long paragraph explaining "your" opinion.. I'm not happy with my cluster from lextech and you quickly dismiss it must be my dimmer.

How am i making complaints under the radar? who's radar? yours? are we not allowed to express our opinions on a product? I regret sending my cluster in to lextech, you also kept a set of my working 95 needles, seems like i could have got some kind of discount. Funny how that works, I pay you for 92 needles, you keep my working 95 needles for free.

most people probably are so happy to get their lextech cluster back because they didn't have working needles or backlighting as it is, mine worked fine, and it's my fault for not going by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

I guess there is some rule about stating your opinions on products or services from CL vendors? unless they are positive of course.

I don't care if 1000 people did the 32 whites and are happy, I'm not, is that against the rules to say that?
I felt the same way as you when I got my cluster done from Lextech. Here's a thread in which I posted my experience with them https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...g-lextech.html

It's funny how we get criticized for sharing our experiences. That's all I have to say for now.
Old 05-19-09, 12:02 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WoW... hey 1sxyrxy if this thread gets closed PM me any updates you will have I am really interested in this mod I have an extra cluster laying around and I just might get it done
Old 05-19-09, 02:50 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
WoW... hey 1sxyrxy if this thread gets closed PM me any updates you will have I am really interested in this mod I have an extra cluster laying around and I just might get it done
+1 I'm also interested.
Old 05-19-09, 11:06 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess there is some rule about stating your opinions on products or services from CL vendors? unless they are positive of course.

I don't care if 1000 people did the 32 whites and are happy, I'm not, is that against the rules to say that?

I have to agree with you not being happy with them. I have/will not send any cluster to Lextech (mine still work, thank God) but I have seen his work. TularisGP on here got his done and he hates them... The Temp & Fuel Needle are off and the cluster (At the highest setting) is still so dim. I feel so bad for you and him.

I would rather throw my old cluster away and BUY a NEW one from the dealer than get these done like you. I'm sorry to hear man.

To the OP... Looking good!!!
Old 05-19-09, 11:09 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by camberSC
I would rather throw my old cluster away and BUY a NEW one from the dealer than get these done like you. I'm sorry to hear man.
I called my local dealership (Redwood City, CA) and they said it was like 600 refurbished or like 1000 new?! wtf\
Old 05-19-09, 11:56 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Deceptik1
I felt the same way as you when I got my cluster done from Lextech. Here's a thread in which I posted my experience with them https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...g-lextech.html

It's funny how we get criticized for sharing our experiences. That's all I have to say for now.
No you got criticized because you jumped all over everyone without ASKING if the cluster was supposed to be a 26 and it was because it was running the UHP led's which made it brighter than a 32. Then followed that up with a helping of your typical attitude.

Originally Posted by camberSC
I have to agree with you not being happy with them. I have/will not send any cluster to Lextech (mine still work, thank God) but I have seen his work. TularisGP on here got his done and he hates them... The Temp & Fuel Needle are off and the cluster (At the highest setting) is still so dim. I feel so bad for you and him.

To the OP... Looking good!!!
His temp and fuel needle are off because unlike everyone else that read the proper instructions for putting it back in, he did not or he'd have set them before the cluster ever got bolted in.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-20-09 at 07:31 PM. Reason: removed personal insult
Old 05-20-09, 02:58 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

edited by self
Old 05-20-09, 08:10 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

No there is no rule that says that. But there is a rule about thread jacking.
But since I edited your post for you, I will let it slide.

The genius move was saying "I'll probably get banned for saying this..."
By stating that you are telling the forums that you are knowingly going to run a thread off topic.
Old 05-20-09, 08:37 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
No there is no rule that says that. But there is a rule about thread jacking.
But since I edited your post for you, I will let it slide.

The genius move was saying "I'll probably get banned for saying this..."
By stating that you are telling the forums that you are knowingly going to run a thread off topic.

