SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

No love from TRD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 06:37 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it has anything to do with the car not having a prestigious racing background.

Mitsubishi is the same way toward the Starion model. That car dominated the 1980s showroom stock racing against the Supra and the RX7. The car just isn't that popular/mainstream anymore.

It takes alot of money to fire up the machines to make the parts. Especially in a very bad economy.

Last edited by RyanV; 07-28-09 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-28-09, 05:44 PM
eight
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanV
I don't think it has anything to do with the car not having a prestigious racing background.

Mitsubishi is the same way toward the Starion model. That car dominated the 1980s showroom stock racing against the Supra and the RX7. The car just isn't that popular/mainstream anymore.

It takes alot of money to fire up the machines to make the parts. Especially in a very bad economy.
true, but ya cant say it wouldnt be nice to have a sc/soarer catalog from trd with the parts that are for sc's and not supra's. it wont happen, but it would be great if it did.
Old 07-28-09, 05:51 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uzz-tt
every 'sc300/sc400' in the usa is a lexus.
You cannot order toyota parts from a typical lexus dealer, and you cannot order lexus parts from a typical toyota dealer in the usa. I'm sure someone will come on here and say they have, but technically lexus has a completely different parts catalog.
Trd usa means toyota racing development, not lexus racing development- which is why they do not carry lexus sc parts.

Trd japan does carry jzz30 toyota soarer parts, because it's a toyota there. Here is the link:
http://trdparts.jp/english/top.html
(you have to do a parts search to get anything to come up, such as twin plate clutch, or mechanical lsd for soarer btw)

^^^ everyone please read above post.
Old 07-28-09, 06:03 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if they did we would ***** that the parts cost to much and only a few would really buy anything. It would have been nice to see a trd supercharger kit for the sc400 though.
Old 07-28-09, 09:28 PM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Every 'SC300/SC400' in the USA is a Lexus.
You cannot order Toyota parts from a typical Lexus dealer, and you cannot order Lexus parts from a typical Toyota dealer in the USA. I'm sure someone will come on here and say they have, but TECHNICALLY Lexus has a completely different parts catalog.
TRD USA means Toyota Racing Development, not Lexus Racing Development- Which is why they do not carry Lexus SC parts.

TRD JAPAN does carry jzz30 Toyota Soarer parts, because it's a Toyota there. Here is the link:
http://trdparts.jp/english/top.html
(You have to do a parts search to get anything to come up, such as twin plate clutch, or mechanical LSD for Soarer btw)
haha well look at that. i find interesting it though that they don't list the soarer itself in the vehicle search. that's what got me. it'd be nice though to see a widebody though. a 4000GT perhaps
Old 07-29-09, 03:32 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

What are you talking about? I give PLENTY of love!!!
Old 07-30-09, 09:07 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what TRD parts would u want anyways?

they make the hard parts, you can order from your toyota dealer; MK4 tt everything:

trd brake pads, TRD air filer, clutch, lsd, uprated suspension parts can all be ordered from the toyota dealer -Wait...thats what I did Avail on TRD Japan only parts is about 3months, but worth the wait. If you need suspension, a combination of OEM MK4 TT and us market Bilstein dampers is good enough and will match the overall car tune well - our american poop roads make half of japans suspension products useless.

2jzgte cams you can HKS or crower or whoever you like

TRD interior trim pieces like shift ****, etc -yes, you can get them stateside (I did)

on my former AE86, i had TRD final drive, lsd, clutch setup, brake pads. thats about all you really need on a car anyway, cusco for suspension parts ftw.