SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 09:55 AM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tularisgp
you and MrHappi are gonna be twins.
Correction MrHappi , xknowonex , and I will be triplets .

Old 07-09-09, 10:43 AM
rpx13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkling
well i can tell you this just comming off the rx7 forums they use alot of shine products i have seen alot of them . they are ok . but looking at that silver sc they have pictured no way would i rock that rear section it doesn't match at all imo.
When i had the body kit put on my mr2 there was 20 hours alone just on fitment and finish to make it line up i know that all kits need some fitment work but hell i hope ait looks better then the shine .
FYI: that silver SC has the REAL AC kit on it...jes an FYI...
Old 07-09-09, 11:32 AM
92blacktt
Intermediate

I hope this works out. I am looking forward to the shine auto clone
Old 07-09-09, 12:02 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Wow this thread disgusts me. You should all be ashamed in calling yourselves car enthusiasts because rocking a knockoff is downright shameful. This isn't about me on a high horse or whatever adjective you want to throw my way. Modding your car is a HOBBY. If you don't have the money, you shouldn't be modding your car anyway. Save up for the real thing and don't fake the funk. We all laugh at the people rocking Vouis Fuitton and Folex, fake kits are no different. There's just no way around that.

Sorry Jerry, you should've kept your 97+ with Vertex lip. I was looking forward to that.
Old 07-09-09, 12:11 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

and thats why we all not rich like you buddy...
Old 07-09-09, 12:20 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

wow... emotional.
Old 07-09-09, 01:53 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd
Wow this thread disgusts me. You should all be ashamed in calling yourselves car enthusiasts because rocking a knockoff is downright shameful. This isn't about me on a high horse or whatever adjective you want to throw my way. Modding your car is a HOBBY. If you don't have the money, you shouldn't be modding your car anyway. Save up for the real thing and don't fake the funk. We all laugh at the people rocking Vouis Fuitton and Folex, fake kits are no different. There's just no way around that.

Sorry Jerry, you should've kept your 97+ with Vertex lip. I was looking forward to that.

you know, its funny. you dont see any other type of hobby bastardized like import cars. you certainly dont see people who are into watches, clothing, guns, rc cars, or anything else go for the cheap knockoff stuff.

by the way, isnt carson selling the autocouture kit for $1800 or something really cheap? saving $600 for a knockoff doesnt sound very appealing.
Old 07-09-09, 02:00 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd

The debate about rocking knockoffs is never ending, at the end of the day, Real recognizes Real. No matter how dope your kit looks and how well it fits, you're still rocking fakes on your car. You can't argue that this kit ain't a straight-up rip-off bodykit from someone's original design.

IMO, if AIT or Shine Auto have the ability and technology to make bodykits, then they should be able to come up with their own original designs.

If you're a shoe collector like me, and you see other people rocking fake Jordans or SB dunks, you can't help but cringe and lose respect for them as a shoe collector. It's the same with tuning your car, you lose a little respect for the person as a tuner when you see him installing knockoff parts on his car. Either way though, to each his own, people are gonna rock fakes and knockoffs no matter what.
Old 07-09-09, 02:14 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
you know, its funny. you dont see any other type of hobby bastardized like import cars. you certainly dont see people who are into watches, clothing, guns, rc cars, or anything else go for the cheap knockoff stuff.

by the way, isn't carson selling the AutoCouture kit for $1800 or something really cheap? saving $600 for a knockoff doesnt sound very appealing.
Very true, I love watches (I did have a Tag Heuer until I sold it recently), I love jeans (I have 4 pairs of Seven for All Mankind) and I love shoes as well (I had over thirty pairs at one time with some sick Dunk SBs and AirMax 90s), and I view them differently from car parts.

Aside from wheels and performance parts that cannot be replicated, aero parts to me are aero parts. If I can save some cash and the replica fits nearly as good or better (in Shine's case), I can care less. Aeroparts to me are not collectibles like the aforementioned and they are not engineering marvels. I am not going to lie and flaunt as if its the real thing and pretend to be a baller.

If that was the case, I would have not even made a posting in here and probably fool most of you guys with the finished project. All that matters if I end up liking what I see. If others like what they see, cool. If they don't, that's cool too.

Okay, back on topic guys...

