Suspension install mini-meet in Chicago area

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-02, 05:29 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Suspension install mini-meet in Chicago area

Hey guys,
Me, Alex (aka 2Lexos), and Tom (forgot his username) are going to APG tomorow (Saturday 22nd) at 12, where I will get my KYB AGX shocks and Eibach Supra TT springs installed. Anyone wanna join us?

PS. ComputerWiz, can ya make it sticky for a day? Plez?

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 03-22-02 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-22-02, 07:14 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey

hey directql,
im in chicago area and i frequently go to apg. i would love to get out there for tomarrow, but i start work at 12. how much did apg charge for the springs/shocks combo? and how much for install. im doing my car up nice over spring break, (march 28-april 7) exhaust, intake, and afc. well if you guys want to have a mini meet somewhere just let me know ahead of time, so i can call out of work. i have put the bomex kit on it as well.

Kevin
Old 03-23-02, 06:56 AM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: hey

Originally posted by lexcoupe
hey directql,
im in chicago area and i frequently go to apg. i would love to get out there for tomarrow, but i start work at 12. how much did apg charge for the springs/shocks combo? and how much for install. im doing my car up nice over spring break, (march 28-april 7) exhaust, intake, and afc. well if you guys want to have a mini meet somewhere just let me know ahead of time, so i can call out of work. i have put the bomex kit on it as well.

Kevin
Ohh that sux! I wish you could came out. The more, the marrier. We meet up here and there. I'll let you know when we will meet up next time. I think Alex (2Lexos) wants to organize a bigger meet soon.

Now, APG is doing the install but as much as much as I think they do a fine job installing and fixing, I found ways to get my parts cheaper else-where. I think they do excellent job with installs and they're very down-to-eath people vs. other places.

PS. Don't get the S-AFC, get the emanage, it's better.
Old 03-23-02, 08:17 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default ah i see

yah i know what you mean by getting the parts somewhere else cheaper. thats how im getting most of my parts too. make sure that you post the next meet so i see it, or just give me a email at ficti0n00@aol.com or if you have aol or instant messenger just give me a buzz at the same name.

well keep me posted on how it goes, and id like to meet up with you guys sometime soon. Thanks
Old 03-24-02, 06:31 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

How many you Chicago guys going to HIN on 6-29? I am cruising down there with my Michigan boys, 2 S200's, a supercharged 4 runner, Audi TT, my RX-7 (bro driving), my X-5 with the 22's , 3 Supra's (one with 1000 hp), and a turbo charged Integra.
Old 03-24-02, 06:37 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default im definatly there

yah, im goin for sure. i was thinking entering my coupe, but i check up on a score card, and i dont have half what it takes, but im sure it would be fun. Johnny, you should enter some of those rides that your bringing down. we should set something up to meet somewhere. what do you think, should i enter my 92 coupe. engine has injen intake, apex exhaust, and pearl white bomex kit. by then ill have a feul management system. (either AFC or E-manage) but ill be there for sure, if i enter or not.

Kevin
Old 03-24-02, 06:47 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

I am thinking about entering the X-5, because it will probably be the only one down there. I am sure all my Supra boys will enter that I am coming with. But an X-5 with 22's and a Dinan exhaust might do me proud

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-02, 06:49 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

Kevin, I think you should enter. Sounds like you have some nice parts on your car. Don't underestimate the popularity that the Lexus SC is getting nowadays. Seriously, go for it.
Old 03-24-02, 06:57 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default sweet

yeah i think ill go and enter, my friend might be able to get me a supra tt engine, (built) and we might try to fit that in time enough for the show. and he might let me ride his 19" racing hart m5's but yah i think im gonna go and enter.

Kevin

Ps. DirectQl hows the suspension riding?>
Old 03-24-02, 09:43 PM
DIrEctQL

If you guys are going to Hot Import Nights then let me know, I'll go with ya. Hehehe.
Old 03-27-02, 06:44 PM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: sweet

Originally posted by lexcoupe
yeah i think ill go and enter, my friend might be able to get me a supra tt engine, (built) and we might try to fit that in time enough for the show. and he might let me ride his 19" racing hart m5's but yah i think im gonna go and enter.

Kevin

Ps. DirectQl hows the suspension riding?>
Damn it Kevin, you need to change your screen name! I IMed fiction00 (that's fiction00 with an "o") and chatted with him for an hour before I realized it's not you!

Now, about the suspension, I need the control arms. Simple as that. Now, how are you planning to get the engine? How much, and where at? Is it possible you can hook a brother up?! Hehehe.
Old 03-28-02, 05:42 PM
maajr
Driver School Candidate

Default What's APG?

Hey fellas, what or where is APG?

I'm in Chi-town and just got new struts. The tuner shop (which was a great find for me, in ChinaTown not far from Downtown) ordered Tokicos for me, but got the wrong rear struts. The guy drove to the Mcgrath dealership and bought the 2 stock for the rear and put them in. You can see my disappointment. Let me know of some good shops.

Thanks, Marty

Bye the way, I would love to see some SC's at Hot Import NIghts!
Old 03-31-02, 08:39 PM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: What's APG?

Originally posted by maajr
Hey fellas, what or where is APG?

I'm in Chi-town and just got new struts. The tuner shop (which was a great find for me, in ChinaTown not far from Downtown) ordered Tokicos for me, but got the wrong rear struts. The guy drove to the Mcgrath dealership and bought the 2 stock for the rear and put them in. You can see my disappointment. Let me know of some good shops.

Thanks, Marty

Bye the way, I would love to see some SC's at Hot Import NIghts!
Don't go to APG. Last time I went there they wanted to charge me 350 bucks just for the front shocks and springs installation. They quoted a Supra TT would be 280 for all the wheels. They wanted to charge me just because I have a Lexus. If you do go there, avoid getting your stuff done by Alex's brother. He's the one who wants to make lots of money. Alex would do it for me, but his brother didn't agree. He wanted to go by the book/computer. Not only that, Alex's brother was rude when I said no, it's too much and even when I was doing the dyno there last time Alex's brother charged me 20 bucks extra for RWD. These guys don't seem to be want to be an aftermarket place. I guess they want to stay a repair shop.
Old 04-01-02, 05:18 AM
2Lexos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the record.....i'm not the alex he's talking about.....

alex
Old 04-01-02, 06:32 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by 2Lexos
for the record.....i'm not the alex he's talking about.....

alex
Sorry Alex, hehehe. I was talking about APG Performance staff/owners.

PS. I got bad news about tonight man. I have high fever and can barly walk streight. I don't think I will make it. Going to the doctor today....

Quick Reply: Suspension install mini-meet in Chicago area