SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You all need to chill out.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-02, 09:20 PM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You all need to chill out.....

Ive been lurking on the boards the last few weeks because I am a 540i owner and have been looking at maybe getting a SC400 just for the hell of it. Ive always liked how they look anyways.
I see a lot of crap on this board though......well the SC one....

1-If I ever have a problem with my 540i, there are always a ton of people on the BMW Message boards who help me out who actually know what they are doing....unfortunately from what Ive seen on here....a high majority of you are kids who dont know much about actual problems with the car. Not ALL of you....but most of you....I have read how a lot of you are former Honda owners....and it doesnt surprise me. My point is I have saved a lot of money on my NEW BMW just by those boards and the help I get....Im not sure if its worth it to me to spend money on an older used SC400 because I cannot get any help here, agreed? I see a lot of posts where people will have actual problems with the car....and no one hardly answers....yet when you are talking about supercharging the engine, everyone knows....even though none of you will ever do it with exception of a few. Is this not right??

2-Then there is all the **** talking on the board....even though I admit it seems a lot of that was with that turbocharged and lexsc400. Turbocharged....I agree you probably wont find much for 7k or under, at least nothing you wont have to put a few more thousand into. Besides that....big deal....you dont have to talk junk to everyone here, its pointless. Big deal who you know....I play with a lot of NBA players in the summer too in Chicago at the high schools....hell Ive been in Darrius Mile's Escalade. Ive been in Eddy Currys too....even though he totaled it 2 weeks ago. Its not a big deal though.

Krypto....theres no use responding to stupid posts like that. Im sure you know that, but its hard to hold back. At same time, who cares how big you are or what you can bench. Its about do you know how to fight. I know people who are 1/4 of your size who would have you knocked out before you knew what hit you. Your bodybuilding wouldnt do nothing for you there would it?

SC400...you know not to respond to crap like that either, hes just provoking you guys. I know its hard sometimes though. Anyways....he said Asians have a small ****....theres nothing racist about that....come on. I think thats a little ridiculous and you know it. Now if he would have called you a Japanese slur starting with a C.....or a J.....then yeah thats different.
Who cares where people live?? Fremont is a nice area...but you did start that by putting down Wisconsin. I do know being about 40 minutes from there that its a nice place. Anyways....you did start that. Then you were sounding stuck up when you were like "not that you would know because you are not wealthy and because you do not know wealthy people," whats that?? Sounds stuck up to me. I live in Highland Park, IL.....richer than Fremont.
No.....we dont have a Jon Gruden or Tyrone Wheatley......we have some guy who plays for the Wizards and used to play for the Bulls. Big deal....he nods to me too when Im outside shooting hoops. Point here is you did sound a little stuck up.....yeah Im sure the houses are pretty nice in Fremont....but do YOU own any property...or does your PARENTS own it? I hate people who talk about that stuff when they dont own anything......having a nice car, big deal. Do you own property, or stock, or ? Maybe you do....I dont know...do you? I just would find it funny that you would be talking like that if you didnt actually have anything to do with where you live.
Im not trying to rip on anyone at all here....Im just pointing some stuff out. Lets all try to get along here and help each other. Im looking forward to joining your members club in the very near future if I decide thats what I want.
BTW sc....you said you design audio systems? Do you do autos too or just home? I might be interested in your opinions or work if you do autos.
Old 03-27-02, 10:56 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If this is your way of building rapport, you suck...

Hmmm, well normally I would welcome a newbie to the boards, but you're already burning all kinds of bridges here. I could write another two paragraphs at length trying to defend my positions and views against your misconceptions about me, but I'm TIRED of it all already. This is like high school all over again. Basically, if you want everyone here to "chill out", you shouldn't fan the flames like you are by adding your two cents on a thread that I've been hoping would just die for the past week. This turbocharged guy is a very isolated incident. I can't remember the last time we've had a character like him in here. So don't base judgement on us all because of it.

As to what you think about our forums, I don't really care. I don't even know who you are. For all I know, you could be turbocharged re-registering here to start all over. People here have absolutely no problem helping each other out. There is a camaraderie amongst us, we aren't all bmw-driv---I mean ******. Sometimes questions go unanswered when it's a recurring question where anyone would understandibly get weary of answering over and over again every week. Believe it or not, most questions you can possibly have about the SC have already been handled in the archieves. Just search for it.

Branding the forced-induction experts here as Civic tuning kids? Good luck getting help from these people when the time comes. They probably know a lot more than you do about cars. Anyway, if you want a future here, quit prejudging everyone before you even know them.

Last edited by lex400sc; 03-27-02 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-28-02, 01:33 AM
kschiu
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with you totally lex400sc. I had been posting and reading from this board for 6 months now. This board in general is very helpful.

