SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Ok, seriously...F-MAX

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-02 | 10:19 AM
MatT3T4
Driver

Question Ok, seriously...F-MAX

Does anyone here HAVE an F-MAX SC300 kit? I know all about F-MAX...but I want to see and hear first hand experience.

The bad points that I dislike about the F-MAX is the 2 additional injectors, rather than a complete stock injector upgrade; and the manifold. But honestly, besides that...what else?

I have been looking at all sorts of kits, and I am not looking to make too, too, too much incredible power...so the F-MAX is kinda right up my alley. I can live with changing the manifold, and I would probably do different fuel setup...But who has first hand experience with it?

Thanks
Old 03-30-02 | 10:26 AM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=41907

that's a link to a thread w/ a guy who has the F-max manifold -- he even has some pictures up there too... You can PM him if you'd like, i guess.
Old 03-30-02 | 11:55 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Yeah, that's Cory, he said he had the FMAX manifold for awhile, no problems at all. I say go for it, how can you turn down a kit with an FMIC, head gasket, oil cooler, and trans cooler for $4800. The slits for expansion/contraction are similar to Toyomoto's manifold, the runners are short though, may not be abundant in low-end torque, but with the head gasket installed and the FMIC, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to run 17++lbs with a decent fuel system, I honestly don't think you'd have a problem going well well past 400hp with that kit, especially if you're willing to do injectors and a fuel computer. Yes, i've heard stories of the Supra with the FMAX manifold that caught fire at NOPi, but despite all the negative press on this forum, I have yet to find one guy to confirm the manifold is crap that's actually used it. Jeff/Scott/Steven probably know a guy that's had problems, they'll probably chime in on this, but I haven't seen positive proof that it's a crap manifold. Power production is another story, however, the Toyomoto log-style manifold produces gobs of low-end torque, just ask one of the above guys to show you a nasty rolling burnout. I also like the PF stainless tubular equal-length manifold, plenty of low end torque and hi end flow, nice construction, and it's been to the low low 8's, 7's next season I guarantee, how much more of a testimonial do you need?
- Jon
Attached Thumbnails Ok, seriously...F-MAX-osofast240-perf-factory-turbo-kit-turbonetics-turbo-and-wastegate.jpg