SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What I did To My Headlights Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 09:19 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Wow, i was told they wouldnt line up right....
They don't without modding (as in shaving the lens lips)... I mean, not bashing or anything on the OP but... that doesn't looked lined up, does it:

...if the top flat part of the headlamp is sticking out that much, I wouldn't call that "best fitment"... plus headlamp fitment without a front bumper can be misleading
Old 06-23-09, 09:43 AM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should definitely swap the high beams for the 95 and up glass High beams or if you can get the ebay version of the high beam with the projector lens and just take the lenses off of that as well then you will be completely clean after that!
Old 06-23-09, 09:49 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Anthony85
You should definitely swap the high beams for the 95 and up glass High beams or if you can get the ebay version of the high beam with the projector lens and just take the lenses off of that as well then you will be completely clean after that!
The high beam ones fit perfect, I forgot who did it but for sure those work... if the Ebay ones fit "perfect" then I don't see why everyone would just go that route instead since the Ebay headlamp set runs around $260ish for highs/lows
Old 06-23-09, 09:49 AM
ep9716
Rookie

Originally Posted by raine
They don't without modding (as in shaving the lens lips)... I mean, not bashing or anything on the OP but... that doesn't looked lined up, does it:

...if the top flat part of the headlamp is sticking out that much, I wouldn't call that "best fitment"... plus headlamp fitment without a front bumper can be misleading
Like i said.
Fitment its not the best. When I do my retro fit i'll get the supermade lens. I did this for the time being.
Old 06-23-09, 09:53 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good for the time being or as long as you made need them i might go with the ebay ones as well but i think luxrymod sells their "supermade" type lense that i heard is really good... hows the seal does moister get in ?
Old 06-23-09, 09:56 AM
ep9716
Rookie

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
looks good for the time being or as long as you made need them i might go with the ebay ones as well but i think luxrymod sells their "supermade" type lense that i heard is really good... hows the seal does moister get in ?
Idk should be fine..i have done this to my 240 and my friends Tls...they never leak
Old 06-23-09, 09:58 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ep9716
Like i said.
Fitment its not the best. When I do my retro fit i'll get the supermade lens. I did this for the time being.
After you fixed your typo, now it makes sense LOL

It used to say "Fitment it's the best" and that's why I posted what I did afterward.
Old 06-23-09, 11:25 AM
ep9716
Rookie

LOL yeah
Old 06-23-09, 01:01 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good!!
Old 06-23-09, 01:01 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by raine
After you fixed your typo, now it makes sense LOL
It used to say "Fitment it's the best" and that's why I posted what I did afterward.
Originally Posted by ep9716
LOL yeah
Lolol Hey, so how much of a gap is there in millimeters? Those pics= crap quality...
"Maybe" you could find some sort of black rubber seal that will make up that difference/distance so it wont look like it's really protruding, you have a dark colored car so it might just work fine. [Like a 'beveled edge weather stripping' if that makes sense...] Doesn't look like you have any weather stripping on those lenses at all yet.. Oh, I think you have two different city lights (Your headlights were made different years) one is half chrome, the other is all clear*

I'm the person who did the clear high beams and SuperMade Lows btw:

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 06-23-09 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-23-09, 01:17 PM
ep9716
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Lolol Hey, so how much of a gap is there in millimeters? Those pics= crap quality...
"Maybe" you could find some sort of black rubber seal that will make up that difference/distance so it wont look like it's really protruding, you have a dark colored car so it might just work fine. [Like a 'beveled edge weather stripping' if that makes sense...] Doesn't look like you have any weather stripping on those lenses at all yet.. Oh, I think you have two different city lights (Your headlights were made different years) one is half chrome, the other is all clear*

Yeah One of the city light is diff...but i have another set that are the same year..i need to pull it off

how much for the clear high and low beam??
Pm me plz
Old 06-23-09, 02:14 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Yessir, that would be you =)

The high beams are from Ebay lights, and the regulars are Supermade right?
Old 06-23-09, 02:36 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Indeed!
So basically, find the deal for projector high beam lights on Ebay (Around $84) if you want some clear lenses, and then there's a CL group buy in the Vendors section for the SuperMade low beam lenses.

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 06-23-09 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-23-09, 02:43 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Indeed! So basically, find the deal for projector highs on Ebay (Around $84), and then there's a CL group buy in the Vendors section for the SuperMade lowbeams.
I'm thinking of projecting a new set with some different "internal" tricks
Old 06-23-09, 02:52 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

OPTIONRACING (On Ebay) has free shipping right now on the projector high beams, which saves about $15 bucks compared to all else. Looks like the BuyItNow price raised by $2 but atleast there's still free shipping. That'd be awesome if you threw some projectors that match your lowbeams, into the highbeams inner housing.

I know I've seen someone who did such a thing before... (Not sure if that is what you are thinking about doing, but would be cool nonetheless*)

Quick Reply: What I did To My Headlights Tonight