Last edited by xknowonex; 07-09-09 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 02:25 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

I wonder if they could make a big win replica kit.That would be pretty cool.
Old 07-09-09, 02:25 PM
prodigy95
Driver

I say, Benxd, if you don't like people who are poor, and use the less expensive alternative, then don't say anything trying to knock us down, cause its not going to change anything and you only showing your hating on fellow enthusiast. Sorry that people dont have it good like you do and cant do the "hobby the right way according to you" but you know what, you didn't write the book on how to do things, and a person can do whatever they want with the hobby they enjoy participating in. We are going to do what we want the way we want, nobody is hurting you cause we choose to do things differently.
Old 07-09-09, 02:36 PM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KrazeMatik
I hope you're not implying that I'm rich because I saved my ****ing pennies for my kit. And everything else real that I own. Truthfully I hope the fake bumper fits like ****. And go create your own original design too AIT or ACS. I would never say that because you can't spend 2 grand on a body kit doesn't make you an enthusiast , but you do have the tendency to be original. Buying cheap well... It just makes you cheap. lol . And we all know what happens when you buy cheap. You always get your moneys worth.
Old 07-09-09, 02:47 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew this thread was a ticking time bomb. It's very clear that AC kit owners are very emotional about their kits especially when you take into account the rarity and cost of the kit. Nevermind all the knock-off haters.

If the fitment blows azz, well, the bashing of this knockoff kit is justified. This would follow the trend of ****ty fitment/quality that plagues almost all knock off kits that exist. When you see a car with a ****ty knock off, you know it. And you know they cut corners.

However, if the fitment is dead-on and quality is as good if not better (FRP > FIBER), well then where does this discussion go? WTF would anybody buy a FIBERglass kit over a FRP kit if the fitment and quality are as good if not better? It's simple economics here folks. Let's be honest.

Let this experiment/thread run its course. It's not fair to the person that is taking a financial risk to validate it.
Old 07-09-09, 02:49 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UTSC300
. Truthfully I hope the fake bumper fits like ****
Hey nowww,

I don't want to be an ugly duckling of the triplet here

Originally Posted by shern
I knew this thread was a ticking time bomb. It's very clear that AC kit owners are very emotional about their kits especially when you take into account the rarity and cost of the kit. Nevermind all the knock-off haters.

If the fitment blows azz, well, the bashing of this knockoff kit is justified. This would follow the trend of ****ty fitment/quality that plagues almost all knock off kits that exist. When you see a car with a ****ty knock off, you know it. And you know they cut corners.

However, if the fitment is dead-on and quality is as good if not better (FRP > FIBER), well then where does this discussion go? WTF would anybody buy a FIBERglass kit over a FRP kit if the fitment and quality are as good if not better? It's simple economics here folks. Let's be honest.

Let this experiment/thread run its course. It's not fair to the person that is taking a financial risk to validate it.
The ACS kit can be a bad gamble for me since it was an impulsive buy after my Wald kit deal failed to go through. I should have went with the full Shine Auto Project kit in retrospect.

The Shine Auto Kit will fit better than the AC kit since Ken corrected the fitment flaws.

Thank you,

I am sketchy - and confident with the Shine kit - to the point where I really want to bug my friend to go pick up the kit, take it back to AIT and bend over for the restocking fee and get the Shine front and be able to sleep at night. The stress and gamble is more than the $150 difference in price

But it is what it is. I have been scouring the web for AIT and most of the reviews on their replicas on RX-8 and Zilvia forums seems to be really good. Their warehouse is huge and they seem to be moving alot of product so they must be doing something right.

Originally Posted by KrazeMatik
I don't think being wealthy or not has anything to do with it. Its just a matter of economics, how Shern have said, and a matter of priorities. I have seen some nice M3s that cost 5-10x the value of our cars with knock off AC Shnitzer stuff. Some people can't justify paying 1000+ for a carbon fiber front lip very much like some on here that cannot justify paying 2000+ for a fiberglass kit.

Last edited by xknowonex; 07-09-09 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 03:01 PM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Hey nowww,

I don't want to be an ugly duckling of the triplet here.

HAHA hey now no one said you're gonna be the ugly one. You just have to drive behind us is all. lol

Quick Reply: AIT racing ACS body kit knock off of auto-couture.