SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Thinking of Selling My Whip ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-09, 08:45 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling My Whip ???

so i got a 92 sc3 (duh) and its pretty clean really only thing it need to be perfect is some new door panels,cluster,lca,some oils seals and a rear hub bearing and it will be in new condition. Paint is almost perfect and its never been crashed BUT my plans are T67 turbo 6-speed conversion (my car is auto) black interior 97 body style startfire pearl paint etc etc. thats alot of things to do to a car thats pretty clean. Also since its summer i am picking up a new jet ski so i am looking into buying a pickup daily driver to pull my ski. So my question to you guys is should I keep my car and do the work and be super tight on cash for like a year or so OR should I sell my sc buy a project shell for like 1k that is already manual and start a whole new project from scratch and have the extra cash for the new daily and just work on the SC as I go ? I have more things to say on this but i want to get some opinions/comments first thanks
Old 06-17-09, 08:56 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jetski's get boring...FAST.
pickup trucks get boring even FASTER......
my .02
Old 06-17-09, 09:03 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

nah skis for me dont get borning always been around them plus i live in Miami its always summer here LoL. Plus i dont want to leave the SC just thinking if I should move forward with my build on this SC or buy another one and start from sratch the difference would be that by selling my current sc would alow me to buy some other things that i am interested in at the moment
Old 06-17-09, 09:23 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No i would not sell it.
If you buy a project for 1k u will spend a stupid amount of money trying to bring it back to life.
I will keep SC,save some money and move into your project.
that what i would do.
Old 06-17-09, 09:37 AM
imarshall
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldn't sell either.. for the simple reason that your only trying to sell to gain the extra cash. the extra cash you gain will only bring you back to where your CURRENT sc is if you purchase a project car. they require alot of things =/
Old 06-17-09, 10:51 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

right granted my sc in in great condition but as it sits i still want to redo my interior to all black i want to upgrade the outside to 97+ and repaint it as well plus looking to redo the internals on my block and throw on a turbo and conver from auto to manual. SO i mean it might as well be a junker in someones back yard i dunno
Old 06-17-09, 10:59 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No man if you find a junker after the performance swap ,you may need a lot of body work before the paint,suspension, paint all lot of stuff and with your SC you will be able to atleast to drive it while you are getting the work done to it.
Old 06-17-09, 11:05 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickGS300
No man if you find a junker after the performance swap ,you may need a lot of body work before the paint,suspension, paint all lot of stuff and with your SC you will be able to atleast to drive it while you are getting the work done to it.
not really looking to drive it as a daily right now. I really want a little pick up truck to save on gas and use it as a prts runner truck and to pull my ski on the weekends. I love my sc so much that it kinda hurts me to drive it the way i do everyday looking to pamper it a bit plus when i get into the performance build there wont be an engine in it to drive LoL theres in SC near me house with a bad tranny and fugly *** paint job but clean body. I know a painter and a full color change would only run me 2200 with the lexus oem startfire pearl paint i want. what a mission LoL
Old 06-17-09, 03:13 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
so i got a 92 sc3 (duh) and its pretty clean really only thing it need to be perfect is some new door panels,cluster,lca,some oils seals and a rear hub bearing and it will be in new condition. Paint is almost perfect and its never been crashed BUT my plans are T67 turbo 6-speed conversion (my car is auto) black interior 97 body style startfire pearl paint etc etc. thats alot of things to do to a car thats pretty clean. Also since its summer i am picking up a new jet ski so i am looking into buying a pickup daily driver to pull my ski. So my question to you guys is should I keep my car and do the work and be super tight on cash for like a year or so OR should I sell my sc buy a project shell for like 1k that is already manual and start a whole new project from scratch and have the extra cash for the new daily and just work on the SC as I go ? I have more things to say on this but i want to get some opinions/comments first thanks
Sound like you would be chasing you tail or going around in circles if your going to sell your SCxxx to buy a shell with a W58. After you install a t67 it might be your achilles heel (power wise). You might still have to step up to a R154 OR 6-Speed Transmission depending on your Driving or Power Output The hassel of dealing with Low Baller to sell your 92 SCxxx. Would be one of my main reason not to Sell
Old 06-17-09, 04:08 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend saving money for a year and then dropping it all at once on all the modifications you dream of.
Old 06-17-09, 04:17 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd advise against selling it and going with a shell.

Towhook on the back of the SC?
Old 06-17-09, 04:44 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

So you want us to talk you into keeping the SC???

Obviously you have made up your mind so go ahead and sell it and buy a jetski etc.... although i think when you go to sell you may get your feelings hurt because i dont know if you could sell it for enough to even get a nice jetski and trailer.....so i would just keep it for now if i were you.....
Old 06-17-09, 08:55 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TURBO819
Sound like you would be chasing you tail or going around in circles if your going to sell your SCxxx to buy a shell with a W58. After you install a t67 it might be your achilles heel (power wise). You might still have to step up to a R154 OR 6-Speed Transmission depending on your Driving or Power Output The hassel of dealing with Low Baller to sell your 92 SCxxx. Would be one of my main reason not to Sell
your right on that and ultimately I want a 6-speed but I just figure its alot easier to go to 6-speed when your already manual insted of auto which is what I have now but the dealing with low ballers is a mission......

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I'd recommend saving money for a year and then dropping it all at once on all the modifications you dream of.
prob the better option

Originally Posted by BLK13X
I'd advise against selling it and going with a shell.

Towhook on the back of the SC?
Dont really want to use my SC as a tow rig for my ski i am affraid of salt damage after awhile plus i reall want a 4banger yota pick up to bang around in all day

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
So you want us to talk you into keeping the SC???

Obviously you have made up your mind so go ahead and sell it and buy a jetski etc.... although i think when you go to sell you may get your feelings hurt because i dont know if you could sell it for enough to even get a nice jetski and trailer.....so i would just keep it for now if i were you.....
the jet sji is not the issue its coming regardless i got some good deals on Kawasaki Ultra 150 and a Seadoo RXP with trailer just gotta pick which one i want and for much less than my car is worth. Its more about the extra cash for another beater car and I want to make the SC a weekend driver not to give up owning an SC in general
Old 06-17-09, 10:39 PM
Ryeno
Banned

if you have to think about selling a car for only 1-3k of extra cash then you have bigger issues then jet skis and turbos. FIND A JOB!
Old 06-17-09, 10:49 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing that would replace my SC would be a W220 Mercedes S600.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My Whip ???