SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Picts of my HELLA HID headlights and Hyper Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-02, 09:33 AM
Fantius
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, what is that steering wheel cover? I would like to get a tan version if possible, b/c mine is in pretty bad shape right at the top where the sun hits it and your hand sits.
Old 04-04-02, 10:18 AM
Fantius
Rookie

I did a search for steering wheel covers, and I'm assuming you are using wheelskins.

But now back to the headlights. Can you give an idea of what each of those lighing systems costs and where you can get them?
Old 04-04-02, 10:24 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default springs and coilovers

I don't think I know enough to explain about springs and coilovers. I just know that the teins are coilovers and they are adjustable in stiffness and in ride height.

When I raise the stiffness of my suspension...there is NO give on the car, and the only thing that gives when I corner are my tires.
Old 04-04-02, 10:29 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

NICE interior, is the whole seats leather redone? mine is looking bad and worn, i was looking into doing this but i dont know where? what company did you use? i saw you posted connelly earlier but i wasnt sure. Thanks for the info.

Kevin
Old 04-04-02, 10:32 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Fantius

YEs...I am using a wheelskin wheelcover.
They are pretty inexpensive(25-30bucks) and work very well and feel great. FOr you, go w/the darker tan color...it will still match even if it's not exact. IT will look worse if you used a lighter tan color.
Old 04-04-02, 10:33 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Fantius part 2

You can get HID kits for 3-500 bucks these days.
Check your local ricer tune shop, or order off the web.

I don't know the websites off hand, but some of the other people in the forum know where.
Post a thread if you'd like to find out.
Old 04-04-02, 10:38 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default lexcoupe

Yeah, lexcoupe...the front seats, rear seats, outside armrests, and center console AND the shifter were all restitched and recovered w/connelly leather.

I got it from a friend of mine who owns a furniture upholstery shop. He doesn't do cars that much, but just agreed to do mine.

Other upholsterers like Katskin, provide covers for the SC, but they run 3000 bucks(which is comparable leather but tougher). The dealer for their stock leather(which is a much lesser grade) is 5000bucks.

When I FIRST got my leather it was BUTTER soft and I loved it and didn't feel like a car seat, but more a seat you'd find at home.
NOW, after a year of leaving it out in an open parking lot in the sun(changed jobs..sucky parking lot. My old job had covered parking), a lot of the black portions have lost their suppleness and have dried a bit.
I put a lot of lexol on it, to prevent the wrinkles and again(sounds like a facial cream commercial) but I guess you can't keep it new forever. =)
Old 04-04-02, 10:53 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

hey thanks for the info, Ive been to a shop around my house and they told me for katzkin leather the would do the front seats rear seats and center for 1300 installed and that was two toned. I was looking into this, ive changed my mind from the outragousness of blue and white, and i was looking into just adding an insert on the tan, what color do you suggest? i ahve the pearl white ext. so if you have any suggestions it would be great
Old 04-04-02, 10:57 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default black and offwhite

I would mix in black w/the tan interior you already ahve. Black goes w/EVERYTHING.

Couple that w/the white exterior you have..and your car will definitely have a nice contrast w/the black/bone color two tone w/the outside.

that's a VERY good price on the Katskins. My suggestion is that you get them recovered by katskins and get the perforated center inserts. IF I did it over again, I'd get the performated inserts.
Old 04-04-02, 11:08 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

hey anthracite thanks a lot for the info, ill look into doing the two toned black. ill look more on their webiste, and ill be sure to post pics and updates and all the other good stuff.

Kevin
Old 04-04-02, 11:47 AM
Fantius
Rookie

Default Anthracite

Thanks for the replies. Do you remember what size wheelskin is best? I can't measure now b/c car is in shop.
Old 04-04-02, 11:59 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default middle?

I didn't know there WERE different sizes. I just got the one that was at the shop. I would assume that's midsize
Old 04-04-02, 12:12 PM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by lexcoupe
what color do you suggest? i ahve the pearl white ext. so if you have any suggestions it would be great
I have the same color ext., and was thinking of having the center color match the dash; that toape color. So it would be a tan (sandstone) with brown (toape) two-tone. That way, the whole car matched. I think having 3 interior colors w/ the black might be a little busy.

Anthracite SC: Why do you like the perforated centers? Just curious. I was debating getting it perforated, but wasn't sure why to or why not to.
Old 04-04-02, 12:16 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default I don't think it's 3 interior colors

Just to clarify..I think Lexcoupe should get a black/tan combo like I did. The tan being a matching tan to the existing interior.

That way it wouldn't be so busy since he's borrowing from the already tan theme in the car.

Keith, I like perforated, because leather can get hot when you sit on it for awhile. THe perforated feels better to me, and just in my viewpoint, looks pretty nice too.

HOwever, I have varied tastes.

Before I was actually considering incoporating suede or brushed leather seats and black patent leather accessories! talk about LOUD and BUSY! =)
Old 04-04-02, 12:21 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

hmm keith you do have a point, the two toned beige would be pretty nice. i would ahve to see both before i make a decision, but i think i want to do it soon, my seats are really bad. the rear on the top is really dry and cracking and the front seats are wearing like crazy.

Kevin

ill keep you guys posted on what i end up doing

Quick Reply: Picts of my HELLA HID headlights and Hyper Fogs