I was a BMW owner too and is a regular in the BMW board and forum. I did notice the profile and style of the poster in the BMW board is very different. I did recognised that in general they are more technically knowlegeable about their cars and is more willing in helping others out with technical problems.

The lexus board is more interested discussing car modification and customization then discussing mechanical or electrical problems of their cars. May be due to the reliability of the Lexus.
Old 03-28-02, 02:19 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by kschiu

The lexus board is more interested discussing car modification and customization then discussing mechanical or electrical problems of their cars. May be due to the reliability of the Lexus.
Amen to that. I felt like I was becoming a BMW repair expert when I was deciding between an M3 and my SC400, and once I realized that I was doing that I bought the SC400 Aside from the little stuff, this car's really reliable. That's why I have time (and money left over) to look at a turbo kit. I am one of the serious modders, check my sig.
However, mr. BMW man here has a point, people really like to get into pointless arguments over dumb things at times on these boards, and it gets old after a while. I am learning valuable information on this board through the noise, but it's slow and I have to do a lot of it myself. I was thinking earlier about the direction CL is going in, and it looks like we're kind of discovering the potential of our cars. Eventually I'll finish a massive FAQ for the SC series and submit it to Mike Kilty. I originally wanted to do the whole model range but that was too much to do.

The 540i is a nice car... not particularly fast but it's very stylish and Germanic looking. Too bad the interior's got so much plastic, eh?
Old 03-28-02, 04:18 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Mr. Black and Chrome,
I guess it is true after all what they say about people whom drive BMW's. What is it - the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

Man, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'll keep it short. I didn't bother to read all of your post, nor all of the replies as they are rather wordy.

I find this site to be very good. I don't feel that there is too much bickering, flame or argument. What does it matter what anyone used to drive or drives now? This is dissemination of information and opinion. I feel it is done with a decent amount of class as compared to other sites.

Don't drag out what may be inappropriate by rehashing it. Welcome to the board.
Old 03-28-02, 07:35 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

BlackandChrome,

Lovely first post.

When you own 540i you have to be technically knowledgeable to be able to drive it rather than wait for a next week appointment at your "friendly" BMW dealership.

Also, I have read the BMW forums, and you are the excellent example of the quality people posting on them.

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day,

Last edited by ChrisK; 03-28-02 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-28-02, 07:53 AM
krypto
Driver

Wasn't going to even respond.....but hell, I'm not busy why not? Black and chrome, you really are fanning the flames of what was a dead post. Kinda stupid to tell people to stop flaming each other, and then you do exactly the same....

And as far as bodybuilding and "I know people half your size that could kick your ***"...Sure there are plenty of people that could kick my ***. Never said there wasn't. There's always someone bigger, stronger, more skilled.....Size has little to do with fighting. Although I can assure you I am much stronger than most people. And yes, in a fight that really does matter. But that wasn't at all my point. Again he called me a 'punk', without reason...I called him on it, asked for his address. Offered to treat him like a man.. Thats all. He insulted me, and I will not walk away. I would hope that most real men would do the same. Also, you don't know me or how many years I may have studied various forms of self defense, so please don't make stupid statments about who could do what to whom..

This is the last time I will respond to these morons...Is it just me or is it always newbies without Lexus's causing problems?
Old 03-28-02, 08:25 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

What F***ing thread are you talking about?? It sounds like i missed a good one.

Now, I do agree with alot of what B & Chrome said. I normally take a pretty good beating on some posts just because I express my opinion on things. (Without putting people down) There are alot of young guys who are more into mods, which is fine. There is also another genre that is more into discussion of topics. Then there is a third genre who are mostly interested in tech help. It seems as though there is a problem co-existing between the three groups.
I say let people express their opinions without chest bumping and all of that. I know plenty of "tough guys" who are now sporting toe tags because of their size. I'm 6'4" and over 200 lbs. and I AVOID confrontation because of it. I am much more likely to take a bullet or slash than a little guy.

Peace

Last edited by hoops_24; 03-28-02 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-28-02, 08:45 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I think that most of the bimmer owners know more about FIXING their car on the BMW boards because they have way more problems on the BMWs

Lexus cars are ready for high-horsepower modifications from the factory while BMWs are not and couldn't hold a candle to the 2jz or 1uz motors.

You can get help on a older SC400; they are just like the newer ones internally

plus if you don't get a car with THAT kind of excuse, it just shows how you ***** out because you can't handle it.

