SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

prom 2002 pic

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-02, 10:38 AM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God, the E-Classes are every where around here I hate them. And at least the guy with the house knows hes lucky...

yes, this is my own place...it is incredible what my parents have done to it for me (3 hometheater setups! ) i am very appreciative of it and i know that i am spoiled and some of you are disgusted by it, but dont sit there and say you wouldnt take it if it was offered to you. but i am young, and im living it up...and hopefully one day, when i graduate college, ill be as successful as my father.
Old 03-28-02, 10:40 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by importtoys
Oh helllll noooooooo!!!!!!!
I dont have any kids at this time, but if I did there i no way in hell he/she would be driving a 130,000 car unless he payed for it.
It's not about money,what are they teaching their kids??

I think the worse part is when someone is cocky about sumthing that someone gave them
LOL yeah man, there's a 17 year old kid running around in a brand new M3. He was bragging about how fast the car is lol. We started setting him up with races with FAST cars lol.

He ran a BPU++ Supra, couple spraying fbodies, etc...
and even got his *** busted by my friend's WRX with an exhaust TWICE.

The kid went around bragging about how bad he was and then gets his *** handed to him time and time again.
The kid doesn't come out anymore lol. I was waiting for him
so I could bust his *** in the Lex with the turbo kit or the bottle
Old 03-28-02, 11:53 AM
shroffkr
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Last edited by shroffkr; 08-27-15 at 10:29 PM. Reason: ...................
Old 03-28-02, 12:01 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by shroffkr
ain't no thang...let these spoiled kids do their thing...

me, im gonna set up things the same way my parents did with me - making good grades and working hard = nice toys

ya ***** up, they take it away. simple as that.
Thats how it should be....
Old 03-28-02, 02:31 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default That REALLY is spoiled by ANY standard

OKay..I was going to say spoiled thinking they were BORROWING their parents cars....

BUT saying that they OWN those cars in those pictures is WAY over the top.

EVEN if we had a lot of money, YOu don't just HAND wealth over to kids..w/out them knowing how to handle it.

MY CAR(s) were paid for and finance by ME. OUt of college, I never asked for my parents for a DIME, let along giving THEM money.

THat picture is spoiled regardless. The kid w/the V-12 CL600 is outlandish and so is the one w/the M3

Hey, I live in a complex w/international college kids who sports S500s, M3 convertibles, turbo porsches..and they go to state colleges. The only BENEFIT, is that I know that if people were going to steal a car from this complex..mine will be the LEAST attractive to take w/all those cars lying around.
Old 03-28-02, 04:16 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

thats ill son... i hate when people are so spoiled like that. a house at 19 furnished with three home theatres? Thats just nasty. Parents need to show their kids good morals, unlike the kid who owns the bmw 540 who thinks hes the ****
Old 03-28-02, 05:26 PM
XTC
Driver

I am SOOOO glad a thread like this came out...

I am only 21 and i get basically "hate" looks at least once a day. I mean i do drive an amazing lexus and have pretty much all the cool toys, but most people dont know that i have been working since i was 14, first job was for an a/c company installing units in attics in the fiberglass or under mobile home in the mud (fun stuff). I saved up every penny i had t buy a POS chevy blazer. I was a darn valet parker and then worked at my dad's auto repair shop doing brake jobs until finally i caught on and hit the web industry. I hate people who think i am some little **** with rich parents. It ticks me off when little craps get 130k cars from their parents and then act like they are better them anyone, i consider them the lowest forms of life who just feed of others. Like leeches.

When i have kids i will make them work very hard and bust their ***'s, but when they do something great i will reward them with some amazing stuff, but if they get lazy after that, it wont be there the next day.

Sorry for getting ticked off.

JAson
Old 03-28-02, 05:53 PM
Lvangundy

Ehh,, see here's the spoiled thing agian, ya I'm jealous..but anyway

What's up with all the people who say they won't even bother to really buy anything for their kids if they were rich? If I had money, I'd support my kid (id I had one), give him better things.

