SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Will Work For Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-02, 04:54 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Work For Rims

I'm really getting irritated now that I am actually ready to drop some cash on rims. NOBODY HAS ANY!! I understand that most of the nicer rims are imports, but damn has anyone ever heard of stocking to your demand? JIT (Just In Time) Inventory or purchasing in certain cycles would be much better. For instance, during the months preceding winter the stock would be low due to lower sales volumes over the winter. But in Apr-June the state side distributors should increase their stock on hand to levels that match the demand. People buy rims before summer so they can bling bling!! Damn!

Can I get any of the rims below within a couple of weeks? They are in preferential order.

Work Rezax II
Volk III
Racing Hart C2 (3 pc.)
HRE 440R (Wheel Kinetics stiffed me so dont go there)

I know i'm preaching to the choir, but logistics is what I do so having no supply to meet the demand touches a nerve with me

Thanks for listening.....Rev. Webb

Last edited by hoops_24; 04-07-02 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-07-02, 05:07 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

U should be able to find the RH's pretty easy.
None of the wheels mentioned have a huge demand for them
Also,Its not easy getting rims in the spring/summer months for obvious reasons (Tax returns,kids able to work more 4 spring break,more sunshine) so any 'supply' that was around goes quick and you're left with "special-order-only" parts.

They are all pretty nice BTW

~Em
Old 04-07-02, 08:09 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Emerald, That means more supply needed. That's exactly my point. Distributors have historic sales figures. You use those figures to drive your stock count numbers.

The Racing Hart C2's are 45 days out wherever I call so if you know something I don't fill me in. If the other rims are low demand then where are they?
Old 04-07-02, 08:53 AM
XTC
Driver

If tirerack has them, i can get them at discount prices as i wholesale through them. Let me know.

J
Old 04-07-02, 09:37 AM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

How exactly do you hook up with a wholesaler like that?
Also do they dropship for you? If not how long does it take for the rims to get to you?
Old 04-07-02, 10:07 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Tire rack doesn't have any of the rims that I listed. But believe it or not I'm actually considering SSR GT3's just because I can get my hands on them. I was looking at 8.5 front and 10" rear. What could you scoop the set for?
The GT3's are nice but I really don't think they compliment the SC that much. I just need something before my tire noise turns me into a lonney bird. It is driving me batty!
Old 04-08-02, 04:58 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey, are you selling the Konig? If so email me at The_Ikon1911@yahoo.com

Old 04-08-02, 05:10 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the distributor for racing hart is down my alley, about 1 hr away on a good day. they have 2's in stock. i don't see what the problem is. i can ask a couple of shops down here that can get them for you. just let me know the size and width. w/ or w/out tires also.
Old 04-08-02, 05:29 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

I am looking for 8.5 front and 10" rear. 18". Offset on the front needs to be as close to +50 as possible. I believe you can get them +45.
The rear needs the most lip possible which may change the offset but that's cool for the back.

If you can come through hit me @ bgwebb@msn.com

Good lookin' out either way!

IKON, I'm gonna throw the Konig's on one of my other cars. Not sure which one though.

Peace
Old 04-08-02, 09:42 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey hoops,
Do you know if they still make Volk III's? If so, email me. I'll give you the contact info for my Volk seller. He gets the rims directly from Mackin Industries, so if the Volk III's are still in production, I'm sure he can get the sizes you want. email me at mr_h_liang@hotmail.com
Old 04-08-02, 11:35 PM
quick
Pole Position

If you want custom wheels you have to pay $$$ and wait.

HRE's are a good example...

For instance a set of wheels like my Kinesis take 3-4 weeks.... and one of them costs more than a set of most Racing Harts.

Hell -- my tires cost more than a set of most Racing Harts from what I understand.

So don't bag on wheel manufacturers when you want custom rims. Sure, there should be Racing Harts in stock -- everyone has them.

But if you want a custom set of three-piece wheels then you have to wait and pay. That's why they're custom.

