SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 11:22 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

take them to court

have any pics of your wheels close up before the damges?
Old 08-10-09, 11:52 AM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go up there and raise hell. or get some legal action goin. raising hell tends to work though.
Old 08-10-09, 12:07 PM
818sc400
Lead Lap

damn thats bs!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-10-09 at 12:11 PM. Reason: removed cursing - please observe our TOS
Old 08-10-09, 12:15 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Go in there screaming, Find a manager. Call the Cops...
Tustin Lexus tried some crap like that with me.
I went in for a $4 part that was covered under warranty on my GS300 and they gave me a bill for $178... After the cops were came in and asked them why they are charging me for stuff I never approved, they ripped up the bill and told me to get lost and never come back... But I never paid a dime!!!
Old 08-10-09, 12:25 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude i have seen that before. I.... Ummm.. er some idiot decided to clean the inside barrel of my wheels with easy off oven cleaner. lol That **** takes the grime off down to the bare aluminum and fast. I turned the wheel around and some got on the lip. It looked exactly like your pic. Looks like a low grade acid etch on the clear coat. That wont come off dude.
Old 08-10-09, 01:42 PM
djb5118
Lead Lap

I would look into filing for court. Usually companies will give in with the threat of any lawsuit comes knocking on their door
Old 08-10-09, 02:23 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

take them to court dude. you will win 100% you didn't ask for a wash and on top of that they ruined your wheels. sue time. sue for some money. omg id be furious!
Old 08-10-09, 04:16 PM
UTSC300
Lead Lap

You want to raise hell, and do it the right way. Obviously they arn't going to give in. You need to start some court filings if you're really ready for the long haul. In my honest opinion I've seen the masses do more than one individual could ever do. http://www.plazalexus.com/MeetOurDepartments

That is a link to a web page containing all their emails . Is one of them him ? I say we band together and email the hell out of this guy. Saying that we'll never bring our lexus's to that dealership . And continue on to say we'll go out of our way to never reccomend that dealership. Say it too ten peoeple and in turn you know those ten people will do the same. It's all hear say . And he doesn't know if we live in St. Louis or not. It's just the fact of him giving his dealership a bad name. He'll change his tune in a quick and a hurry after 60 emails.

Last edited by UTSC300; 08-10-09 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 04:17 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn sorry to hear dude....not sure about the cop thing but I'm in the same boat. Brought my 2IS for recalls done, after their "complimentary" car wash there was scratches on rear bumper as well as swirl marks in my meticulously cared for BLUE ONYX PEARL paint
Old 08-10-09, 04:44 PM
QwkSC
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bangdangvn
damn sorry to hear dude....not sure about the cop thing but I'm in the same boat. Brought my 2IS for recalls done, after their "complimentary" car wash there was scratches on rear bumper as well as swirl marks in my meticulously cared for BLUE ONYX PEARL paint
I have washed cars at service shops before and I can tell you that people don't give a ****. All they want to do is wash as many cars as possible so you are going to end up with scratches, swirls, acid stains, and even some times purple window tint

it's like fast food: after working there, you usually avoid it. I make damn sure they don't touch the rims or paint. I don't care if it's dirty, I wash it myself.
Old 08-10-09, 04:53 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with your fight and I am not surprised by Lexus' response. I don't think you will win even with a lawyer unless you have pictures with dates on them prior to dropping it off.

They know they have you by the short hairs so they are playing hardball. They hear the terms "lawyers", "court" etc. all the time I am sure it doesnt phase them at all. Call an attorney, usually first consult is free, and see if you have a case.

In future ALWAYS tell them NO WASH and do a walk around of your vehicle and note it on their sheet. It was mandatory at highline dealer I worked at and I do it with every car I drop off for any work now.

Good luck
Old 08-10-09, 05:30 PM
95silversc
Rookie

Thats crap man. The best way to get their attention is to have a lawyer send them a letter. I would not cause a scene. They know only people who are not connected enough or rich enough to go above the dealers head and cause them trouble would make a big scene. Rich/connected people have their lawyers do that for them. If you know a lawyer they will prolly do it for free. Just explain the situation. They might say they cant help you without more evidence but might write a threatening letter for you anyway.

I know a lawyer who does this type of thing for me every so often. Works almost every time.
Old 08-10-09, 05:32 PM
Black Fire
Lead Lap

Raise major hell, sue big time, then use the $$$ to buy another SC.
Old 08-10-09, 05:41 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the dealers use acid based wheel cleaners. Which is why i never let the dealer wash my car.
Old 08-10-09, 06:38 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bangdangvn
Which dealership? I live down B'way from Kuni.

Quick Reply: Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!