SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

i was very hurt last night...... (not physically)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-09, 12:10 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
nope, fact. Look at the GPS unlike Toyota you can actually enter an address while driving. Style wise lexus is very plain compared to the new MB. The 2SC doesnt even come close to the SLK which is why toyota is dropping it. And the quality of the new lexus has fallen, lifetime transmission that doesn't need oil changes? Out of the new lexus lineup the rx is the only car that shines and even then i wouldnt want to own it past 90k miles. Back in the day it was a different story, the sc looks far better then the old SL but times have changed.
I was talking about the opinion-based fact that MBZ is better then BMW and LEXUS.

I would say BMW is better than MBZ because of their maintenance\service plans, reliability, and looks. Sure, Lexus doesn't sell as much as MB, probably because people would rather have the 3 pointed star rather then an L.
Old 05-17-09, 12:24 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Amini9
I was talking about the opinion-based fact that MBZ is better then BMW and LEXUS.

I would say BMW is better than MBZ because of their maintenance\service plans, reliability, and looks. Sure, Lexus doesn't sell as much as MB, probably because people would rather have the 3 pointed star rather then an L.
Nope. MB is better quality then BMW. BMW is almost as bad as Audi or Ranger Rover. Lexus is better quality then BMW, but thats not saying much. Like i said massive drop in lexus realibility, it all started with the 1st RX which is a horribly unreliably car. But in terms of respect which is based of features and style MB is the top dog. Compare a C-Class to an IS to a 3 series, the IS is the worst, with the 3 series above it and the c-class being the best in entry level. Or a S-class to the LS to a 750, again MB is the best. Thats why lexus doesnt sell as much, its because they arent as good.

Anyways this is really off topic, i'm done talking about car brands in this thread.
Old 05-17-09, 12:29 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My mothers 2000 E430 gave more issues than my 92 SC400......case and point, it is your opinion MB is better, but looking at reliability, that is clearly a misconception.

As for the OP, who gives a flying **** what she thought? It's your car, you like it, that's all that should matter. If you're someone who cares about what other people think, and only try to please other people through what you have, then I would honestly feel sorry for you. You like your car, that's all that matters.
Old 05-17-09, 12:29 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Amini9
I was talking about the opinion-based fact that MB is better then BMW and LEXUS.

I would say BMW is better than MB because of their maintenance\service plans, reliability, and looks. Sure, Lexus doesn't sell as much as MB, probably because people would rather have the 3 pointed star rather then an L.
I'd much rather take the BMW. Free mantinence ftw. Not to mention it's the best handling of the luxury brands . Even if the MB is a slightly better built car, it's still a fat and slow slightly better built car lol.

Example: Notice an AMG C-class has a huge 6.2l V8, while the M3 gets along fine with a 4.0L V8 making 50 less horsepower and with a much slimmer torque curve too. And the C-class can't even begin to touch the M3's track times.

Last edited by QwkSC; 05-17-09 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 12:33 PM
renren7
Lead Lap

If you love MB that much, you should probably discuss your knowledge on MB @ MB forums... this is lexus, and i dont think MB is above lexus in reliability, and thats pretty much proven....

MB is nice, but I'd still take Lexus because its japanese...

Perhaps, just to be unbiased, that japanese cars are overated on reliability, but it doesnt really matter because its deep down in to everyone's mind that japanese cars = reliability now a days..

I do agree the new C class looks nice though haha

Last edited by renren7; 05-17-09 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 01:00 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bro i'm sorry to say but this is such a dumbazz thread guy if your feelings get hurt by something a dumb chick said then you have bigger problems then just changin your emblems i would of left that hoebag on the corner waiting for a ride from the MB and BMW these guys above are talkin about ^^^^

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 05-17-09 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 01:30 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

i thought this was club lex.like i always say DO YOU.and what other people say would not matter
Old 05-17-09, 02:05 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by Jewcano
My mothers 2000 E430 gave more issues than my 92 SC400......case and point, it is your opinion MB is better, but looking at reliability, that is clearly a misconception.
I'm talking about NEW cars not old. Dont get me wrong i like Lexus, its worlds above acura or infiniti but i am not blind to the truth. Their quality is no longer godly. How much more reliable is an is250 going in 10 yrs compared to any other luxury car brand. All the new cars are so redicilously advanced that they are bound to break. Your talking about 6/7 speed auto trannys with lifetime fluid. Shifting in it self is bad for the car, now they shift more. And unless i am missing something we haven't had a radical breakthrough in fluid technology. The 90s toyota-based lexus have good quality, todays lexus are a different breed. Born of the same technology as other luxury car brands. This isnt 1999 anymore, times have changed.