Btw, the highest-quality wheels are Fikse, HRE, and Kinesis. Three-piece forged.

Last edited by quick; 04-08-02 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-09-02, 01:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, you'll almost NEVER have HRE's "in stock" at ANY dealer...the wheels are made per order. What if you're a dealer and you're stocking $5000-$6000 retail wheels...do you keep 10 on hand for a GS? Ok, now what size? 18", 19", 20"? Probably 20" and 19" only...ok, now what widths? Only 8.5" and 9.5" or 9" and 10"? Ok, now you've covered ONE CAR STYLE. Now keep 10 in stock for an LS, a SC, etc., etc...unless you're a million dollar plus dealer, I can't imagine ANYONE would keep them in stock...it's just too expensive.

If you want to good stuff, you gotta wait!

As for the Racing Harts, dunno why no has those...that's odd...
Old 04-09-02, 04:01 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

So am I hearing that Racing Hart's aren't any good?? Hey, I'm all ears because I don't pretend to be a rim expert.
I just want a high quality good looking wheel. I'm not concerned about the ability to brag about how much they cost.
Quick, who did I "bag" on??? I'm a Logistics manager and to Manaray's point it would be difficult to stock what the masses want........but not impossible. My point is that you would think someone in the industry could figure out the trend and have enough to make it through April! I could be wrong though. I move products from Procter & Gamble and diapers are alot different than a set of $6000 rims.
Old 04-09-02, 08:32 AM
quick
Pole Position

Originally posted by hoops_24
So am I hearing that Racing Hart's aren't any good?? Hey, I'm all ears because I don't pretend to be a rim expert.

I just want a high quality good looking wheel. I'm not concerned about the ability to brag about how much they cost.

Quick, who did I "bag" on??? I'm a Logistics manager and to Manaray's point it would be difficult to stock what the masses want........but not impossible. My point is that you would think someone in the industry could figure out the trend and have enough to make it through April! I could be wrong though. I move products from Procter & Gamble and diapers are alot different than a set of $6000 rims.
Just to be clear I was not 'bragging' about how much my wheels cost. My point was that if you expect someone to stock custom-fit rims that cost over $4000 a set then your expectations are out of line. I was using my wheels as an example since they're custom three-piece and forged.

The high cost, low volume, custom nature of the item precludes it from your typical consumer item-type stocking.

I don't know that Racing Harts aren't any good. I do know that you should purchase a three-piece wheel for maximum fitment and repair flexibility. If the rim is made of three pieces then you can just replace the bent piece rather than the whole rim. Such wheels cost quite a bit more. They should also be forged for maxiumum strength (especially important when driving on low-profile tires).

I think you were overstating the situation based upon a lack of information on your part. Consumer items aren't custom-fit in any way -- think of it like buying suits. You can find a cheap suit to fit most regularly-sized people, but if you want a specific size to fit you perfectly (made out of the best material) you often have to custom-order the suit.

Anyway, hopefully this clears up your misperception about custom wheels.

Last edited by quick; 04-09-02 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-10-02, 01:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RacingHarts are DEFINITELY not bad wheels...they're good quality wheels. If you like their designs, then I think you should go for it. For me, I wouldn't do them on MY car because too many civics have those...(for ricer's, it's their "dream" wheel...but of course, most of the ricers just get "Concept-5" wheels or some other cheezeball knock-offs)

I know you really like the look of the Rezax II's so I would recommend you get them..get what you REALLY want, don't settle for something that's "close"...you probably won't be satisfied...I believe Dennis @ Wheel Kinetics can get 'em for you...

OH yeah, my HRE "stocking issue" I posted about above...I forgot to add a few more details...you have also consider WHICH STYLE wheel and the FINISH combinations...so you can see, you'd have to keep HUNDREDS of wheels in stock just to satisfy GS customers...that's just a LOT of money...

Quick Reply: Will Work For Rims