SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

high performance car insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09, 07:29 AM
SupraPower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... Who really cares how much is in the car??? Is it that important to everyone? The only reason I even posted anything about how much is in the car was to help with insurance ideas. The entire driveline including trans. Were purchased new from the Toyota dealer. That was a lot of money! The wheels and turbo kit were another huge cost! Etc.. Let's stop talking about money and start talking about CARS! I love this Lexus! So smooth!! Happy Fathers Day!
Old 06-23-09, 06:25 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SupraPower

1995 SC300 originally a 5spd converted with a new all new 6spd parts from boostlogic.
I like the car just as it is and yes the car has $30,000 in it in paperwork alone. (not like it really matters) yes... Stock bottom end.
Wow... Who really cares how much is in the car??? Is it that important to everyone? The only reason I even posted anything about how much is in the car was to help with insurance ideas. The entire driveline including trans. Were purchased new from the Toyota dealer. That was a lot of money! The wheels and turbo kit were another huge cost! Etc.. Let's stop talking about money and start talking about CARS!
Hmm, I'm confused. Did Toyota recently take over Boostlogic? Did Kean lose his job? That sucks. If the 6-spd parts are from Boostlogic, how was it from the Toyota dealer?

You used Wusupra's thread from Supraforums, yet you removed the prices he had next to them. Which incidentally added up to "ttl $23,051.19 ". Where did your other $7000 go in the past week you owned the car?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=528238

Wusupra quoted $2,800 for the 6-spd tranny - that's a hell of a deal new from Toyota. List price is over $7000 It looks like he bought it used from Supraforums...

A little hint. If you want to be taken seriously on the forums, don't act like a typical ricer and lie about your mods or their cost.

You have a nice car, and I wish you the best with it...

Jonny

Edit - What a way to make my 9000th post
Old 06-23-09, 07:10 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
A little hint. If you want to be taken seriously on the forums, don't act like a typical ricer and lie about your mods or their cost.

You have a nice car, and I wish you the best with it...

Jonny

Edit - What a way to make my 9000th post
J for President!
Old 06-23-09, 07:11 AM
SupraPower
Driver School Candidate

There is a pile of paperwork from Boostlogic and more from Toyota. Etc... After looking over the one list that was made and tuning, new tires, stereo, and a few other recent spending we came up with a total around $30k. If you are looking at that list with the ttl total at $23k keep in mind the wheels were not included or the stereo. Why would I "lie" about the cost of the mods? I did not spend the money on the car! I was just looking for insurance for it!
Old 06-23-09, 07:13 AM
SupraPower
Driver School Candidate

J -

If what you said is right about the trans. I've been lied to....
Old 06-23-09, 07:50 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait...you have a Boostlogic head gasket installed, right? The 2.5mm one, lowers compression to about 8.5:1......and then you have a Supra TT block installed as well??? Something doesnt make sense here.
Old 06-23-09, 09:29 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
It's hard to believe that car has $30k in modifications on NA-T...unless you're including labor.

Have your car appraised, that will help with insurance.

This is the BEST option for you, if you want to get your mods insured. You may want to try someone who is familliar with Supra's and SC's. Most reputable insurance companies will tell you the same.
Old 06-23-09, 04:18 PM
spin all 4
Driver School Candidate

I agree. Get it looked at by an appraiser that deals with custom or modified cars all the time.

Insurance is a racket. They make you pay for it, then if some how you get in an accident they do every trick possible to screw you out of money your owed. There in business to make money, and it seems like they're very good at screwing the consumer no mater what (which is what happens when insurance is required by law and they no longer have to offer good customer service to entice customers to purchase their product).

Keeping good records is key. Photos, appraisal, copy's of all work done ect. I got hit by a dump truck in my SC with 5k worth of extras in it (full interior out sprayed in sound deading, HID's, system, modds, wheels, ect) and had the pile of **** that was working with me from the city (I was hit by dump truck owned by the city) try to tell me my car was only worth $3,000 all together. Needless to say I'm sure he **** when he opened up my manila envelope with a good 1/2 thick stack of receipts, ect. I can still remember him telling me he had never had any one in the past tell them they wanted there car repaired with OEM parts as opposed to junkyard or god knows where after market. I had to inform him that he should probably advise his truck drivers to not run into people in Lexus cars in the future then.
Old 06-23-09, 10:05 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

30k There's must be 20k in the glove box
Old 06-23-09, 10:39 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

i love it, best sc ive seen, i hope you rice boys realize that sc dont need any body kits or kandy paint jobs to look good,

car is killer and thats how i keep my cars, oem, clean and simple
Old 06-24-09, 07:51 AM
Durrr
Lead Lap

For the record, I have no tickets or accidents. So, with that out of the way, I had insured my car with Geico (MKIII Supra at the time with about 500 or so at the wheels). When I did all the work, I called them up and told them everything I had done with reciepts and stuff. They said SURE! 6 months later, I get a letter in the mail saying they would not cover my car anymore because it can be used for street racing...

I have a perfect driving record, a nuclear operator in the military and good credit. I told them all this, and they acted like the car would race itself lol. Never talking to Geico again.