SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I Really Want To Do This....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-09, 01:29 PM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a decent picture of my car back when it had the wing on it. Pearl white too
Old 07-16-09, 02:52 PM
sc310hp
Rookie

honestly the wing is not too bad but i think u would have to put toyota soarer badges on it if u run a wing. Cuz wing and luxus dont mix imo
Old 07-16-09, 06:44 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not gonna lie, Ron, that looks ace in my opinion. I'm seriously wanting it now. And everybody who says it's a bit ricey, well I like it being a bit of a rice rocket. Everyone has their own taste in cars, and mine just happens to be like this. A little rice, but still classy as can be. I know it sounds weird asking for opinions though, but I just wanted to hear the general consensus.

By the way Ron, did the wing bolt on without modification, or was some drilling needed?

Last edited by megamarine; 07-16-09 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-16-09, 07:14 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

spoiler yes, only if you lived in japan.
cf hood yes, if your car looks at least modded, if stock, no.
Old 07-16-09, 10:14 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

Carbon Fiber hoods look nice if you've got the supporting mods (wheels, drop, tint, etc like you mentioned) but on a stocker it looks strange and out of place. And the wing is way too much. If you buy that wing, then i demand that you remove the picture of my car from your avatar.
Old 07-16-09, 11:08 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

My 2 cents, I think the hood is a good idea. It looks good for one and two it is somewhat functional in that it weighs significantly less than the stock hood. Next, the infamous "giant wing". I do like the way it looks for the correct application. The only way you can pull this off is if you have the rest of the car set up what I like to call, "right". To further explain my definition of right, the car needs to be slammed on agressive wheel sizes/offsets, 19 X 10 (+0), 19 X 12 (+0) (my personal favorites would be Equips), clean over flares and a clean body kit (I prefer the V.I.Pish drift car look). I'm not a fan of the real aggressive look. Equally important, you need to have a credible amount of power behind it to deem it legit (generally "ricer" is the term most people (including myself) give the guys with their stock civics and ridiculous body kits/ GIANT WINGS as stated in previos posts). I see that you said you don't mind that title, but I don't want it for myself, or for you. Again, this is my opinion, if others do not agree that is perfectly fine, but the man asked a question and I answered it my way. You have me on a mission to find a pic for you to illustrate what I mean. In the meantime, definitely go head and click the "add to cart" button for the hood.

Last edited by TumblerZ30; 07-16-09 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 07-17-09, 03:02 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you stock? of course you are, no on the cf hood unless its for less weight and please paint over it, and no on the wing you are not going 200mph. If you rice out your sc your a fool. if you want rice hit the Chinese food, and buy a honda instead of ur sc. if you want a nice sc, NO WING!!!
Old 07-17-09, 07:26 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
Here is a decent picture of my car back when it had the wing on it. Pearl white too
I have to say I'm surprised, that look pretty good. But its still ricey unless you have a GTE with a big single
Old 07-17-09, 08:12 AM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TumblerZ30
My 2 cents, I think the hood is a good idea. It looks good for one and two it is somewhat functional in that it weighs significantly less than the stock hood. Next, the infamous "giant wing". I do like the way it looks for the correct application. The only way you can pull this off is if you have the rest of the car set up what I like to call, "right". To further explain my definition of right, the car needs to be slammed on agressive wheel sizes/offsets, 19 X 10 (+0), 19 X 12 (+0) (my personal favorites would be Equips), clean over flares and a clean body kit (I prefer the V.I.Pish drift car look). I'm not a fan of the real aggressive look. Equally important, you need to have a credible amount of power behind it to deem it legit (generally "ricer" is the term most people (including myself) give the guys with their stock civics and ridiculous body kits/ GIANT WINGS as stated in previos posts). I see that you said you don't mind that title, but I don't want it for myself, or for you. Again, this is my opinion, if others do not agree that is perfectly fine, but the man asked a question and I answered it my way. You have me on a mission to find a pic for you to illustrate what I mean. In the meantime, definitely go head and click the "add to cart" button for the hood.
Hey, thanks for all the input. I almost alughed a little reading your post because some of the changes you mentioned are what I'm going for.The exterior is going to have a RaceonUsa 350B bodykit, and it already runs 18" Enkei FD-05's. The engine currently runs a 2JZ-GTTE swap with an Injen Cold Air Intake as well as the infamous Purpl Cam Gears by HKS, and finally a Greddy Blow Off Valve. The suspension also runs Tein SuperStreet Coilovers.

Now that it is all said, all it needs to be is done. I'm definitely going for the CF hood, but I'll wait on the spoiler for now.
Old 07-17-09, 08:30 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I only like CF on two colors. Dark grey or black.
Old 07-17-09, 08:35 AM
megamarine
Pole Position

Oh! Before I forget, here is a link to the bodykit if you are all interested. http://www.raceonusa.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=3724
Old 07-17-09, 08:45 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

I personally love the "drift" SC look. So in my opinion, I like the Idea of both the CF hood abd the CF wing, but add canard's to complete the setup. As far as painting the hood, it would depend on how the CF flowed with the wheel color and such. Other than that, I say go for it.

P.S. IMO, TumblerZ30 said he like the "V.I.Pish" drift car look, I think it's one or the other.
Old 07-17-09, 08:58 AM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend
I personally love the "drift" SC look. So in my opinion, I like the Idea of both the CF hood abd the CF wing, but add canard's to complete the setup. As far as painting the hood, it would depend on how the CF flowed with the wheel color and such. Other than that, I say go for it.

P.S. IMO, TumblerZ30 said he like the "V.I.Pish" drift car look, I think it's one or the other.
Wow, another driftlover like me! My SC does indeed drift quite a bit, so the setup would be more suitable too. As for the wheels, they are black and silver machined. The outer color runs black while the inner runs the dark silver.

And on your note of the V.I.P. Setup. I always wanted to combine the look somehow, so hopefully this will marry the idea flawlessly.
Old 07-17-09, 09:43 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

The wing does have to bolt on. So you need to drill holes. I also suggest that you make supports from the wing stands into the trunk as the wing does actually create up and down force that will ripple you're trunk if your not careful.

With the CF hood the wing should look really good. You deffinitely need an aggressive body kit though. Vertex, BN or something like that.

I still have my wing it just collects dust in my room. I put it on for drift events to look badass but i never really get time to do that anymore

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend

What the hell happened to you. I was pissed when you sold your car and didnt offer me the battles. Did you get another SC yet?

and I get what Tumblerz30 is saying. Hes talking about the really clean drift cars that run a subdued body kit and huge wheels and are basically just slammed into the gorund. Those usually never have any wing on them other than like a roof wing. Kinda like my car right now just lower and with better wheels

Last edited by TheRonTom3; 07-17-09 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-17-09, 09:55 AM
TumblerZ30
Driver

I disagree with LEX-FIEND, in terms of looks I think VIP & Drift can absolutely be combined. Every drift event I've ever been to (amature/major such as Forumla D & D1) the typical "drift" car look tends to be the overly aggressive body kits with ridiculous wheel offsets/sizes. Additionally, crazy paint colors with sponsors and or vinyls covering every square inch of the car. Alternatively, the typical V.I.P car is extremely streamline and clean. Well when you combine a streamline body kit, NO stickers/vinyls, keep the aggressive yet functional wheel sizes/offsets and a GIANT WING, you get a VIPish drift car. In which case, GIANT WINGS can work in some instances. For example.....

.....this guy had the right idea.....

Quick Reply: I Really Want To Do This....