SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

radiator upgrade please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 05:52 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy radiator upgrade please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello community i have a 92 sc300 and i want to upgrade my plastic radiator to an all aluminum radiator , the problem i am having is i can't find one thats oem replacement. I want to buy an all aluminum one but i don't want to do any modifications , i just want to drop and go if this is possible. The radiators that i am finding are for a supra tt, i saw like 2 pics here on this forum of members with sc300 running supra tt radiators and looked good. I guess my question is can i run a supra tt radiator in my 93 sc 300, my other questions is that i am running electric fans from flexlite with a control box and temperature probe . My stock radiator has these brackets at the top and bottom with these washers that bolts screw in to hold my fans in place . If i get a tt radiator how am i going to hook up my fans so they can stay on the radiator since i think the after market one does not come with these brackets on them . Also if i get a tt radiator will it be alighned with the 2 holes at the bottom that have the 2 rubber boots . i have seen people do this swap and run into problems with mounting them and so forth. please help provide link or website to where i can get a radiator for my car as it has been sitting for a while thank you .
Old 06-17-09, 06:11 AM
v-empire
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are using electric fans you dont have to worry about the shrouds then i suppose.
the bottom rubber boots matches up.

the top two just need some adjusting to be perfect, but its not hard at all and they are close enough. you can get proper tabs if you want them to sit perfectly, maybe some supra tabs i'd assume.

i m a big fan of clutch fans and radiator shrouds, cools the best.

heres mine when i put it in, and before i tidied it up.