ls1 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-10, 12:05 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by imDementeD
i dont believe this..
im not anti domestic's at all i was shopping for an old muscle car before purchasing my sc3 and will be looking for an old truck to put a hefty v8 in..however
i do not think a stock ls1 can handle as much or make as much power as a 2jz stock form or turbo'd(single big turbo's)..(2jzgte vs ls1)
just my .02
No an LS1 cant make or handle the same power a stock 2JZ can, but with a little tweaking, LS1's are easily capeable of 600+hp with less than 15psi. But in stock form, I dont think the LS1 is safe over 12 or 13psi without some internals. The 2JZ owns every engine I know of, except a couple, when it comes to factory internal strength.

Ill always love the 2JZ, Im just not a die-hard Yota only person. And who knows, eventually I may pick up another JZ engine and build it, and stick it in a domestic chassis

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Like always good threads turn into a huge VS thread Turbodremz do ur thing finish it and post it up. I am sure there are alot of ppl that would love to see it completed and dont respond the die hards that are pretty closed minded. I personaly wouldnt do this swap because I am one of those Toyota die hards BUT I still like to see insane builds done right and an SC with an LSx would be pretty tight. I mean there is already a 2GS on these boards running an LS1 with T56 trans so why not an SC. Oh and on a side note my daily driver is a Chevy =P

Oh Im doing the swap, there is no turning back now, I already ordered the cam/springs/pushrods (modding before I order the engine), I just dont want this thread, or my build thread, to go back to the LS vs JZ food fight again.

And I will always have respect for the 2J, especially for the die-hard JZ owners, and trust me, after the little power I made with my na-t setup, I will always think twice before going on the line with a GTE/na-t Supra or SC
Old 11-16-10, 12:19 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

id love to see it as well and im also a believer that any engine can be made very powerful
and i respect all engines and swaps..and i love me some v8 power i also love me some vtec power..and been bashed cause so many kids give honda's a bad name..
regardless of all that..i would love to see a ls1 scxxx ..however for my v8 power ill put it in something that i think is better suited(im not mechanically inclined like most so i think for me i'll stick with stock motor and turbo it..plus ive never owned a turbo car )
Old 11-16-10, 08:46 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by megamax
iam sorry but you drive an import car, and this is an import car forum. People putting down the marvel of the jz series engine is dissapointing. the pro drivers in japan don't swap ls engines into everything. and how come their rx7's are the fastest in the world?? (not just because of the 20b).

Iam saying if you are swinging on the ls engine that hard then but a domestic car. yes nothing wrong with being creative., but just to put down the jz engine(because theres lag) like some sissies were complaining. is just down right a disgrace..

Now me iam jdm as ****. i'd take a c6(only) z06 vette or a zr1. but i would keep thier engines in thier perspective bodies. the only reason i have a swapped s13(rb20).Is because you cant get skylines over here. so the best option. and for my 400 soarers arent sold over here either..

i think this discussion has taken a n/a v.s. turbo turn. if you want 2 swap a slo as **** 1uz out for another v8 fine. but the ls engine can't hold a candle to the jz series..

proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8
Jesus Christ, I'm not one for attacking someones typing but you're not even trying...

I don't think anyone is putting down the JZ series engine, its just the motors like this have been around so long theirs no more guess work as its all been done and these engines have already been pushed to the limit and back. Now I've never built a car, so I can't really say much on the subject; But I can assume when someone is building they would like to feel what they are working on is something special that they did themselves not something that has 1000 "how to" guides all over the internet on.

What turbodremz wants out of his car is something that either few or no one has, something a simple 2JZ or N/A-T wont do as a million people are already ahead of him. If thinking outside of the circle will do it for him, power to him.

P.S. what exactly was the point in that video? That guy swap a 2JZ into that Camaro not because there was any real gain over a GM crate V8, he did it because he has deep pockets and felt like it after watching Tokyo Drift, plain and simple.
Old 11-16-10, 11:25 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First let me say I have nothing against you, I'm sure you are awesome megamax. Now to the reply: Your PROOF is basically the same thing you are arguing against doing... aka swapping across brands. You just contradicted yourself pretty much. But then again, you're kind of wishy-washy based on your opinion of what a good engine is. A 1UZ can be just as good depending on the money thrown at it-as with any engine. But hey, I definitely want to blindly listen to your opinion because you obviously are excellent at using the right words, spelling, and grammar where needed! No sarcasm is present in this post

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 11-16-10 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-17-10, 03:06 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im gonna throw an lsx in the next persons face that makes a thread about this.. get ls9 or **** stop telling people to do lsX or asking about it. i mean honestly take it to lsx forums its getting annoying. i can take a festiva and throw a lsx in it does that make it bad ***? yea sure but.. NO that's just retarded just cause it will fit doesnt mean i have to stuff a lsx into anything i can think of. altho i wanna 2jz every car i see.. lsx is a great motor buy annoying when its in everything...
Old 11-17-10, 07:47 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dang if yall don't like the LSx Engines stay out of his thread please, you don't have to like it lol.
Just let it go please.
Old 11-17-10, 08:19 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

post removed for cursing and inappropriate content.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-17-10 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-17-10, 08:21 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Cleanshots, please exit this thread. You made your perspective known on post #2 in this thread a long time ago and now you're just posting to insult and inflame.

Other members, please keep this a mature and polite, productive discussion on the topic of the LS swap, not the people posting in this thread and your opinion of them. If you can't do that, do not post in this thread.
Old 11-17-10, 08:25 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Cleanshots, please exit this thread. You made your perspective known on post #2 in this thread a long time ago and now you're just posting to insult and inflame.

Other members, please keep this a mature and polite, productive discussion on the topic of the LS swap, not the people posting in this thread and your opinion of them. If you can't do that, do not post in this thread.
Sorry, was editing post again when u deleted trying to clean it up. Just frustrating.

Anyways, anyone with any experience in the 400? Anyone with a 300 cradle I can buy? lol
Old 11-17-10, 08:35 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4

Thanks Dave

Chris "Turbodremz"let me know how much you pay for the mounts, brackets and harness servive.
I am very interested on this swap, i have seen an RX7 LSx with 80mm Turbo pushing 792rwhp at 11psi lol.
Old 11-17-10, 08:37 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rpk2012
Sorry, was editing post again when u deleted trying to clean it up. Just frustrating.

Anyways, anyone with any experience in the 400? Anyone with a 300 cradle I can buy? lol
I dont think there would be any difference in prepping the 400 for an LS swap vs. a 2JZ...I dont think that made sense, but it sounded right in my head

But as for the LSX in and SC, I think other than DGR, there hasnt been an SC 3/400 fitted with an LS, so its a play as you go swap.
Old 11-17-10, 08:44 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

The SC3 /400 and MK4 uses the same cradle.
Old 11-17-10, 09:05 AM
rpk2012
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quickGS300
The SC3 /400 and MK4 uses the same cradle.
Then what is it that I have read about different mounts for a 2j swap into a 400. Something about the angle of the 1u mounts.
Old 11-17-10, 09:18 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rpk2012
Then what is it that I have read about different mounts for a 2j swap into a 400. Something about the angle of the 1u mounts.
Different mounts yes, however the crossmember itself is the same.
Old 11-17-10, 10:15 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATSMATT

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...s-of-pics.html

Quick Reply: ls1 sc300