I don't know how i get the thread jack award, I was on topic saying i wish i would have looked into the halo mod vs sending my cluster to lextech.

thought this thread is about the halo's.
Old 05-20-09, 09:14 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

In one post you spoke of the halo mod dimmer #5, in the post I edited was nothing but bashing Lextech. There by starting this whole Lextech banter.
Prior to that post, no one brought up Lextech.

You can state your opinion about Lextech. Just dont do it jacking someone else's DIY thread.

I've had bad dealings with two vendors on this site. Am I going around bashing those vendors in threads? No. Did I PM and call the vendors to get my problem fixed? Yes. Oh wait, I did bash a former vendor in a thread...And I got popped for it too.

Now...What are we talking about here? Mazda 3 Halo Mod.
Carry on...
Old 05-20-09, 12:52 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

OP: nice cluster man, great DIY. There is a reason Lexus put Cathodes in 97+ looks 10x better!!!!

Originally Posted by neurocity
You can state your opinion about Lextech. Just dont do it jacking someone else's DIY thread.
Carry on...

.......and so he makes his own thread and it gets "moved" into another low traffic forum that has nothing to do with SC's/gauges/ or even lighting so no one can see it......

Last edited by IOWNALEXUS; 05-20-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: If i want my post edited I WILL DO IT!!
Old 05-20-09, 01:27 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3

.......and so he makes his own thread and it gets "moved" into another low traffic forum that has nothing to do with SC's/gauges/ or even lighting so no one can see it......
^^^^ BOLD.....

and OP can you PM the link to the halos you bought
Old 05-20-09, 02:09 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
the reason someone would give a thumbs down is because they obviously know electronics. You can't underpower a transformer to control the tube. You must control output to the tube inside the transformer after the power supply and before the step up inverter. The transformer will likely fail extremely early in life. Could just be a few months or less. Those transformers are built in as well so not replaceable. You'll be spending $50 every couple months to keep this setup going and you can't go back to stock or another type of system since you cut all the reflectors and guts out of the cluster, so I'd suggest continuing to look for a way to properly control the output or you'll be spending $300 a year in cathode rings to keep it going. Underpowering the power supply input is simply going to destroy the voltage regulator on the transformer.
I was worried about this so i did some googling. http://www2.electronicproducts.com/C...1-MAR2001.aspx
Turns out most voltage regulator should support analog dimming which controls the input voltage to the regulator. And if the ebay regulator doesn't support that you can just buy a new one online or in your local electronic store that supports analog dimming.
Old 05-20-09, 02:12 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I was worried about this so i did some googling. http://www2.electronicproducts.com/C...1-MAR2001.aspx
Turns out most voltage regulator should support analog dimming which controls the input voltage to the regulator. And if the ebay regulator is cheep you can just buy a new one online or in your local electronic store that supports analog dimming.
Now tell me the drop point of the voltage going into the SC cluster off the dimmer and the safe point for the regulator. When you know that, it will be interesting.
Old 05-20-09, 02:31 PM
UZZ30-SC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Now tell me the drop point of the voltage going into the SC cluster off the dimmer and the safe point for the regulator. When you know that, it will be interesting.
LoL, i was getting ready to say that. People get angry with you because they believe they have come up with a better way of doing what you do, and when they find out that its not better they attack you. As far as some saying your work is sub-par, dont know what they are talking about. When I got my cluster back from you I PERSONALLY disassembled the cluster and inspected the work, alot of which was better than what i saw OEM in the cluster. I'm not saying every cluster will come out perfect, but OLT is an awesome guy, he will fix ANY relevant problem you have, other than your negligence, no questions asked.

People on here are MUCH to quick to bash, bringing to light a favorite quote, IGNORANCE BREEDS FEAR.

As far as the OP's project, dude, you are doing a great job trying and I really hope you get the dimmer setup working for you, it really wont be as simple as plug and play so good luck bro. Keep up the awesome work

Quick Reply: did mazda 3 halo gauges today