SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

97+ front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02, 11:24 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clint's BOV is located where the left fog lamp would go, that's why they've been removed. And lexlikenother is right, there is no add-on spoiler for 97-2K. I worked carefully with my bodyshop to do the conversion.
- Jon
Attached Thumbnails 97+ front bumper-compressed-front-view.jpg  
Old 04-15-02, 02:21 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Din
SO I will need the followin items for the front end conversion right..

Front bumper cover
Foam
Spoiler
Grill
foglights
so i wont need the spolier so I should save some money then.
Old 04-15-02, 05:48 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

lexlikenoother, I have no idea why you called me a p**** but that's cool. It's easy to talk crap over the net. I have no idea why you had to get nasty like that. But like I said. No biggo. I know that if we ever meet up you'll get banged.

Din,
I have no idea why I said spoiler??? I was quoting the 92 spoiler that you can replace. That's obviously not needed. I should have mine finished on Monday. I will post some pics up.

Peace
Old 04-16-02, 01:06 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Default Thanks but no thanks

Yeah, thanks for the offer hoops, but I only like to get banged by my girlfriend. Just because you don't know jack **** about cars, and I do, don't blame it on me.
Old 04-16-02, 02:10 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Din,

Sorry bro' the price is still around $900. I added the spoiler which was incorrect, BUT the fogs are $175 a piece in my neck of the woods.

lexlikenoother, I will stop with you because this isn't what the forum is about. I see you're a newbie to the club so I know how it is. I came in talkin' shi* just like you. You'll settle down after you get a feel for the club and see that this is supposed to be a source of info. (Sometimes bad info!) Chill Bro'.

Peace

Last edited by hoops_24; 04-16-02 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-16-02, 04:35 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

The only reason i was talkin ***** was b/c you dont know what youre talking about. I might be a newer member to this club than you, but i know a hell of a lot more than you. you might want to learn about what youre talkin about first before you go around saying i give out bad info. youre right this club is to find out more info and youre not giving out correct info so why are you even a member?! so just b/c you dont know stuff about your car doesnt mean you can sit here and insult me. not my fault you dont know anything, so back off jerk.
Old 04-16-02, 06:39 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

**** guys, its the ****ing internet. I really dont see any point in fighting. Neither of you will ever see each other so why all the **** talk? Lex, no need to come in here and call him a pussey, hoops, no need to retaliate by telling him "hell get banged if u meet up", I would have thought you handled his senseless ****talking quite well if it werent for that last line. Both of you go have a beer or something. CHILL (especially you lex)

Lexluthor, is your front windsheild tinted? if so how much?

Jason
Old 04-16-02, 07:27 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

about parts cost... It seems like you guys are really killing yourselves. If you're willing to go used, there are plenty of good deals... Check fogs on www.car-part.com the parts all have to be reasonably new... heck fogs only got onto the SC in 97, so they're only 6 years old TOPS. Look for a junkyard like www.taprecycling.com in a rust free area of the country. It's just a thought if you're willing to take the risk.

John
Old 04-17-02, 02:59 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Luthor,

You said you "worked closely" with your body guy. Is there anything I should look out for? I know the alignment of the lights is vital and also the paint blend. Is there anything else that I should let the body guy know i'll be looking for.

Again, thanks for the input.

Supra Coupe you're right. That last line was a flash of anger. It's over and done with as far as i'm concerned. Thanks for the info on the fogs. My car goes in Monday the 22nd so I can still try and take advantage of the used price. If you save me some money I'll send you a bobble head doll or something....

Last edited by hoops_24; 04-17-02 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 07:38 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason, the windshield isn't tinted, the rest of the windows are just pretty dark, so it looks that way, and if you tint your windshield i'll call you a pimp for a month straight, don't do it bro. hoops, fight me! As far as the bumper, go with new parts, it's worth it, obviously get the blend right, make sure the hi-beams come flush with the bumper, don't let your bodyman tell you that's as good as he can get it, I made my guy re-do it four times until I was happy (yeah he ******ed, but I told him when he took the job that I was a stickler, and that he wouldn't get paid until it was right, it ended up being a whole saga, which I won't get into, but the update came out perfect in the end). Also, as I may have mentioned, there is a bit of wiring to do, the newer style fog lamps have a different plug, and you can't buy just that part of the harness from Lexus, you'd have to buy the whole front harness, so you'll have to make something. That's basically it, get in touch with me if you need any more details, and make sure they put all the hardware back, my bodyguy didn't, I ended up ordering all the hardware for the front from Lexus, just so I could replace anything that was missing, and have some spares of every clip and bolt that under there. I'm starting to think I have more in stock here than my local Lexus dealer does. And don't let him try and trim the old foam support, make sure he uses the new one, it's worth it for $45.
- Jon
Attached Thumbnails 97+ front bumper-compressed-2k-bumper-unpainted-up-close-10-10-01.jpg  
Old 04-17-02, 11:40 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Luthor, No thanks on the fight! I see you boxed also. I trained with a guy named Donald Curry in Dallas, Texas back in the late 80's. Ring a bell? I'm old and slow now though. PM me if you have some old pics or want to share some stories.

Anyhow, I'm soo hyped about the new front. The guy doing mine is a friend so i'm sure he's gonna do me right. But I "don't know **** about cars" so I'm a little apprehensive getting the front of my Lex pulled off. Like I said, I'll be posting some pics up as soon as she's done.

Peace

Last edited by hoops_24; 04-17-02 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 02:05 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

I was putting on the bumper today, and I was trying to see why the 97 bumper wouldn't come flush. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's because of the plastic piece on the high beams that are towards the inside. I had the bumper pulled back some, and I lined up all of the holes, but I didn't get to push it backwards b/c I was pressed for time. But it looks like those plastic pieces fit over the foam bumper support. Anyway, Lex Luthor, do you know how your bodyshop guy got the bumper to fit flush with the high beams? The reinforcement's are the same part numbers, but the screws that hold them in are different. So I was thinking that the screws might be either longer or shorter. So if anybody knows how to get the bumper flush with the high beams, I would appreciate it.
Old 05-19-04, 02:55 PM
Addicted2R
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by lexlikenother
I was putting on the bumper today, and I was trying to see why the 97 bumper wouldn't come flush. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's because of the plastic piece on the high beams that are towards the inside. I had the bumper pulled back some, and I lined up all of the holes, but I didn't get to push it backwards b/c I was pressed for time. But it looks like those plastic pieces fit over the foam bumper support. Anyway, Lex Luthor, do you know how your bodyshop guy got the bumper to fit flush with the high beams? The reinforcement's are the same part numbers, but the screws that hold them in are different. So I was thinking that the screws might be either longer or shorter. So if anybody knows how to get the bumper flush with the high beams, I would appreciate it.
I'm sorry this is an old thread (When I use search this is what it pulls out) but I'm having the same problem with him! How do I make the high beams flush with the bumper? I have a SC 95 with the aftermarket front bumper and the high beams doesn't sit flush with it.

Any help will be great!
Old 05-19-04, 03:09 PM
MrJohnTan
Lexus Champion

I also have a 95 with a 97+ that i installed myself and the headlights fit perfectly. But then again mine is OEM.
Old 05-19-04, 04:58 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd do a search on headlight housings -- there was a thread about two years ago talking about that problem. Some people seem to think that the 97 highbeams are a slightly different shape, hence the finicky fit.

Lex Luthor manages to fit a round peg into a square hole all the time, so he doesn't count ;-)