Black Fire
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ +1 ^^^
Old 07-21-09, 01:58 PM
ill roller
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rear looks ok, front still doesn't look flush... The car is too high though, so it really doesn't matter.
Old 07-21-09, 02:24 PM
omidg89
Pole Position

i think it looks good... no spacers needed!!!
Old 07-21-09, 07:06 PM
TurboFC3C
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ill roller
Rear looks ok, front still doesn't look flush... The car is too high though, so it really doesn't matter.
Lol, wrd.
Maybe only the Texas guys think it's not exactly "Straight FLUSHNESS" as advertised.

If you seek flushness tips, I wouldn't suggest CL. There are other sites dedicated to achieving "flushness" such as Wrongfitmentcrew, Fatlace/Hellaflush, and Stanceworks.

An interesting article: http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=260

Till then I have to give you this:

Old 07-21-09, 08:01 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboFC3C
Lol, wrd.
Maybe only the Texas guys think it's not exactly "Straight FLUSHNESS" as advertised.

If you seek flushness tips, I wouldn't suggest CL. There are other sites dedicated to achieving "flushness" such as Wrongfitmentcrew, Fatlace/Hellaflush, and Stanceworks.

An interesting article: http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=260

Till then I have to give you this:

Sorry man, that looks ugly imo, I don't want my car looking like that. I just want it to line up to the fender, to me that's flush enough and that's the look I want. I don't need to jump on the bandwagon on this one, I know people are stretching the hell out of their tires and whatnot but I am building my car the way I want and the way I see things looking good through my eyes. That whole article you sent me was about stance, nowhere in the article did it mention the word "flush".
Old 07-21-09, 08:55 PM
TurboFC3C
Driver School Candidate

I said it was an interesting article, not a flushness article. Sorry if my post has offended you.

This is exactly what I had expected anyways. Like when people say their car is "slammed", and then when somebody questions this, it's usually a reply of "well to me it's low enough". Just an example.

If you think your car is "Straight FLUSHNESS!!", then that's all that matters. I will not post in your thread again. Sorry.
Old 07-21-09, 10:50 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Um... without starting a fight, that's not "straight flushness".

Curious... what are the wheel widths and offsets before adding the 10mm spacers?

BTW good luck with the Ichibas...
Old 07-22-09, 10:18 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TurboFC3C
I said it was an interesting article, not a flushness article. Sorry if my post has offended you.

This is exactly what I had expected anyways. Like when people say their car is "slammed", and then when somebody questions this, it's usually a reply of "well to me it's low enough". Just an example.

If you think your car is "Straight FLUSHNESS!!", then that's all that matters. I will not post in your thread again. Sorry.
Oh, my bad man, I took it the wrong way. I thought you were dissing me since you started off your post by laughing. It's hard to tell on the internet the way people are saying certain things. Tuning styles differs in the different areas we live in, so I think the Texas guys have a different opinion. In North Carolina where I live, there's only a handful of people that I know that cares/knows anything about offset, stance and being flush. Most people just want to put the biggest wheels on their car and call it a day. Personally, I am not a big fan of the gap between your wheels and tires when it's stretched, I don't mind stretching the tires some, but I don't find it appealing to see a gap like that, it contradicts with the idea of flushness imo.

I am talking about the gap seen here, I am not a fan of it:

To some people, it's badass, but to me, it just looks like there's something wrong with it, like you couldn't get tires that fits. My idea of flushness is to just having everything lined up to meet with the fenders, not poking out like this:

This is my daily driver though, I know it's not slammed like some people, but I am on Tein CS coilovers and that's as low as it could go. I already scrape like crazy everywhere I go, so unless I am getting air ride, there's no way I am going any lower than I already am. I guess maybe it's not straight flushness for some people since I am not tucking, slammed, on stretched tires, and poking......but it's good enough for me.

Offset: +27 rear, +33 up front w/ 10mm spacers.

Last edited by romeo291; 07-22-09 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 10:27 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

so romeo291, what would your opinion be on this:

Just wondering... and you're right - everyone is entitled to their own opinion/interpretation. If your look is good for you, then all is well.

IMO that whole "Hellaflush" stuff is overrated... it's funny hearing people get all sad when they do retarded wheel fitments and then don't get a "Hellaflush" sticker, as if it's some godly honor LOL

Last edited by raine; 07-26-09 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 12:25 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by raine
so romeo291, what would your opinion be on this:

Just wondering... and you're right - everyone is entitled to their own opinion/interpretation. If your look is good for you, then all is well.

IMO that whole "Hellaflush" stuff is overrated... it's funny hearing people get all sad when they do retarded wheel fitments and then don't get a "Hellaflush" sticker, as if it's some godly honor LOL
Wow dude, what you did there is perfect imo. You didn't stretch your tires like crazy and it doesn't poke out. I like it a lot, much more flush than mine's for sure. Sickness
Old 07-22-09, 12:39 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

I totally agree here too man, being hellaflush approved or whatever is such a hype thing. I mean, I made this post just to show people what I've done, but I guess my title was misleading since what I think is flush isn't what other people thinks. I mean, I know the flushness isn't perfect or whatever, but I think it's pretty close, and it looks a lot better than before. I know there will always be cars out there more flush than me and better looking, but who doesn't? If somebody made a post like "Finally, I am fast" and showed an engine swap they did. What's the point of people posting something like "Naw, you're slow, here are some faster cars". It's like, come on, I already know my car isn't the epitome of flushness, I was just sharing, no need to hate. But most of the members were positive about me sharing though, so I'll definitely keep sharing my mods w/ the community regardless of the criticism.
Old 07-22-09, 01:17 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

^^^ Yeah man, theres a couple ego a$$es on this forum... BTW what you got is what i call flush, I want to get mine like that soon. Nice job
Old 07-22-09, 01:22 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

hey romeo, what's your complete setup specs? (wheel widths, offset you put somewhere above, tire sizes) maybe I can suggest something to get more flush =)
Old 07-22-09, 03:57 PM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Black Fire
^^^ Yeah man, theres a couple ego a$$es on this forum... BTW what you got is what i call flush, I want to get mine like that soon. Nice job
Thanx dude, I appreciate the love. We gotta chill sometimes man, I see you're in NC. I live in the Durham/Raleigh area. wbu?

hey romeo, what's your complete setup specs? (wheel widths, offset you put somewhere above, tire sizes) maybe I can suggest something to get more flush =)
18 x 9 up front (+33) w/ 10mm spacers
18 x 10 in the rear (+27) w/ no spacers

tires: front 245/45R18
rear 275/35R18
Old 07-22-09, 04:21 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

You could probably go 15mm spacer up front with a 235/35 for more "Closeness"... move the 10mm spacers to the rear and run a 275/30

Quick Reply: Finally, Straight FLUSHNESS!!!