SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 07:55 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!

I recently purchased GS as the daily driver and needed the master key so I took my GS to the Plaza Lexus Dealer, St. Louis MO.
It was Saturday morning appointment at 8:30 AM. I went there little early and waited for close to 1 hour. I just waited since I never done this before. I was thinking to myself programming a key should be 10 minute job.

It was check out time. The service guy got my attention by pointing invoice to me. I followed him into his office. He charged me $ 72.00 for the labor only. He said it was 1 hour job but he is charging me for half hour only.
I did not like his attitude at all.

I noticed my car has been washed and there were weird white stains on my wheels but I was in hurry so I just went home thinking that I can just wipe them off with the wet paper towel.

Well, they did not come off because they were etched into wheels so I went back to Plaza Lexus and told them to clean my wheels. The service guy took it back to the shop and then returned the GS in same condition.

I told him my wheels were not in that condition when I drove my GS for service. He said they did not damage my wheels and dirt just came out from wheels. He said I can probably wax it off.

I came home and I made some phone calls. My friends said the toxic chemicals stained wheels and it is really tuff to take them off even with the high speed polisher.

I called the Plaza Lexus service and complained. The service manger said he was the one who was taking care of me. He said they did not damage my wheels. I told him it was not in that condition when I took it in to the dealer.

Furthermore, why did they wash my car? I did not ask for them to wash my car. He said they wash 100s of cars nothing in their car wash damages wheels. He said he is tired of telling me this three times and then he gave me his name. He was rude and I had nothing to talk to him about so I hung up the phone.

After hang up the phone, a friend called me and said Plaza MB (same dealer) messed up his $6K IFORGE wheels on his CLS 55 AMG and basically told him to get lost.

After thinking about it for a while, I called Lexus USA and complained to them. Lexus USA suppose to call me back within next couple days. I also reviewed the invoice and found a misc shop supplies for $ 9.38. The master key was pre paid $156 so I need to find out why did they charge me for $ 9.38.

I just cannot believe these idiots damaged my Roja wheels.

Before

After car wash from Plaza Lexus Dealer, St. Louis MO.

Old 08-09-09, 08:11 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

damn that sucks. Just keep fighting!
Old 08-09-09, 08:46 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

we wash all the cars are my work after we do anything to them. the people who wash the cars are dumbasses who dont know **** and **** cars up all the time. we only charge 1/2 an hour for key program at audi. the detailers at my work spray this **** on wheels when they wash them at my work. as you can see i hate the car washers at my work
Old 08-09-09, 09:51 PM
OMD
Pole Position

i would blow his car up!!!! i hate people like this!
Old 08-09-09, 11:04 PM
tjschnei
Driver

Some people are just idiots, some of that wheel cleaner stuff is really harsh, it tells you to only let it sit for 15-20 seconds and if it sits longer can and will do damage to the polish of the wheel. Also a lot of times those chemicals ruin and strip the clear coat so it becomes quite easy to stain and ruin a wheel which looks like might be the case in your situation. Dont know what to tell you besides its bull and sorry to hear that it happened, best of luck though with Lexus USA.
Old 08-09-09, 11:51 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yep the culprit is the wheel cleaner stuff...that stuff is very strong. Not meant for polished wheels. I made the mistake of spraying some into my face and that stuff burns...
Old 08-09-09, 11:58 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks to hear that, very dumb on behalf of the dealership. Good thing, however, is perfect time to get new wheels!!!
Old 08-10-09, 02:38 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

They are full of it when they say that they had nothing that could damage the wheels. I used to detail for a couple high end dealerships and the lot/wash crew's mistakes got sent up daily with the same exact damage. The product was referred to as "Slam" at the dealership I worked at. Basically what "Slam" was, was a very powerful all purpose cleaner that should be watered down A LOT, but even when it was, that would happen when used on aluminum. They are probably using a similar product and trying to cover for it. I remember Steve Hutchinson (former Seahawk and now with the Vikings) had it happen to his 21" HRE's, he was FURIOUS with the owner and the manager, but I, being the hero that I am, fixed it up with some steel wool, polish, and a little elbow grease. If left on too long it will permanently damage the finish. Sign up to Detailcity.org and look up their DIY's. Hope this helped some and keep fighting those ******!
Old 08-10-09, 03:51 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

man that blows, I hate when people don't fess up after messing something up.
Old 08-10-09, 05:10 AM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

time for a powdercoat and beat down?
Old 08-10-09, 07:36 AM
95silversc
Rookie

rob them blind then burn the whole dealership down thatll learn em
Old 08-10-09, 09:21 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

this is not uncommon for dealerships. ive seen it several times. its this reason why i only wash my wheels with water only.

if he does not want to resolve the issue, tell him you will call Lexus corp. to get it straightened out. He'll probably change his attitude.
Old 08-10-09, 10:31 AM
CTS-SC4
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow! That is horrible man, I have heard horror stories of the Lexus dealers washing a customer's car and having horrible swirl marks and all. But I haven't seen anything of this sort of terror before. Plaza deals with alot of High-end stuff you wouldn't think they would screw you like that. It sucks to see that man, keep fighting it but this could be one of those lost causes where you might have trouble proving it. I would say possibly cut your losses and see if the hubcap & wheel store in the city could fix it, and never do business with Plaza again. I had a bent wheel get fixed by them due to me slamming a pothole I didn't see and I was amazed at the quality and workmanship they did.
Old 08-10-09, 10:33 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

good luck man, hope it all turns out well.
Old 08-10-09, 11:16 AM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Just received a phone call from Lexus USA.

She said she talk to the Plaza Lexus Service Manger and Lexus USA is not going to do anything about this situation. I asked her if I could send pictures to her. She said she deals on telephone base only. She said I could send pictures to the Plaza Lexus.

She said the AFTERMARKET WHEELS ARE NOT LEXUS PRODUCT so they cannot do anything. Furthermore, Plaza Lexus washes 100s of cars and they have no problem with other cars.

I told her to stop repeating what the Plaza Lexus Service Manger told me, I told her my car went in for the service, they washed my car without my consent and they damage my wheels.

I asked her why did Plaza Lexus washed my car without my consent? She said that is a good gesture on their part.

WOW!

Quick Reply: Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!