SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

pasinger door

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-02, 08:49 AM
xBlkGs430x
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pasinger door

for some reason i can't open the pasinger door from the outside and my window won't go down all the way it stops about half way, i don't know whats wrong, has anyone had this problem should i take it to the dealer or is there a simple answer thanx
Old 04-02-02, 10:04 AM
c_irie
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default DO NOT TRY TO ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN

I had the same problem on both of my doors do not try to roll the window down anymore or else you will bend the rods there is a small yellow plastic clip that connects the rod to the handle that breaks cost about 5 bucks ...but you will have to take your door panels off to access it ...the part is not listed in the sc catalogue so you will have to ask for a clip from the camry, es300 etc
Old 04-02-02, 10:44 AM
c_irie
Driver

this is the interior of the door G'luck
Attached Thumbnails pasinger door-89023501.gif  
Old 04-02-02, 01:11 PM
c_irie
Driver

:eek:
Attached Thumbnails pasinger door-dsc00606.jpg  
Old 04-03-02, 10:14 AM
Chairmnofthbord
Pole Position

Default Window problem here also

i got my SC400 on monday, i checked it out sunday, and picked it up monday. The windows and doors worked fine, but yesterday the window stop going all the way down, only half way, i sprayed window cleaner to help it slide and it helped, but it does the same thing again. oh and the INSIDE handel also stoped working.
is this related?
Old 04-08-02, 12:26 PM
1stLexus
Rookie

c_irie:

Do you have the part number handy. I tried calling the local dealer here in B'ham and I can't seem to communicate well enough to describe what I am looking for.
Old 04-08-02, 01:59 PM
abdul10000
Driver

Salam Ali,

This is a common problem as c_irie explained in his reply, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I would fix it as soon as possible, because the second door may brake too and you wont be able to get to your car. If you do not know how to work on cars or never did before I would say leave it to someone who know how to do it, because you may crack your door panel. Take care and Salam.
Old 04-08-02, 05:50 PM
c_irie
Driver

it's pretty difficult not to worry about when you can not roll your window down not to mention open the door from the outside like a regular human being :eek: the part number is the same as pictured in the attached photo and just as long as you haven't bent the rods the replacement of the clip just requires a little twisting to get inside but it is do-able
Old 04-08-02, 06:47 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, our cars are pretty easy to break into if you ever lock yourself out. You can slim jim it with a U-shaped pole with a loop at the end. You can install a bar across the bottom of your window to prevent OTHER people from slim jimming your car though.
Old 04-08-02, 07:07 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Yeah, but the only thing that sucks is when the alarm goes off, the trunk wont open... I locked my keys in the trunk, locked the doors, alarm sounded... Broke in the car, closed the doors, the doors locked automaticly, when i opened the lock, they locked again and alarm sounded... the trunk was impossible to get into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (using the trunk release)
Old 04-08-02, 07:10 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did your keys get in the trunk?
Old 04-08-02, 07:52 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

was showing someone my system, and had to open a little compartment that is locked with a key... opened it with the key, then shut my trunk to show them what my system sounded like with the trunk closes... closed the trunk thinking in had my keys in my ignition!!! Woops! door were locked when i closed the trunk.
Old 03-18-08, 02:25 PM
anhion
Rookie

Default exterior door

okay so my clip is fine its the metal rod that the clip goes on that is broken any suggestions?
lexsus told me i had to buy the whole assembly being #5 on the diagram at the top.
any suggestions? can i just sodder the part back together? how the heck do i get in there?
Attached Thumbnails pasinger door-p3180012-small-.jpg  
Old 03-18-08, 05:32 PM
TheCoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by anhion
okay so my clip is fine its the metal rod that the clip goes on that is broken any suggestions?
lexsus told me i had to buy the whole assembly being #5 on the diagram at the top.
any suggestions? can i just sodder the part back together? how the heck do i get in there?
If I'm not mistaken thats actually what comes out of the door look actuator... I broke mine and I had no choice to buy the assembly(whole part). I'll check the catalouge and i'll get back to you tomm.
Old 03-19-08, 02:46 PM
19ES250
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Toog4me
Yeah, but the only thing that sucks is when the alarm goes off, the trunk wont open... I locked my keys in the trunk, locked the doors, alarm sounded... Broke in the car, closed the doors, the doors locked automaticly, when i opened the lock, they locked again and alarm sounded... the trunk was impossible to get into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (using the trunk release)
You can get into your trunk from your factory subwoofer, as long as you don't have a big system clogging all the trunk space.

Quick Reply: pasinger door