SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My new '99 sc400!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 01:51 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
NICE!!! Now since you have owned a 95 and a 99 can you tell the difference when you drive it??? can you compare the two???
I definatly can; its a COMPLETELY different car. But in both a posotive and negative sence..
The engine of course is the main difference, a much better power curve as you drive through the gears. In the '95 the car was sluggish coming out of turns in 2nd, the vvt-i seems to be the complete opposite, it almost seems to jump as is drives through 2nd gear on turns. No longer am I ebarassed to be driving a fast looking car that ISINT fast! lol
Heh, when I first took it out for a spin I had completely forgot it had an extra gear, when it shifted into 5th and kept going I was almsot startled!
I thought the suspension and breaks where all the same, but I guess not cuz they seem alot more responsive in the '99. Maybe its just the bushings that arent worn out? But the '99 loves accelerating through curves, it stays perfectly stable and the breaks are nice and sensetive.

However there are a few negatives. I find the '99 to feel more like a luxury car rather than a sports car. The engine, exhaust and overall presence of the car is a lot quieter than my '95. The exhaust is the big difference. My '95 had a really nice rumble to it on idle and sounded great under throttle, like a V8 should (and as far as I know it had a completely stock exhaust). But the '99 doesnt, and I dont know if thats a result of the vvt-i? or maybe the exhaust not being as worn in? Either way you have to give it quite a bit of throttle to get any sort of rumbling sound, and even then its not as pronounce as my old one. I found this strange as I read in other posts that the vvt-i is supposed to sound MORE like a real sports car; its almost making me think that my old one had a resonator delete or something that I didnt know about lol

Anyways, I'm totally in love with the car, those negative points can all be fixed with a few simple mods. And everything else with the car is top notch as you would expect from Lexus!
Old 07-23-09, 01:56 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexdud
So, how many miles does it have (after your short drive from Phoenix to Van) and (if I may ask) what did you pay for it?
btw, it has 113k miles on it, runs like new. I'm gonna leave the price undisclosed. Because its so rare here in Canada I'm considering throwing it up for sale to see if I can get a good price for it..
Old 07-23-09, 03:04 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new ride. She definitely is a clean example!!
Old 07-24-09, 09:21 AM
Neil4Speed
Driver

Congrats on the pickup. They better watch for us Canadians, we are stealing their VVt-i's!

Nice thing about the 1999 is that you don't have to do the DRL replacement, I believe it came like that from the factory.

I also find my 98 is a little bit on the quiet side, I will be looking into a resonator delete in the near future as with HID's.

Don't you hate the 6% tax 6% duty bs? Then another $200 to RIV! Brutal! Bad exchange right now as well!

Let me know if you come out west, we can have a nice photoshoot!

Congrats again!
Old 07-24-09, 09:55 AM
98SC400BLK
Driver

Wonder how many VVT-i's are in Canada.
Old 07-24-09, 01:14 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryeno
thats because its from a different lexus (e.g. ls, es or gs)

IF I had to guess it would be that the previous owner had the bumper replaced and repainted. But since the car was SOOO new, it didnt have any oxidation so the paint matched perfectly. And as the car has aged all the paint has oxidized together.

Anyways if you are wondering the part numbers are 53141-24010 and 53142-24010. Idk which is which, but one is upper and one is lower garnish. I would get them from lexus of pembroke pines trademotion or your local dealership if they will price match.

This is kinda off topic but i love living here because usually the dealerships will price match for me when i bring the print out of the legit price. And since the warehouse is in torrance i get the parts overnight or in 2 days.

But back on topic one of the reasons i really like the 97+ bumper over the AC is because of that grill. I think the 1 smooth bar looks awesome. Especially on white. BTW switch your sig from dwp, your not cool enough to join us dwp ballers, jk The best part is the black garnishes on the car look invisible from a few feet away, so it really changed the look when your not up close.
Yea that makes scene, I'll defiantly look into that. Like I said, I never even noticed that before, now its kinda bugging me lol..

Originally Posted by Neil4Speed
Congrats on the pickup. They better watch for us Canadians, we are stealing their VVt-i's!

Nice thing about the 1999 is that you don't have to do the DRL replacement, I believe it came like that from the factory.

I also find my 98 is a little bit on the quiet side, I will be looking into a resonator delete in the near future as with HID's.

Don't you hate the 6% tax 6% duty bs? Then another $200 to RIV! Brutal! Bad exchange right now as well!

Let me know if you come out west, we can have a nice photoshoot!

Congrats again!
Dont forget about the PST you have to pay when you insure it..

Heh mountain-shoot, thad be sweet. Im going to Kelowna August long, but that might be kaiboshed due to the fires. We'll have to wait till we get some mods done before we drive all that way for a photoshoot! lol

Originally Posted by 98SC400BLK
As far as I know 3 sc400's (scENFORCER, 98SC400BLK, and Neil4Speed), and 1 sc300 (604_Coast). Hm, I'd be really interested how many are up here on CL..? Defiantly not very many. Quite the rarity in Canada!
Old 07-24-09, 02:12 PM
bcsc400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 98SC400BLK
One in Victoria.
I also would like to hear a little more exhaust note.
I'm thinking about purchasing the Tanabe exhaust.
Old 08-08-09, 10:49 PM
yauser
Rookie

Drive the white one and you'll get a fine chick wanting to marry you. You drive the tan one and you'll get a bad girl but fine chick wanting to reach over while you're driving, Lol..
Old 11-29-09, 09:44 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Ya man thats me.
Not exactly LOOKING to sell but because they're so rare up here I figured I might as well throw it up for sale and see what I can get for it..

Will eventually throw it up in the classifieds here on CL too and see what happens.
Old 11-29-09, 10:02 PM
Zimaura
Driver School Candidate

Sick, Congrats BRO!
Old 11-29-09, 10:48 PM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice find. I'm kinda looking to pick one of these up myself.
Old 11-30-09, 11:02 AM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Nice. & $17k. Gl bro
Old 11-30-09, 11:31 AM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
Nice. & $17k. Gl bro
Those cars go for that much up there???? wow
Old 11-30-09, 11:39 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Have no idea how much they go for up here, cuz its the only one!!!

...as I was explaining to another member, I wouldn't expect to sell it to anyone on CL for anywhere near that much. But because they're so rare up here I figured I might as well put it up for a price like that and see if anyone bites.
At the same time I'm not actively trying to sell it cuz it is my dream car after all, but if someone is willing to throw $15 or $16+ K at me then why not!?
Old 01-03-10, 05:03 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Yea that makes scene, I'll defiantly look into that. Like I said, I never even noticed that before, now its kinda bugging me lol..

Dont forget about the PST you have to pay when you insure it..

Heh mountain-shoot, thad be sweet. Im going to Kelowna August long, but that might be kaiboshed due to the fires. We'll have to wait till we get some mods done before we drive all that way for a photoshoot! lol

As far as I know 3 sc400's (scENFORCER, 98SC400BLK, and Neil4Speed), and 1 sc300 (604_Coast). Hm, I'd be really interested how many are up here on CL..? Defiantly not very many. Quite the rarity in Canada!
ive got a 98 sc400 and i love it...ive been searching the forums on who has the vvti and what mods are they running