SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 08:38 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cherplex
I understand that and I've been on Shine's forum, I find it ironic that no one ever mentioned imperfections before until the company making the knock off said something And then some people are running with that and bashing the original kit and even trying to insult people that own them telling them they paid too much and they are rich etc...That's good marketing by Shine if you ask me. Knock off the original improve on minor imperfections and turn potential customers against the original design.
Actually, I ran across one member's old post saying something like how the front was waavy but I don't thats just the nature of fiberglass products. To most of us, we probably wouldn't notice it.

Originally Posted by cherplex
And then some people are running with that and bashing the original kit and even trying to insult people that own them telling them they paid too much and they are rich etc.
I know. Its pretty sad when you have a thread with over 3000+ views, 100+ replies, and most of them are irrelevent arguments. Its funny because, in comparison, if you go on e90post or other bmw forums, nobody seem to argue about Vorsteiner or AC Schnitzer replicas. Everyone makes a positive contribution to the threads about fitment and finish quality. People over their are modding their 40-50k cars, spending 3-4k on wheels, and yet nobody makes a big deal. So, yea, can we just all get along here
Old 07-09-09, 08:47 PM
darkling
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool to fake it or not

it's really hard for some of us to come up with 3 grand fast yeah we know playin with the bigboys cost cash . but hell some designs are just the right ones like vertex. but also remember buying the fake // replica kits also support that company for them to make their own designs . I can tell you this ait is working on something now not for the sc but thier own design can't say more cause of a n.d.a but it proves that even buyin replica kits can support new product .
imo all that matters to me in the long run is price fitment and look i could give a d/// about a name
Old 07-09-09, 09:45 PM
drifter x
Pole Position

^ i agree i dont a f#@k who makes it as long as it fits have a knock of vertex ridge from race on usa and it looks damn good .....im not paying all that money to mess it up drifting so i got the knock off ha!
Old 07-09-09, 09:55 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

So has anyone got the AC knock off kit installed yet?
Old 07-09-09, 10:15 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KrazeMatik
and thats why we all not rich like you buddy...
man.. fail -_-

you dont have to be rich to have cool things... just money management.

i spent months saving money to buy my GS... im still wearing the same clothes from last 2 years too..

but then again its your money..

the only thing i dislike is.. AC spent countless amounts of money to create the AC kit.. and a company like shine or AIT comes by, buys there kit and creates a mold. i dont care if they create a mold and "perfect" the fitment.. its still stealing someones design.

i believe we can all agree that thats pretty effed up. however thats life.

eye be tee el.

proceed.
Old 07-09-09, 10:44 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

So how about the big win replica.Anybody make them?
Old 07-09-09, 10:50 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

If you have two companies, company A & company B. If company B can manufacture the same product as company A with better materials and cheaper. What sense does it make from a company just because it was first? All that matters is what is he best.

With that being said, all we can do now is wait to see the results of the AIT kit and try to intrigue someone into trying the shine auto kit
Old 07-10-09, 01:54 AM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twan0690
if you have two companies, company a & company b. If company b can manufacture the same product as company a with better materials and cheaper. What sense does it make from a company just because it was first? All that matters is what is he best.

With that being said, all we can do now is wait to see the results of the ait kit and try to intrigue someone into trying the shine auto kit
+1...........
Old 07-10-09, 08:15 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Twan0690
If you have two companies, company A & company B. If company B can manufacture the same product as company A with better materials and cheaper. What sense does it make from a company just because it was first? All that matters is what is he best.

With that being said, all we can do now is wait to see the results of the AIT kit and try to intrigue someone into trying the shine auto kit
not gunna argue about replica vs real but imma argue about company vs company...

If you were company A and you spend $100,000+ in designing and producing a body kit + countless days n outta no where you get Company B who decides to copy your kit in 1 day and produce it and sell it for a lower price..

how would you feel?

are you going to lower your price so that you can get more buyers?? knowing that doing so you will increase the amount of units you would have to sell before making profit?

at least put yourself in Company A before saying its justified for company B to do what they are doing.

if i had an SC.. ide just get a 97+.. cuz its better n its not FRP
Old 07-10-09, 08:54 AM
sc310hp
Rookie

What i dont understand is that if AC spent so much time and money on r&d why dont they take ait to court for copying their kit?? (not being a d*ck, actually wondering). The only thing that i could think of is that they did not have there design patented, which if they spent so much money on the r&d why would u not have it patented?? thats just crazy because they know that people make knock off kits all the time.
Old 07-10-09, 10:35 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Can't wait to see the bumper on the car....If you have been in another country you would know this is just the way it goes. I remember going to Dubai and seeing knock off everything...from sneakers to food..lol
Old 07-10-09, 10:37 AM
prodigy95
Driver

well company A should of put a patent on it, wouldn't that had saved them from anyone making a replica?
Old 07-10-09, 12:15 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

does anybody here own company A?....jes wondering cause some people seem to be REALLY offended abou the replica....
Old 07-10-09, 12:19 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rpx13
does anybody here own company A?....jes wondering cause some people seem to be REALLY offended abou the replica....
My company "A" and "B" was just general reference for comparison LOL
Old 07-10-09, 12:43 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by prodigy95
well company A should of put a patent on it, wouldn't that had saved them from anyone making a replica?
shoulda coulda woulda..

oh well.. someone buy the kit already.

Quick Reply: AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.