SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What in your opinion is the best setup....????

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-09 | 09:39 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Question What in your opinion is the best setup....????

Today i ran into a pretty descent looking sc300 with a sick drop in miami and i ran him down and asked "what suspension setup is he sitting on" and he replied "cusco" and he add that "they are the top of the line...!!!"

But a while back my boy Anthony said that the meagan setup is the best out now. so i figured whats the best way to find out what setup is the best then getting actually feed back on your setup and how it performs.

*include the installation, and set backs...

THANKS.....
Old 07-06-09 | 10:45 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

There are tons of threads on this in the Suspension and Brakes section.
Old 07-06-09 | 11:43 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

megan is definitely not the best
Old 07-07-09 | 03:33 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

megan is probably one of the "best bang for your bucks" set up, but for sure its not the best

in the suspension section there's a vote on this topic
Old 09-09-09 | 09:54 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

i'll look into it
Old 09-09-09 | 10:08 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

There is no right answer. Some people Are content with spring and shop setups, while some guys swear b coil overs. Then there is the uber cool guys that run bags. Its just a matter of preference. How low do you want to go? What kind of ride can you live with? If you have aftermarket wheels you may need to do some minor body work. My suggestion is to search for the suspension set up thread. After I read it I decided to go with the Stance coilover setup after I get my car repainted. Happy Searching
Old 09-09-09 | 10:30 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

there is no "best" its all personal opinion. cost vs. benefit is a big factor to consider. Also what will you use them for???

I have D2 RS on my car and i love them compared to stock, i also like they are teflon coated so they wont rust like teins do, they are also 36 way adjustable and cost about the same or less than tein basics.
Ive also heard megans are nice these days, i just couldn't bring myself to put them on cause i just associate that name with cheap now just like APC lol My room mate had some HKS coilovers and they were really nice but they are also pretty expensive.
Old 09-10-09 | 08:36 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

thanks...
i guess i should look in to adjustable cause i looking for a 1.5 - 2.0 inch drop and when i look up springs the give a 1.0 inch drop... and plus i'm on 20' so i'm looking for that flush look.
Old 09-10-09 | 08:43 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

are you looking for performance, or hard parking street cred?

if you're actually going to do anything worthwhile, my friend designed whats known as the gixxer drew suspension for the MKIV that was originally meant for the sc300. You should look it up, a lot of actual engineering and testing were put into it.

otherwis, cut them springs!

Last edited by 2turbo1sup; 09-10-09 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-13-09 | 12:18 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
are you looking for performance, or hard parking street cred?

if you're actually going to do anything worthwhile, my friend designed whats known as the gixxer drew suspension for the MKIV that was originally meant for the sc300. You should look it up, a lot of actual engineering and testing were put into it.

otherwis, cut them springs!
that sounds like a deal i like good performance due to the fact that i have a lead foot.. but at the same time i want a sick drop and enjoy the cred...lol
so do you still think the gixxer is still in my best interest?
Old 09-13-09 | 02:10 AM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

the gixxer drew suspension is optimal at a non-slammed ride height, and anything lower will actually do more harm than good and this has been already tested by track racers as well as street driving. For lead foot driving on the freeway and city streets, check out the drag setup with stiffer spring rates.
Old 09-13-09 | 05:11 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

the gixxer drew suspension is optimal at a non-slammed ride height, and anything lower will actually do more harm than good and this has been already tested by track racers as well as street driving. For lead foot driving on the freeway and city streets, check out the drag setup with stiffer spring rates.
Ok... so a quick question how is those eibach springs treating you and how much of a drop did you get on them?
Old 09-13-09 | 05:36 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Do yourself a favor and keep far away from eibach springs. They start sagging the moment you put load on them and my driver side is lower than the other. Ive seen this happen to so many cars that its not even worth the trouble. I put them on my SC so we can test out how progressive springs behave on SCs and MKIVs and we all come to a conclusion that they are garbage for these cars.

The drop is very moderate
Old 09-13-09 | 08:18 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Do yourself a favor and keep far away from eibach springs. They start sagging the moment you put load on them and my driver side is lower than the other. Ive seen this happen to so many cars that its not even worth the trouble. I put them on my SC so we can test out how progressive springs behave on SCs and MKIVs and we all come to a conclusion that they are garbage for these cars.

The drop is very moderate
Same here.. Driver side is lower. Sucks. Get coils
Old 09-13-09 | 08:33 PM
Matador
Racer

Megans are really a bargain brand, even the 240 guys bag on them. Ive been on stance coils for the last 6-7 months and they have done me pretty right. Before that I had supra eibachs... will not be going back to springs/shocks.

Quick Reply: What in your opinion is the best setup....????