SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Some lamer hit me today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-02, 09:50 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Some lamer hit my SC today!!!!

Someone hit my SC400 today. It was on a two lane road that made a left turn. The other guy(on the left lane) did not make it and bounced of my rear left quarter panel. To top it off he did not stop!!!:eek:

I followed him for a few blocks and tried to ask him to pull over. He wouldn't so I called the police. Got his license plate number and I can make a visual ID on that hit and run booger.

Ack!!! It looks bad to have a once glassy black finish look like so much punched in sheet metal and cracked paint. Almost makes my Lex feel ghetto. I have to repaint it quick since it bugs the heck out of me. Good thing there was no frame damage. I would post picks but it would disgust me to look at them again.

Last edited by Hermosa; 04-01-02 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-02-02, 07:59 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about you incident. It always makes me mad when stupid people do stupid things and then think they can get away with it, as it never happens.

It's a good thing that you got a visual on the guy and got his license plate. Hit and run is a serious offense, especially if he did once before. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.
Old 04-02-02, 09:18 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Sue the lowlife for damages. Sorry to hear that.
Old 04-02-02, 10:49 AM
cupete
Pole Position

That sucks man!

It's good that you are OK, at least I am guessing it. Also, It's also good to get all the information and report it to Police, but I hope you have that uninsured motor coverage, the driver likely ran because 1) he was afraid 2) he didn't know he got into an accident (a lot of old folks can't tell if they got into an accident) 3) he does not have an insurance.

Anyways, good luck and I feel your pain man.
Old 04-02-02, 11:40 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

I pity the fool who tries to outrun the sc4. maybe a civic but not the lex.
Old 04-02-02, 11:51 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

That's horrible! I would have been so outraged I don't know I would have done!! That's the second hit and run on an SC400 here this week! No one Respex the Lex
Old 04-02-02, 03:55 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

that sucks major *****... sue the bastard for all hes worth... how old was the guy? what was he driving?
Old 04-02-02, 08:17 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that, you shoulda followed him and beat the **** outa his punkass.

Jason
Old 04-03-02, 10:24 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

stupid punk *** b*tch!!!! that's one of the reasons why i always ride on a full tank of gas. let me know how it turns out.

i was involved in a hit and run in my friend's integra, and when we caught up to him at his house, we almost beat the crap out of him!! his excuse was " i didn't know i hit you!"
Old 04-03-02, 06:49 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Some lamer hit my SC today!!!!

Originally posted by Hermosa
Someone hit my SC400 today. It was on a two lane road that made a left turn. The other guy(on the left lane) did not make it and bounced of my rear left quarter panel. To top it off he did not stop!!!:eek:

I followed him for a few blocks and tried to ask him to pull over. He wouldn't so I called the police. Got his license plate number and I can make a visual ID on that hit and run booger.

Ack!!! It looks bad to have a once glassy black finish look like so much punched in sheet metal and cracked paint. Almost makes my Lex feel ghetto. I have to repaint it quick since it bugs the heck out of me. Good thing there was no frame damage. I would post picks but it would disgust me to look at them again.
What car did he drive? How old did he look like? You should have called the police right there on the spot at where he stopped. What if the car was stolen? I mean, I would take care of this right away. I wouldn't fight anyone, looks bad in court and he can sue you for that back. Let us know what's the out-come of this. I wonder. Never happened to me, but if it did, heads would roll.
Old 04-03-02, 06:51 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by ChrisK
Sorry to hear about you incident. It always makes me mad when stupid people do stupid things and then think they can get away with it, as it never happens.

It's a good thing that you got a visual on the guy and got his license plate. Hit and run is a serious offense, especially if he did once before. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.
Hey, is your car white by any chance? I have seen few SC400s out in Schaumburg/Barrington area.
Old 04-05-02, 05:11 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the replies guys. I just had to vent after the accident. Well the damage adds up to around $4500.00. Worst part is that when I went to the DMV to report the accident someone dinged and scratched my car hard on the other side straight down to the primer. Not my month. :eek:

Good thing is after all my modifications are finished I will repaint and reupholster the car.
Old 04-05-02, 10:24 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Default ouch

I feel your pain. I've gotten in two wrecks since January. Both were with brownish toyota camry's (guess they were jealous that they couldn't be in a lex, and had to settle for a toyota. lol) I got in one on January 1st, which she hit the front left side of my car (her fault). So in order to save $ , a friend who works at a bodyshop and I were going to do the work. So I waited and waited for him to order my parts, but I couldn't get in touch with him, and you would think with the b*stard living across the street, I would be able to get in touch with him. Thank God that the car was still drivable. Anyways, about two weeks ago, I got in ANOTHER wreck.(her fault) The lady hit me in the SAME EXACT spot as in the previous wreck. (good thing i didn't get it fixed the first time, huh?) But this time she bent in my fender to where it touches my wheel when I turn, so I've been without a car for the past two weeks. I got about $1800 the first time, and about $2600 the second time (think I got screwed the first time.) Good thing is I get to pay off my tuition with the extra money and TRY to do a 97+ bumper on my '92, if it's not too hard. I'm ordering the parts tomorrow. I've been wanting to the HID thing for awhile, but I think i'll wait 'til lex400sc gets it all figured out for us.
Old 04-06-02, 12:12 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: ouch

Hey lexlikenother, sorry to hear about the wrecks but ever consider that those two Camrys hit you because they were driven by WOMEN. Don't bash the Camry man, my previous car was a 2000 Sage Metallic Camry (well I didn't pay for it, but it was a spare car that I drove all the time). It was smooth and quiet, and that's all I asked of it. Anywho, 99% chance they hit you because they were chics, 1% chance because of jealousy. Now if an Acura CL hit you, those numbers would change
Attached Thumbnails Some lamer hit me today!!!!-womandriver.jpg  
Old 04-06-02, 12:31 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

LOL, yeah lex400sc, I wanted to say it was b/c they were women, but didn't want to get jumped on by any of the women clublexus members (if there are any). love the pic

Quick Reply: Some lamer hit me today!!!!