SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You all need to chill out.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-02, 11:30 AM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh BTW, I dont lease my autos....I pay for them in CASH.
Old 03-28-02, 11:42 AM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Man...this is boring. I guess all the SC owners are hard at work at their jobs to pay off their used and outdated cars and to pay for their NOS kits.
BTW, some of my friends were wondering.....why does your glass say "TOYOTA" on it? LOLOOOOOOL
Old 03-28-02, 11:54 AM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

What's so bad about a Toyota?

Again, I'm just curious and with the fervor here in this thread I'm probably gonna insult somebody by asking a question but really c'mon now BMW vs LEX?

I live in LA and Bmw's are a dime a dozen. There are actually more Bimmers than Lexuses actually from my perspective (no I"m not gonna go out and look for actual stats). Here's a funny stat though, I was at Jim Falk Lexus yin Bev Hills yesterday looking for parts and there were 3 new model 5 series Bimmers traded in sitting in the lot collecting dust. Just a fact. Conversely, when my dad was X5 window shopping, we didn't see any Lexus's getting traded in for BMW's or if there had been, they were snatched up quickly.

What does this all mean? I dunno. But to me, A lex is a lex and a bmw is a bmw and they're all nice cars. Why can't we all go pick on Mercedes or something - that's terrible build quality !

And in all fairness to black and chrome - I guess he is right in that he really wasn't insulting anybody just making an opinion on bmw boards being more helpful in terms of service assistance. Fck, if I were a lex guy and I logged on to a bmw board to get help on perf mods and supercharging and nobody helped me cuz they're all experts in fixing cars and not souping them up I'd be pretty annoyed too.

MOral story is , everybody just takes things way to personally here on this thread. A couple of sentences ago I said Fck. For that somebody's prob gonna slam me for swearing now hahahahahahahahah

Take it easy.

And to Finally answer the inital question to this whole thing, SC400 is a great car. I like it more than the SC430. Would "I" take a bimmer over it? Heck yeah, but i'd also know it'd break down- and well, maybe it's worth it.....
Old 03-28-02, 12:16 PM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Finally, someone who actually thinks on this board. Talking about GS3. You people take things way too personally here.
My car has never needed fixing for anything, ever. Nothing. Point is....if it ever does, I want to be able to know I can get an answer.
The fact that you people THINK Lexus dealers are honest in servicing your car says a little more about how ignorant you people are.
Finally....GS3, one disagreement here. BMW are BMW's....right. Benzes are Benzes....but Lexus' are Toyotas. Thats that. Toyota is a family car. Not the greatest association you want when you think of yourself in a Lexus, right?
You are paying all that extra money for an L on your trunk lid instead of a T.
A es300....souped up Camry.
A sc.....souped up Solara.
LS...souped up Avalon.
Simple as that....and even though I guess its not a huge deal....because Toyotas are well made....a Toyota is NOT a BMW.
Old 03-28-02, 12:33 PM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

BlackandChrome,

Lexus maybe Toyota, but at least it is not compared to WARTBURG or TRABANT like your BMW.

And no I will not teach you how to use the net search functionality to find out what I'm taking about, let just say is way worse than Toyota.

Wartburg Sample 1
Wartburg Sample 2
Trabant Sample 1
Trabant Sample 1
BMW M Sample

Enjoy,

Last edited by ChrisK; 03-28-02 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-28-02, 12:48 PM
enginyr
Banned

I almost got a 2002 330......THANK GOD I didn't...From all I read on bimmer.org and e46fanatics....Nothing but problems...Window motors break after 2k miles. Engines need to be REPLACED after 5k miles....Fan motors burn up, starts the car on fire and finally burns the house down.

The most we complain about is how come we can't fit more ladies in the car. Lexus = Reliabilty. Why else do you think we don't talk about electronic and mechanical problems "They are none".

P.S. Your not worthy of a Lexus.....!!!
Old 03-28-02, 12:50 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Black and Chrome

You're right that Lexus is a Toyota. And luckily, I have a GS which is not a souped up anything so I was spared any , shall I say, condescension but I guess I'm just curious as to ...

