SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

lip options for 92-96

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09 | 09:31 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im gonna try my stock 2000 civic si lip. looks just like the type r but doesnt have the two bulges on the ends
Old 06-21-09 | 10:15 PM
lev00221
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

P.R.S.22.......the lip looks great! Great idea! I agree that modding is not about being a purist and sticking to OEM parts or established part suppliers. Your idea is original and really looks good!
Old 06-21-09 | 11:14 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imarshall
Im gonna try my stock 2000 civic si lip. looks just like the type r but doesnt have the two bulges on the ends
Originally Posted by lev00221
P.R.S.22.......the lip looks great! Great idea! I agree that modding is not about being a purist and sticking to OEM parts or established part suppliers. Your idea is original and really looks good!
Thanks guys.....I finished the lip today but sadly it might not be going on the car because there is a crack right where the bondo and the original lip meet and you can see it from a mile away so I think this project will be laid to rest sadly I gave it a good try though. I will post a picture of it tomorrow just as a reference for everyone else to see what it would look like painted on the car.
Old 06-22-09 | 07:44 AM
slowmedown
Rookie

Actually that civic lip wasnt that bad.

With enough interest we could possibly get a group buy going for a quality copy of the wise lip. Most copies ive seen are on ebay and are overpriced and the quality doesnt look that great. Shine auto project makes quality lips for MKIII supras and other cars. I believe they used to make the wise lip as well. Anybody heard of them?
Old 06-22-09 | 03:35 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slowmedown
Actually that civic lip wasnt that bad.

With enough interest we could possibly get a group buy going for a quality copy of the wise lip. Most copies ive seen are on ebay and are overpriced and the quality doesnt look that great. Shine auto project makes quality lips for MKIII supras and other cars. I believe they used to make the wise lip as well. Anybody heard of them?
Yea the civic lip is not a bad idea. Just needs the right amount of work put into it and it could be something.

As far as getting a group buy for another copy lip I would be all for that. I have not heard of Shine auto project myself but maybe others have. If they can make a copy lip that is not too bad and at the right prive I would be in. I'm on my parents computer right now so I will post the final pics of the lip later tonight when I get a chance.
Old 06-22-09 | 08:39 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

I'd be down for that. I just cant understand why its so hard to come across a decent lip for our cars.. i mean, even ebay has just about nothing.
Old 06-22-09 | 08:39 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Allright so here are the pics of the lip painted and on the car. Now mind you its not bolted to the car so its not as tight to the car as it would have been if I had actually riveted to the car but I just could not go with it because of where the bondo and the polyurethane meet. Its just not as smooth as I would like it so I might fix later or if someone wants it pm me about it. On to the pics....

Not too bad I would say.

Here are the imperfections....

So now it has been done. To me it was a success in the fact that now we all know it could be done but you need to take your time and see if it suits your style.
Old 06-22-09 | 10:39 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

P.R.S.22, the lip design isnt really my taste for the sc body, but I have got to give you some major credit..its looks good and I think you did a great job on getting it to fit.
Old 06-22-09 | 11:46 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbodremz
P.R.S.22, the lip design isnt really my taste for the sc body, but I have got to give you some major credit..its looks good and I think you did a great job on getting it to fit.
Thank you for the constructive comment This is what CL is all about.....I did this to help out the community and see what it would look like. After seeing it fully complete I would agree with you in that the design of the lip is not that flattering for the front end, but that does not mean I can't find one that may look just like the SC4 lip but from another car. I will continue searching to see what I can find but I gave it my best shot with this one.

Who knows....there may be another lip out there from another car that may
do the trick. I hope this will inspire others here on the forum to think outside the box and expand their ideas. You never know when it just might work out and be a huge success for everyone else to see and put on their ride.
Old 07-04-09 | 12:16 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by One_jZ_SC3
"...I say just go OEM with the SC4 lip..Nothing cleaner when painted to match the car color..."
+1

Especially when coupled with '97-'00 OEM sideskirts and an OEM '92-'96 spoiler.

Old 07-04-09 | 02:23 AM
D3AN
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The lines on that civic lip clash too much with body line on our cars, cmon now the lip belongs on a civic, just cause it fits doesnt make it look good...better left stock...and for the 92-96, a painted stock lip like above looks way classy, esp with those 97 sides
Old 07-04-09 | 09:18 AM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

That honda lip looks cool to me, I would rather rock that than some whack holmes depot lip..... Here is another option which I got rid of....
Old 08-31-09 | 12:55 AM
lunchbox89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by camberSC
That honda lip looks cool to me, I would rather rock that than some whack holmes depot lip..... Here is another option which I got rid of....
damn! i just jizzed myself....twice! what lip is that?
Old 08-31-09 | 04:13 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Here you go.....civic type r lip. Mind you its not painted yet. Should be done in a few weeks. Oh and yes it will fit a 92-96 SC as well.

not bad...

i have a type r usa copy that looks like that but the corners doesn't stick out as much...should fit also..anybody want it? $80. heh
Old 08-31-09 | 06:24 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

im sorry but the type R lip does not flow with the body of the SCX00 nor the bumper. IMO the OEM is the only way to go.

Quick Reply: lip options for 92-96