SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 12:58 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, i just spent about 30 min on their forum board, very impressive stuff.
Old 07-07-09, 01:42 PM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is gonna be interesting...sure people will start rocking this fake kit, it jes makes the people with the REAL kit that much more original. I don't think it's gonna hurt AC. Veilside has been goin thru this problem for years and it hasnt stopped them from coming out with new stuff. Like they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flatery...
Old 07-07-09, 04:22 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

So the saga continues

Another member was kind enough to pm me to notify me that RB Wheels has a Wald Executive kit for sale. I was pretty excited and took a huge gamble, knowing that it has terrible fitment, and that I will be expecting a call from my bodyshop while the car is in.

So we finalized the deal to $1,000 cash pickup and I was stoked on building a one of a kind Matador Red Wald SC and be different from the rest. The originality was worth the fitment issues I hope. I got my friend with a truck We drove all the way up to the City of Industry and the killer was that the rear bumper was modified for a single exhaust

So rather than let the mission go to waste, we drove to AIT and checked out their replica bumper and picked it up for $312

So now, I am a guinea pig and taking it for the team here....

Last edited by xknowonex; 07-07-09 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 04:41 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great. I cannot wait for details... Damn hole in my bumper!
Old 07-07-09, 04:53 PM
dis 4 duc

i got the vertex front bumper and side skirts... there no hole!!! fitment is a lil off but going to my body shop to get it painted and fitted ill take pix... Vertex RSP SC wooo!
Old 07-07-09, 05:01 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oo Good luck with the bumper Jerry. I hope this doesn't get too spread around.. knock off kits personally killed the look of the authentic Vertex for me. (I can say this because I had a knockoff myself). Very interested in seeing how Shine's kit comes out. It shows a lot of promise... I may even pick one up as the current 99 sides and rear aren't aggressive enough for me.
Old 07-07-09, 05:36 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SCboy
oo Good luck with the bumper Jerry. I hope this doesn't get too spread around.. knock off kits personally killed the look of the authentic Vertex for me. (I can say this because I had a knockoff myself). Very interested in seeing how Shine's kit comes out. It shows a lot of promise... I may even pick one up as the current 99 sides and rear aren't aggressive enough for me.
Yea, that's why I got really excited about the wald kit but I am still stoked about this current project despite most of the top scs have the ac kit. Besides the AIT kit is only for the front bumper. Shine's is suppose to be top noch as he corrected the flaws of the ac kit.
Old 07-07-09, 05:45 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Yea, that's why I got really excited about the wald kit but I am still stoked about this current project despite most of the top scs have the ac kit. Besides the AIT kit is only for the front bumper. Shine's is suppose to be top noch as he corrected the flaws of the ac kit.

What are you doing about the sides/rear? I was looking at their Vertex knockoffs, but not sure if it would work or not.
Old 07-07-09, 06:11 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Maybe the stock 97 sides would flow? or too high ? either way cant wait to see how it sits on the car.
Old 07-07-09, 06:11 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Keep us posted. I have AC front and sides and they had no flaws even the evolution rear lip was perfect fit. Anyway not trying to start a battle. Do you plan on getting rest of the kit?
Old 07-07-09, 06:14 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

I'm not a fan of the knockoff, but I was going to use 97-00 sideskirts w/my authentic AC front, I think the Vertex would probably hang too low. Here's pics of the AC front w/ stock 97-00 skirts:

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 07-07-09 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 06:29 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I'm not a fan of the knockoff, but I was going to use 97-00 sideskirts w/my authentic AC front, I think the Vertex would probably hang too low. Here's pics of the AC front w/ stock 97-00 skirts:

not bad.. it does seem to flow. can't tell what the rear lip is.
Old 07-07-09, 06:36 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

So the saga continues

Another member was kind enough to pm me to notify me that RB Wheels had a Wald Executive kit for sale. I was pretty excited and took a huge gamble, knowing that it has terrible fitment, and that I will be expecting a call from my bodyshop while the car is in.

So we finalized the deal to $1,000 cash pickup and I was stoked on building a one of a kind Matador Red Wald SC and be different from the rest. The originality was worth the fitment issues I hope. I got my friend with a truck We drove all the way up to the City of Industry and the killer was that the rear bumper was modified for a single exhaust

So rather than let the mission go to waste, we drove to AIT and checked out their replica bumper and picked it up for $312

So now, I am a guinea pig and taking it for the team here....

Any more pics of the replica bumper?
Old 07-07-09, 06:53 PM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

you and MrHappi are gonna be twins.
Old 07-07-09, 07:04 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

And the plot thickens..........

Quick Reply: AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.