1) why you're looking for an SC when it's obviously in your perspective an inferior car (wouldn't want to get associated with yuck,a Lexus).... Why not look for another bimmer?

2) why you'd think people on this board (Lexus owners) wouldn't get maybe a teensy bitsy insulted since well, bluntly, this thread is pretty negative towards our cars.

Again, just curious. I myself aren't insulted in fact I think it's great to have a differnt opinion but i'm just curious as to why you're still considering the car.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm actually pretty proud to be associated with a Lexus/Toyota. Lex as a whole is pretty well associated with prestige and class and well, #1 in it's class and # 1 in quality ain't too shabby. I used to own an 88' Porsche and all the perks that came along with it (the women loved it) but well, there's a reason I don't own that car anymore and that's cuz I'm happier driving a car to go places rather than to the shop/dealer where I"ve had probs. Good for you that you don't have any probs with your 540 - really. But I can put $$$ that there are more bimmer trade ins to Lexus than there are vice versa.

Wonder why? Oh well, take it easy and I actually hope you don't get banned - this thread's pretty interesting compared to the usual threads Isee on my desktop lol hahahahaha

Originally posted by BlackandChrome
Finally....GS3, one disagreement here. BMW are BMW's....right. Benzes are Benzes....but Lexus' are Toyotas. Thats that. Toyota is a family car. Not the greatest association you want when you think of yourself in a Lexus, right?
You are paying all that extra money for an L on your trunk lid instead of a T.
LS...souped up Avalon.
Simple as that....and even though I guess its not a huge deal....because Toyotas are well made....a Toyota is NOT a BMW.
Old 03-28-02, 01:06 PM
krypto
Driver

BLACK AND CHROME......your ignorance is astounding...I own a 00 540i!!!!!! Ha! And it's a fine car(wifes). However, there are MUCH better autos made. I've owned alot, and believe it or not, for fit and finish nothing, I say nothing compares to Mercedes. Don't flame me, I said 'fit and finish'.... Hell, my previous 525i was okay, but not the best for build quality...And didn't last as long as some others I've owned..

Of course your, "my car is better than yours" line of reasoning...I mean that is so moronic it barely deserves a response.

BWMs are nice, but so are most Lexus....So are many other Cars. This debate is futile, and rediculous. Buy what you like, drive what you like...BUT DONT FLAME OTHERS>>>ESPECIALLY IF YOU DON"T OWN ONE.......I'm sure I speak for many when I say, you don't like it here....leave..

I won't even start with cars I've owned, but I doubt there's many you (BLACK AND TAN) that could compare to the Lambo I had or the 930, 928s4 etc. Want proof let me know....But I'm not here to toot my horn, becouse those cars are long gone (sniff sniff). The problem I see with you is you come in here and rag on people using the excuse of "I'm looking for info in case of mechanical trouble" "people on the BMW sites are much more technically inept". Thats crap...you get what you get...dumbass....It's a forum...thats all.......It's not Lexus.com..
Old 03-28-02, 01:13 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bean....heres the problem, once you mod your SC with all that stuff you listed....your car will STILL be slow and STILL be a Toyota.
LOL, did I mention BMW owners get more ***** than Lexus owners, ask your wives and girlfriends. LOL.
Oh it will huh? I guess 700rwhp is slow then?

As for who's going to mod their Lex with 2000hp or whatever (even 500 you say)

Well I can name 4 that I know of right now that are making AT LEAST 500

Jeff's car, in the shop now for a bigger turbo and standalone; but dynoed 537rwhp in his SC300 with a 6-speed swap.

SR's car, bolton Stage 1 Toyomoto kit.

SC300T's car, dynoed 423rwhp at 10psi; he runs up to 18psi on pump gas and around 575rwhp

SC300TT's car. this is the infamous Clint. Ever seen his famous videos? Tore apart a couple 11sec RX-7s and a Viper Venom 500. Dynoed 765rwhp.