Keep your NEW 5 series. Like I care They look nice, drive nice... yup they drive real nice until they break and have to be towed to the nearest BMW dealership where you can pay out of your *** for whatever major part broke.
Old 03-28-02, 10:34 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

I was curious. What's the big deal about riding around in an Escalade? LOL I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things.
And if this guy needs help FIXING his NEW 540i then that means its already breaking LOL

And what does it have to do with playing basketball and a turbocharged Lex? LOL

Last edited by Bean; 03-28-02 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-28-02, 10:37 AM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Damn!!! This is partly what I mean. Some of you get all worked up over nothing....I was strictly giving my thoughts on the whole thing because IT IS something I have noticed...and as you can see others have too.
Then what.....I get ripped to shreds for nothing??? Did I call Lexus a POS? No. Did I brag about BMW? No. I said the posters were more knowledgable. Thats all....and people here agreed with that.
So if you are gonna rip me apart for THAT....whoah. Then Im gonna rip you guys right back, and it wont be hard.
Ill start right on down the line.....

SC400-Dude, you need to chill out especially. I wasnt burning no bridges with you...I even asked if you could do car setups. Then you get all attitude with me for no reason. I didnt call you no names....Anyways, yeah you arent gonna respond to my stuff because you have nothing to respond with. You bragged about your city and how rich it was....and mine is even richer, so you cant say nothing. You own NO PROPERTY....your PARENTS DO....again...so you arent gonna say anything there. You have nothing to say. Im not prejudging you...I simply asked....you brag about how big and nice your city is....but if your parents werent living there...WOULD YOU? I could say yeah my car is the greatest because I have a Lexus....yet if I had a 90 ES250....how could I talk????

Second....you all yalk **** about BMW's.....HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE ACTUALLY OWNED ONE? A NEW ONE....? HOW MANY OF YOU?

2000hp in a BMW? WHO THE **** CARES??? That is the stupidest argument in the world. Who the **** is gonna put 2000 hp into their car on this board? 500 even?? NO ONE!!!! God that is stupid. Is that all you have to brag about when it comes to Lexus? Thats not much then.

Its funny...you all talk like "dont talk about us if you dont know us," yet you all do it. 95% of you have never had a newer BMW....let alone a 540i...yet you know the service records, amazing! Wow. So I guess since you people are so easy to throw around that BMW owners are ****** and that stereotype....then I guess I can say you ricers can enjoy your souped up Toyotas. After all, that is BMW's thoughts on Lexus' and their owners. So OK.....have your 2000 hp car....after all...WHO SELLS MORE CARS? Enough said.

If it looked like I was trying to fan the flames, I apologize. I was not. I do realize that was probably stupid to post that now. If you are gonna rip me apart because of that though.....even though I didnt call anyone a name....nor did I put down Lexus or its owners....I simply said SOME were like that...then I have to put it down like this.
SC...you need a hug or something.
Old 03-28-02, 10:39 AM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Bean....heres the problem, once you mod your SC with all that stuff you listed....your car will STILL be slow and STILL be a Toyota.
LOL, did I mention BMW owners get more ***** than Lexus owners, ask your wives and girlfriends. LOL.
Old 03-28-02, 10:55 AM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

My brother's got an 01 M5 and I've got a GS3 and an RX3. His car is more expensive and faster than mine. Plus, it is a plusher and nicer car in my opinion.

We both bought our cars new and we both live in a nice cities.

Difference is, he doesn't come over to a Lex board and brag about his bimmer nor does he rag on Lex owners. Conversely, I don't go out to the BMW boards to rag on them either.

Can't we all just get along??? hahahahha

Ryan

PS: I've gotten more tail then he has and I've got a Lex ;p If you're gonna judge tail by the car you drive, there must be lots of virgin civic drivers our there
Old 03-28-02, 11:01 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default L....O....L... your soo funny

this just proves that bmw owners think they are hot ***** cause they ride around in thier leased auto. i think we all know who is the more intellegent of the two groups judging by B&C's last comment. i think that you should do more of your rediculous comedy and get the hell off the board. im sure wed all appreciate it.
Old 03-28-02, 11:29 AM
BlackandChrome
Driver School Candidate

Yeah great gS3. Why would I come over and brag about BMW's if I said in my post I was looking at buying an SC?? Your fellow posters started this, not me.
I simply said people on the BMW boards are more willing to help and know more about technical stuff than the owners on this SC board. Your own posters agreed on that fact, so why others then attacked BMW I dont know.
I guess you guys are dont have confidence in your cars versus BMW. I WANT to get an SC....Lexus ARE nice cars. Would I take a BMW over a Lexus? Anyday.
Do you honestly know why BMW people know so much about their cars mechanically? They want to see that flawless german engineering.
"Lexcoupe," please.....you are gonna judge all of us because of me? Well if you are the better behaved of the 2 groups....I guess BMW owners are the better spellers....isnt that "rediculous" lexcoupe LOL?
You know....I COULD post this on the BMW boards and they would crush you guys to death, but I wont, because this isnt my intentions.

Quick Reply: You all need to chill out.....