Last edited by Ryeno; 05-17-09 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 03:16 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

I'm talking about NEW cars not old. Dont get me wrong i like Lexus, its worlds above acura or infiniti but i am not blind to the truth. Their quality is no longer godly. How much more reliable is an is250 going in 10 yrs compared to any other luxury car brand. All the new cars are so redicilously advanced that they are bound to break. Your talking about 6/7 speed auto trannys with lifetime fluid. Shifting in it self is bad for the car, now they shift more. And unless i am missing something we haven't had a radical breakthrough in fluid technology. The 90s toyota-based lexus have good quality, todays lexus are a different breed. Born of the same technology as other luxury car brands. This isnt 1999 anymore, times have changed.
You don't own a NEW Lexus, nor a BMW, nor a Mercedes. It doesn't even matter if you test drove or drove your buddy's car. If you own the car and drive it daily then you know what's up with these cars.

In the past 5 years, my family has gone through all these 3, lexus having the best reliability, and BMW right behind it. Mercedes crapped out on us more then enough times, which is why we've stuck with the BMW.

Just like others have said, you are completely opinion-based. Yeah, its not 1999, times have changed, but so have reliability and such on all cars.
Old 05-17-09, 03:32 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry champ, quality and reliability isn't measure by performance right out of the factory. It's the ability to test and withstand the test of time, and see how much repair has to be put into it. Saying a 2009 or 2008 Mercedes is more reliable than another car is laughable in the fact it hasn't been given enough time to show true reliability. My example was more than enough to fit the bill. The car is a 2000, meaning it was built in 99. It is 10 years old, and has in those 10 years had issues that I have not seen in other cars before, and some I have.

Get your facts straight before making opinionated comments and treating them like solid fact.
Old 05-17-09, 04:12 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=renren7;4529443]If you love MB that much, you should probably discuss your knowledge on MB @ MB forums... this is lexus, and i dont think MB is above lexus in reliability, and thats pretty much proven....

+10 LOL
Old 05-17-09, 04:33 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

as much as i love benz(w124, w126, w123's, and w140s) newer benzez are junk ever since they touched chrysler, now they began to get better again w new c lass and new s class

also mb dont even touch lexus on reliablity issue, lexus/toyo, and acura are way above mb and bmw, TRUST ME, unless its a diesel benz, now those suckers are real deal, got one myself, '99 e300 turbo D, anyhow japs are on top but beware our Aryan brothers are coming and soon gonna dominate

with audi leading the lap w its new S5, car is pure Sex and no jap car will even get close to it looks wise
Old 05-17-09, 04:45 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

if that chick is fat... get the "No fat chicks, car will scrape" sticker and tell her to read it

but then of course u gotta be dumped.
Old 05-17-09, 05:40 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Holy crap- I was gonna give somebody some crap over a ridiculous girl-bashing comment but then my head was spinning so bad over everyone debating how much better Benz's and BMW's are that I had to lift the front of my burkha and smack myself or I was gonna puke. Plus- if you're gonna go to jail for smacking a ***** you better make it count and deck her in her throat.
Old 05-17-09, 05:56 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Plus- y'all are talking about rebadging this dudes Soarer to impress chicks...wtf? If she isn't in the tuning scene her opinion isn't worth the 5 minutes it'd take to switch out the emblems. Not that a chick who isn't into tuning is worth less- it's just that she shouldn't influence any decisions you make about your tuner car unless she asks you to hang handcuffs from your rollcage. You boys have issues...swap your badges out to make it more impressive to mean-spirited gold diggers.

Quick Reply: i was very hurt last night...... (not physically)