SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What's the difference in fart cans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 02:11 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theory5150
Would you consider the blitz nur-spec duals with 2.5" piping to the cat fart cans? Please say no, i just put them on lol
Nope, that combo is high in the running for my own exhaust.

Originally Posted by gadgetSC
Cans X2.....Yes, they are loud
Sick. What are they?

Originally Posted by Ryeno
Are you serious?

You made a thread with the first sentence saying " i drive muscle cars so i call every (import tuner) exhaust a "fart can."

Maybe you didnt realize it but a "fart can" is a derogatory term aka an insult.

Your sentence conveys that your are ignorant and that your not open-mided aka dont want to learn.

So if you actually want constructive input, maybe you should learn how to ask for it.
Don't you dare put words in my mouth and then call me out on them. If you reread what I actually said, your rephrase is wholly inaccurate. I said that due to my muscle car background, I use the term "fart can" because that's the only term for them that I know of. Obviously it's derogatory, which is why I started a thread looking for more info. If I had called the thread "Anyone with a big import-style muffler is a retard", that would have been an insult. You're the only one butthurt here, so maybe it's somewhat accurate anyway.

Originally Posted by t70 supra
some people here dont like those words but then they dont know crap about there own car lol
Do tell.

Originally Posted by roxanne
I don't think he's meaning to offend anyone by calling them "fart cans". Let's face it, there or several imports that really do sound like that. Just poking a bit of fun...some people need to stop being so sensitive
Precisely.

Originally Posted by roxanne
This is actually an issue I battle my dad on all the time. He's all about the V8 muscle with little patience for much else. I personally am trying to finish my exhaust with tanabe medallion touring mufflers...I showed him a sound clip and he laughs and says "sure, go ahead and turn that nice car into a ricer". Jackass
See, I'm obviously not a close-minded domestic muscle guy. Both of my Mustangs were turbo four-cylinder cars, and now that I own all Toyotas, I finally have a V8 car. Go figure.

Before joining this board, I'd never seen or heard "fart-can" style mufflers on a V8. RedPhoenix's car sounds amazing so I'm looking to learn more about that style of muffler, hence the thread.

Last edited by Asha'man; 08-23-09 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-23-09, 02:15 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t70 supra
there difference in fart can vs a hi out exhaust muffler is how the air flows outta the exhuast from the baffle also the diamiter of the piping makes a huge difference on hp gains and noise
K, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Is there a baffle inside the canister? If so, logically the design of that would definitely affect the tone and quality of the sound.

Honduhs pretty much sound like *** no matter what, from what I've seen; do they typically have small-diameter piping that terminates in a huge canister? That seems like it would definitely cause or increase the wet-fart sound.....
Old 08-23-09, 07:47 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Maybe you should not be a jackass.
That's like telling a crackhead to chew some mints instead.

Are you serious?
Your sentence conveys that your are ignorant and that your not open-minded aka dont want to learn.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Hey Ryeno...Thanks for the definition of derogatory. God knows you work with it like Picasso works with paint.

Fart Can
Fart Pipe
Soup Can
Fetus Shooter
Grapefruit Shooter
Douche Cannon
Rice-zooka
Rice Muffler
Shut the hell up exhaust!

Now...anyone want to bicker like teenage girls anymore. Seriously, I feel like I'm driving the short bus to special school with some of these posts.

Give the guy the answers he's looking for or don't post.
Old 08-23-09, 07:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Are you serious?

Your sentence conveys that your are ignorant and that your not open-mided aka dont want to learn.

So if you actually want constructive input, maybe you should learn how to ask for it.
well maybe you should learn the names of what you are talking about.

FYI a "fat can" is a canister type muffler the makes a fart noise when the engine revs. Or a "bees in a can" sound.

A canister muffler may or may not be a "fart can" but is cylindrical in shape.

Maybe you should reword your post so more people can understand what you are asking.
Originally Posted by Asha'man
Maybe you should not be a jackass. The thread is designed for me to learn more about what you call "canister mufflers" and what I call "fart cans". Constructive input is appreciated.
This thread is closed. Guys, we're not going to put up with the name calling and attacks on our forum

Asha'man, I understand you started this thread with the intention of it being humorous, but reacting to other posts with personal insults and taking your own thread down the toilet isn't appropriate.