When you were at school, how many people made fun of you cus you had a chump *** old ride? Or cus you had old worn out clothes? That wasn't exactly me, but there's no way in hell I'd let my kid feel like he wasn't anything becuase of his ouside appearances. What your kids dress in, and drive later on, makes a big difference in how he feels about him/herself.
Old 03-28-02, 07:13 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with lvangundy*. Some of you are coming down a little harsh
on your future children. If I were filthy rich, I'd have no problem
buying my kid a nice new car. Not a $130,000 coupe mind you,
but something like a Mustang GT. You know, an
average highschooler car.

I definitely wouldn't let him or her touch luxo cars cause I think
that'd get to any kid's head. But a $2000 car??? That'd be suicidal
in the high school parking lot. My only problem is not only did that
19-year-old get handed a car that less than 1% of the population
can afford to own, but the folks went and bought him one of the
most expensive rims out there and an overpriced gfx kit too. God
knows what else. Probably an RENNTech supercharger under the
hood too.

*sorry bout that lvan

Last edited by lex400sc; 03-28-02 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-28-02, 08:34 PM
Lvangundy

that's an L by the way ;-)
Old 03-28-02, 09:30 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

That pic. remindes me of the other day. Me and a few of my friends met up just to go riding around town. One was 16 driving his '95 (i beleive) Legend 4dr, another was 16 driving her moms '00 audi a6 (nice car), and me in my lexus. Sure, I may be 18 and drive a Lexus, but I hardly believe I am spoiled. I drove a car that was literally falling apart for 2 years before I got a new one. The lex' was a hand-me-down so i didnt have to pay for it, but I have to pay for gas, insurance, repairs, etc. If someone says I'm spoiled i just smile at them tell them they are just jealous my car is better than theirs.
Old 03-29-02, 10:12 AM
mjames08
Pole Position

I will buy my kid a car, but he will have to build an engine to put in it
Old 03-29-02, 01:32 PM
silversc3
Rookie

lvangundy,

so you basically want your kid to determine his/her worth by the clothes they wear and the car they drive? yeah i got hella made fun of in high school cause i had a HOOPTY *** car, but it was my car and it was fun, **** what others think about it, i had no money to buy clothes in high school, but so what, your kid is gonna be the kid that's making fun of the less fortunate kids, what does that make them? snobby little punks

if you think buying your kids expensive things is going to make them feel secure, then go for it...

of course i would support my kids, put them through college, give them a home and my time, i just wouldn't be buying them a nice car... i drove around for years in a car that would stall at every other stop sign... embarrassing as hell, but it builds character

that's my opinion anyways, not trying to attack anybody's opinions

Last edited by silversc3; 03-29-02 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-29-02, 04:51 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

its hard to say what you would and wouldnt do because your not at that stage yet. When you are, bring it up and well discuss it
Old 03-29-02, 11:40 PM
Lvangundy

Silver SC3-

I agree with you on some things.
There are several other factors that determine your child's psychological well being, like things based on confidence and self esteem. I may be digging too deep here, but I'd guess from your post that you came from a 'nuclear' family and you were more sure of yourself then, because even though you drove a hoopty car, you didn't care what other thought of you.

That's fine, but I guess speaking from how I grew up, I didn't have much confidence or self worth at all, and combined with coming from a poor family I always felt less fortunate, and although I learned to associate with different people on different levels, I was still made fun of, because I didn't have the parent with the nice car, nor did I ever have nice clothes.

My point is that it's different when a child/adolescent has plenty of confidence and can simply brush off negative comments made by other people about what they drive or what they are wearing, than a child/adolescent who has no self confidence and is ashamed of what they have (or don't have.)

Just, I think that if you would of had a less fortunate upbringing, you might of had a different comment to make, about how appearances do make a difference in your child's self-esteem. Most importantly though as I agree, is how YOU raise them before material things come into play.

Quick Reply: prom 2002 pic