SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone using HID's from XENONDepot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-09, 06:43 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone using HID's from XENONDepot?

I just got my 6000k HID kit from XenonDepot Saturday, tried installing them but for some reason there not working. I wanted to know do any of you have there kits installed? Did any of you use a RELAY? I installed these kits in the past without using a RELAY and they worked perfectly fine. Im not using one now and wonder is that the problem. The kit didnt come with a relay so I thought it would be a plug n play kit. Im going to contact them tomorrow but wanted to see how you guys running your lights.
I tried the lighting section but there isnt much on SC's there, is there a DIY somewhere?
Old 05-17-09, 06:45 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

be sure you havent reversed the positive & negative wires coming off of the ballast. if nothing else switch them around to see if it will work.
Old 05-17-09, 06:57 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by huddleston
be sure you havent reversed the positive & negative wires coming off of the ballast. if nothing else switch them around to see if it will work.
I dont think you can get them mixed up because the wire plugs directly into the other plugs. Are you using a RELAY?Whats coming out of the ballast is the wire to plug into the harness to the cars harness to the bulb, then the 2 wires to the HID bulb.
The picture below-I have it connected to the HID BULB but the white/black wire is for the relay, if i was using one-right?

Old 05-17-09, 07:09 PM
Sup2jzgte
Lexus Test Driver

The black and white wire that goes from the ballast to the light does not fit the OEM connector. Plug the OEM connector (the one that goes to your light) directly into the ballast.

I just had the same issue.
Old 05-17-09, 07:12 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the plug on the HID kit that plugs into where the factory bulb would be connected to, try plugging it in the other way, essentially flipping it over and plugging it in that way. The tabs and everything wont line up, but you are testing to see if the polarity is off (if the negative is on the wrong side and the positive on the wrong side). That's a problem i had when i put in my HID kit. Also check your fuses. I had to bump mine up to 20amp.

I see you are from the 714. If that doesn't work or my explanation is kind of unclear, i'd be willing to meet w you and take a look at it being as that we are both local.
Old 05-17-09, 07:22 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by huddleston
Very common problem on the aftermarket HID's.

Definitely wanna get you a wiring kit. It will make them function better and you won't have to worry about overloading your wiring. I could tell a big difference after putting mine in. If nothing else get a cheap one from ebay. DDMtuning.com has them for around $35 but remember you get what you pay for.
Old 05-17-09, 07:25 PM

i have it also i had the same problem you have to flip the plug... weird but for it to to work it has to be plug into the side that it cant clip so tape it on or somthing well at lease thats how my setup was not shure if my plugs where stock or if last owner changed it and did the wire back words
Old 05-17-09, 07:30 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vinh
For the plug on the HID kit that plugs into where the factory bulb would be connected to, try plugging it in the other way, essentially flipping it over and plugging it in that way. The tabs and everything wont line up, but you are testing to see if the polarity is off (if the negative is on the wrong side and the positive on the wrong side). That's a problem i had when i put in my HID kit. Also check your fuses. I had to bump mine up to 20amp.

I see you are from the 714. If that doesn't work or my explanation is kind of unclear, i'd be willing to meet w you and take a look at it being as that we are both local.
Thanx guys. I flipped the plug and it worked, wonder why its made like that? I'm gonna hit up XenonDepot and see whats up. This is going to be offtopic but its still a lighting question and its my thread, how do you turn the foglight/bottom corner light on? I checked the bulb/fuse and its still not working, is there a button in the cab that I dont know about?

Last edited by 6SOARER; 05-17-09 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-17-09, 08:25 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^that's a cornering light, do a search.
Old 05-17-09, 09:46 PM
schwarz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
This is going to be offtopic but its still a lighting question and its my thread, how do you turn the foglight/bottom corner light on? I checked the bulb/fuse and its still not working, is there a button in the cab that I dont know about?
What year is your car? Reason I ask is you have a 92-94 cornering light on a 95-96 front bumper. See if the things are even connected to anything.
Old 05-18-09, 08:45 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by schwarz
What year is your car? Reason I ask is you have a 92-94 cornering light on a 95-96 front bumper. See if the things are even connected to anything.
WOW, are you serious? It's a 92' I picked up a few weeks ago. How can you tell its a 95-96 bumper? I just got the car so I dont know the differences between the years, just the 97+ models cause I plan on doing the upgrade. The car looks all original from the body and paint, everythings aligned.
Yeah, but everythings hooked up. I installed my new susppension on the weekend and checked out the bulbs-everything checked out fine.
Old 05-18-09, 10:38 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
WOW, are you serious? It's a 92' I picked up a few weeks ago. How can you tell its a 95-96 bumper? I just got the car so I dont know the differences between the years, just the 97+ models cause I plan on doing the upgrade. The car looks all original from the body and paint, everythings aligned.
Yeah, but everythings hooked up. I installed my new susppension on the weekend and checked out the bulbs-everything checked out fine.
You can tell by looking at it that its a 95-96 bumper, also because your cornering(grandpa) lights (comes on with turn signal BTW) don't fit into the bumper correctly.

P.S. The HID's are made like that because they are cheap and made in china with little quality control, there is no difference between the xenondepot ones and the cheap ebay kind except the price.
Old 05-18-09, 11:34 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Ddm tuning ftw
Old 05-18-09, 06:42 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t70 supra
Ddm tuning ftw
+1 love that place. takes a little while to get from CA to AR but def worth the wait
Old 05-25-09, 12:51 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi,

Glad to hear you go the kit working.

Lexus/Toyota vehicles have reversed polarity so you would need to switch the ground/positive wires on the input going to the ballast. Once you do this (as you already know) the lights will function perfectly.

Steve

Quick Reply: Anyone using HID's from XENONDepot?