SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Teaser: Gixxer Coilovers Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 09:23 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
I am actually going to paint my calipers in black and use a brembo ebay stencil to give them that expensive look.
So you're going to paint a fake brand name onto your calipers, and yet you say painting calipers a solid color looks cheap? Oooookay.

QwkSC - I did 600/400 also, I love it. Haven't even aligned it yet and I dig it. It's stiff for sure, but I don't like driving couches around and it's in perfect control all the time so I dig it.
Old 07-28-09, 10:20 PM
Drewbeeee
Pole Position

nice drop.
i need some coilovers
oh god..here it goes with Ryeno........again.
another thread and post..

oh..btw i hate teasers..
now......let see some full pics of your car

Last edited by Drewbeeee; 07-28-09 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 10:49 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

First Brembo isnt a fake brand.
Second my Sumitomo brakes outperform the low end Brembo brakes so they should be proud i am putting their logo on my brakes.
That doesnt matter . The bottom line is, they are NOT Brembo. Properly prep them, paint them to make them look clean, but please don't go with the Brembo idea. I'm not trying to be argumentative or attack you, but I would laugh if I saw this in person. There is no reason for that nonsense. You are better off stenciling Soarer or something of that nature on the side if you are totally sold on the stenciling idea.

Back on topic........congrats on your coilovers the stance looks great. I haven't heard/seen much about this brand before. How do they feel for everyday driving? Not too stiff, really stiff...? I think I'm about to go with Stance, but I'd like to explore this option before I make my final decision.
Old 07-28-09, 11:31 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

Find me a stencil saying lexus?

Plus I am going to spend HOURS on the calipers. From prepping them HCL acid to a base coat and painting them in multiple layers of paint and clear coat. With that much effort I might as well stencil Brembo on them and actually make them appear like they cost a lot(if you consider 1000 dollars cheep) rather then just put something that makes it seem like they came with the car.
This is my last comment as we are wrongfully cluttering this thread with off topic thoughts. You find yourself a stencil saying lexus or you could easily make one. I understand you want them to seem like they are high end calipers, but the bottom line is they are NOT Brembos man. Nobody cares if you don't own brembos, I don't have Brembos nor care what other people think, but you are essentially creating fake Brembo brakes. Therefore, it looks ridiculous because people know they are fake. Yeah, maybe you could lie to some moron who knows nothing and he would buy into it, but if you are trying to impress, try to impress the people who actually commend and appreciate what you are doing. The true enthusiasts are the ones who will appreciate big brakes and your efforts to install them to increase the look/performance of your vehicle. Your primary goal is to make your vehicle outperform the same vehicle in stock form and to match up to other higher performing vehicles. Alternatively, they will laugh and attack you because of your efforts to try and trick them. I'm an intelligent individual, I love cars, I love upgrading them performance wise/ look wise and if I saw your car in person, I would think your efforts to trick me are ridiculous in a very negative manner. I would not appreciate what you have done in terms of upgrading your vehicle. If you feel you need to further explain yourself which I will not agree, PM me.

P.S QwkSC, I apologize for going off topic on your thread.
Old 07-28-09, 11:56 PM
Drewbeeee
Pole Position

whats this thread coming too ?
Old 07-29-09, 12:01 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the painted caliper...i think it makes it look better than stock. At least you didn't try to deceive
Old 07-29-09, 12:19 AM
TumblerZ30
Driver

I dont see you yelling at everyone because they are putting soarer badges on their sc, thats tricking people.
You are relentless! Toyota came before Lexus. Toyota called it the Soarer. SC300s/Soarers share the same chassis code, therefore, putting a soarer badge on an SC is justified for those who do it. Your intentions however, are not. THEY ARE WANNABE/IMITATIONS THAT WERE NOT DESIGNED NOR PRODUCED BY THE REPUTABLE COMPANY, BREMBO.THEY ARE FAKE (you look cheap for not buying the real deal).

Originally Posted by leXxuS sC4
whats this thread coming too ?
I don't know. I'm trying to help this guy but he just doesn't get it.

Last edited by TumblerZ30; 07-29-09 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Ryeno is mentally retarded.
Old 07-29-09, 08:45 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Link to the full photoshoot, starts post #44:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-thread-3.html
Old 07-29-09, 10:10 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Very nice, the drop makes it so much sexier.
Old 07-29-09, 11:20 AM
djb5118
Lead Lap

Whatever happened to "This is my last comment as we are wrongfully cluttering this thread"

Anyways their is nothing wrong with putting brembo on your caliper. When people see the caliper they will be like "wow high performance." Which is exactly what the caliper is. And if anything brembo gets some more free publicity. Like they say the biggest form of flattery is imitation.
I don't understand your thinking...ever. There is EVERYTHING wrong with putting brembo on your caliper if they arent brembos. Can you just make your own thread and post all your ideas in there so I only have to read them when I need a laugh?

QwkSC, Looking great! Way to represent for 3k3!

Last edited by djb5118; 07-29-09 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-29-09, 11:26 AM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

nice, glad you got the bilstein setup goin. you should enjoy the ride.

and can someone ban ryeno. hes gotta be one of the most ill informed, yet opinionated people on here.
Old 07-30-09, 09:02 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looooks great man, you scraping at all?
Old 07-30-09, 09:48 AM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
looooks great man, you scraping at all?
Yea actually. The fronts rub ever so slightly on the fender. But the fender liner is mint right now.