SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My SC Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-09, 07:43 AM
runt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also clean it up yesterday and took some fresh pictures.

Old 07-12-09, 11:42 AM
runt
Driver

Seriously Toyota you can eat a gigantic bowl of dicks, man these stock twins would be easier to get off by removing the head than just pulling them.

This is where it's currently at, I'm having some seriously problems on how the **** I'm supposed to get the bottom bolts on the manifolds. There is a water pipe that comes off the back of the thermostat housing and runs back i'm figuring that has to be removed in order to get a wrench or something on there to get them loose. I'll have to investigate where it terminates near the back of the block to see if that's an option.

The oil feed and return lines were easier than I anticipated, just unbolt the feed from the block and the return just take off the hose, I cut it because I won't be reusing it and it was harder than hell. I took the clamp off the front turbo and pulled it from the exhaust housing next i'm going to see about the possibility of removing the housing for better access to the bottom bolts on the exhaust.

Anybody know of a good write up on removing the stock twins?

Runt
Old 07-12-09, 06:02 PM
runt
Driver

In the immortal words of Stewie Griffin "Victory is mine"

Seriously though toyota why did you have to make it so difficult? Did you really have to be that much of a pain in the ***? I could have gotten the turbo of 6 DSM's in the time it took me to remove these two. Talk about a sack full of **** you, never in my life have I seen such horses **** lines going every where, hidden brackets, and bolts that you have to be a god damn contortionist to get off. Now I see why people say when you get them off you won't want to put them back on.

Anyway a quick shot of what's to come.

This week i'll tackle the intake and get ready to do the injectors there. Going to have to have my DP modified or have another one built to fit the 4" outlet on the S372, such a massive ****ing turbo may be overkill but he it'll do. Just gotta get all the stuff for the AEM a couple other nick nack things and the SC will be out terrorizing in no time.

Runt