SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

do you really like youre sc???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 05:36 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

What a silly thread.

I love my Soarers. I've owned one since 2001 and five cars since then. I have 2 at the moment (97 VVTi JZZ30, 91 UZZ31). I was looking to sell one so I could buy something a bit bigger but I know I'd truly kick myself for selling them off, so they both stay. Timeless styling... looks classy and very quick.

The Soarers as opposed to the SC is way more packed feature-wise. Yes the technology may be old hat FOR TOYOTA... only recently have companies (in Australia anyway) been coming up with things like auto headlights, air suspension, integrated multi-function monitor etc. Hell, companies don't even implement active suspension while the first UZZ32s being over 18 years old had all this and more.

They are super reliable cars, and when maintained right will look after their drivers for a very long time. People complain about the price of parts for these vehicles. You drive a Lexus for God's sake, what do people expect? If you can't afford the parts flog it off and buy something cheaper to run.

If you don't "really" like your SC then sell it off.
Old 07-10-09, 05:55 PM
RANDY P
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SC's are well built, reliable, cool as hell looking cars and has all the traits I'm into.

2 doors

V8

RWD (mine has LSD)

and you don't see them everywhere, at least like here.

From a financial viewpoint, where else will you find something of this quality for this kind of money? The older ones are fully depreciated- I paid $7K for mine with 52K miles on it.

I can mod it to hell without guilt since it's paid for and you don't see 'em every day like this. They are somewhat unique.

Did I mention the absolutely killer build quality?

rjp
Old 07-10-09, 07:57 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't give up my SC for anything other than a G37 or a G35 and those costs wayyy more than my SC
Old 07-11-09, 02:43 AM
markesc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
Parking antennas are dealer-install or aftermarket items, not a factory option

A02B, R154. How about those features? Don't know about you but I would sure make use of a 5-speed and limited slip rear end that was never offered on the Lexus, not to mention the 1JZ and TEMS. An optioned up 2.5GT-TL has every option plus more than the SCX00's, with the exception of cloth seats. A Soarer 4.0GT-L could be equipped with reversing camera, a passive air suspension, an active hydraulic suspension, touchscreen navigation, and self-washing power folding mirrors.

In any case, the Soarers were a few steps ahead of the SC's.

Then sell it. You clearly don't appreciate the design end engineering that went into this car if you're calling the headlamps 'bug-eyes.' Furthermore, I don't think you understand how advanced and luxurious these cars were for their time. Remember, when these debuted in June 1991, everything else still looked a lot like a box on
wheels.
Well put.... this is what makes the car "different." it's not another "me too" vehicle on the road today. I have a WRX that I keep very clean, very slightly lowered, stock wheels, and even if it were highly modded with visual cosmetic like stuff done, NOBODY would care.

After owning both for some time now, I simply appreciate both for different reasons. The Lex by far gets a ton more looks/respect than the WRX. Wrx = Punk kid car. Even if I drive it slow/tastefully, I'm still a punk 31 year old kid.

Great part about the "old" lexus is that it'll preserve my hearing.... WRX = road noise, and tons of it....that seems to be the case unless you have $50-$80k to drop on a newer car...

Last edited by markesc; 07-11-09 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Added stuff
Old 07-12-09, 05:02 AM
SHOW DOWN
Driver School Candidate

I like my sc400 so much i ride around in it daily with no radio (due to a bad install that drains my battery) and fuel system relay that works when it wants to. So when it won’t start i have to pop the hood and place a jumper across the relay to get it started. I loose playa points everytime it happens at the mall, but whatever!!! I love my sc!!!
Old 07-14-09, 06:24 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
@ aka paco would you go to a job interview wearing a t-shirt and shorts? No you would wear a nice suit. And the reason you wear the suit is because its the socially acceptable/appropriate thing to wear. So its not that the suit makes the man but that the suit doesnt destory the man. Same concept applies here. Its not that the lexus makes you better but that a toyota brings shame upon you.
the soarers had more features then SC300's had so what's your point? Dressing appropriate for a job interview and worrying about what someone thinks of you driving down the street in a toyota are too different things..

maybe your just not secure enough, and it boosts your ego because you own a lexus?

I'm not trying to debate about it i'm just saying, i don't think less of someone that drives of a toyota, if you do that's cool i guess.

I can understand if it was a crappy car brand but Toyota's are great cars! now if it was Yugo, or a Daewoo It might get to me a little lol..
Old 07-14-09, 08:35 AM
Schultino
Driver

Default I luv my sc400!

i love my sc without a bout, it suits me like no other, cant wiat to have the car done.... its also my second one
Old 07-14-09, 11:23 AM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jeembo
Your*

And yes.. I adore my SC. It has absolutely everything I could ever want in a car. Rare, fast (relatively), upgradeable, leather/moonroof/cd changer/heated seats, trunk space for 2+ golf bags, people mistake it for brand new, 2JZ, reliable, etc, etc, etc. The ONLY thing I don't like is having to put in premium. That's extremely minor though.

you said it all. im happy that i can get two golf bags in there. but one i dont like is that its hard to get the golf bag into the trunk without hitting the car but im careful
Old 07-14-09, 12:16 PM
Myblacksc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno
+2. I just dont understand why people ruin their sc's with those toyota and soarer badges; It a downgrade.

Honestly at this point i have spent more on my car then i paid for it and every penny was worth it. So ya i love my car.
Every part of your car is made by toyota...so I don't see why its a downgrade to slap on a toyota badge.
Old 07-14-09, 12:22 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Hell yeah I love my sc300. I have wanted one for two years now and i am glad I finally have one now... I get more looks in my sc than I did when in my jetta which by the way is not stock at all!
Old 07-14-09, 12:23 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

I say to each his own, I like my lexus badges, but my engine says toyota along with damn near everything else.

But the L symbol helps to make sure the german guys respect me when i pull up next or blow past them!
Old 07-14-09, 02:44 PM
drifter x
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Anthony85
Hell yeah I love my sc300. I have wanted one for two years now and i am glad I finally have one now... I get more looks in my sc than I did when in my jetta which by the way is not stock at all!
yea i remember when you got yours i love mines