Ebanks. He's got a T72 and a 150shot Direct Port, lol, nuff said

I can go on because there are other turbo owners on this board.
And if you think your bimmer gets more tail than a Lex, your friend's with the Lex's must be lying and really be getting more tail than they say. Bimmer's are a POS and you have shown it amply. And if you use your car to get tail; then you got no game friend; I feel bad for you and your little soldier

Yup my car will still be a Toyota. And I stand proud upon that fact that its the most reliable car brand in the world and also builds the worlds STRONGEST motors and is the best along with Nissan as far as turbocharged motors in the WORLD. I don't think you quite get it. BMW ain't ****. Get it through your head.

You DID come here to start a fight. Here you are as a ****ing newbie and you come on here telling us what we should and should not do and being a ****ing clueless moron in the process.
Old 03-28-02, 01:22 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

LS...souped up Avalon.

Your first statement is semi-correct. But I'd expect that from you. An ES300 is MUCH nicer than a Camry and is one of the most reliable cars money can buy.

An SC a souped up solara? LOL you're a moron. The SC is a RWD JZ-based chassis. Its based off the Supra you moron. The solara is based off the Camry You know what the Supra is right? Its the car when BPUd that can beat any production car BMW ever made Including your glorius M5.

An LS is its own car. Especially the LS430. You ever wonder what BMW and Mercedes strive to be in the luxury segment? Its the LS430; THE luxury car. No bimmer or merc can hold a candle to that car; not the new 7-series either. The LS430 is a RWD BIG sedan; the Avalon is FWD if I remember correctly and is not nearly as big.

Thank God a Toyota is not a BMW. That means its reliable and the builders stand behind their work. That means we get great dealerships without their heads up their asses and super strong motors from the factory. I don't hate BMW, I just hate most of the owners that think they are all that if they own one. Which is sad, because its a crappy car. Not any better in build quality than most GMs. Don't believe me? Go hang around in the service bay of a BMW dealership and see how many new ones come in for stupid **** like broken wiper motors or worn out camshaft lobes or smoked clutches (this ring a bell on your E46 M3?)

Last edited by Bean; 03-28-02 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-28-02, 01:41 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is the most pointless thread to date, although entertaining.... I especially like the parts where people start in with the little sayings...

"
"I know people half your size that could kick your ***"...
about BMW's.....HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY OWNED ONE? A NEW ONE....? HOW MANY OF YOU?
lol either way lol

stupid yet entertaining...

anyways I like clublexus.
Old 03-28-02, 01:50 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, Let me say a few things, I know a couple people who have Bmw's, unfortunetly two of my friends own a Bmw 740 iL's, and talk about problems, one of them had to get his car towed three times on him because it wouldn't start, then his transmission went out, and his radiator blew up... My cousin on the other hand has a 95 LS400, which has over 110k miles on it last time I saw, and he has never and I can swear to this, Never had one single problem with it, he's never even had a flat in the thing, I know that has nothing to do with the build of the car but IM just making a point that his TOYOTA/LEXUS is the most worry free car he has ever owned, O and another thing, those BMW's only had about 60k miles on it.. Now Don't get me wrong I would still own a BMW, only an M5 or an M3, other then that I wouldn't touch any 330's or the rest of those junks. Hey Black and Chrome, if Lexus's aren't good? why is it that when the LS400 came out, it almost put Mercedez out of business, I guess u didn't know that right? the S class sales dropped so much the whole company almost went under... That's the truth too everyone in case a few people doubt what I say

ShOwGS
Old 03-28-02, 01:52 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Yes you're right; i forgot to bring up that point
Old 03-28-02, 02:02 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

How can an ultimate driving machine compare with the relentless pursuit of perfection?

I mean, "Relentless " and "Perfection" is 2 vs 1 "Ultimate" so I guess we win.

The End.

hahahahah i love this thread. It's so worthless yet I glance at the active desktop just to see if anybody else posted stuff on.

I LOVE CLUB LEXUS!!!!

Hm..... I wonder if the sysadmin is checking my ip hit usage.
Old 03-28-02, 02:05 PM
enginyr
Banned

BMW = Bad Motor Work

Quick Reply: You all need to chill out.....