SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Information about 1994 Lexus SC300

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 01:22 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information about 1994 Lexus SC300

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and was just wondering if I could have some more information about a 1994 Lexus SC300 because I am about to purchase one. I am just trying to get as much information about that model and year Lexus so I am more educated about it. I have looked everywhere on the internet for more general information about it and Wikipedia has been the only help and very little help to me at that. Can anyone tell me if there were different trim levels for the SC300 in the 1994 year? Also, how much similar is the motor to the 2JZ-GTE Supra motor? Does the SC300 come with factory installed HIDs? Because I noticed projector headlamps on the front of the car. What else should I know about this car before I purchase it? If anyone can help me with these questions and other information about this car, that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-09, 02:12 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Ummmmm YES!

http://intellexual.net/faq.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...self-here.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...lick-here.html
Old 08-27-09, 04:08 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Since this is your first post ever I'd say you need to look for the information you need in the search box^ Its all there.
Old 08-27-09, 10:27 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Engine is similar but doesn't have turbo's, you can add one if you want but you will need to do research first..... It has projectors but no HID's from the factory but most people run the plug and play kits off ebay etc..... Trim levels are minimal, some rare cars had cloth interior and some had no sunroof etc.... but for the most part they are all the same and all came fully loaded, as for things to look out for the engine is damn near bulletproof and with proper maint. will run 250k+ easily, mechanically they are great however..... the expensive stuff is on the body and interior with items like headlights and tail lights that cost an arm and a leg, interior pieces are also expensive etc.... climate control screens need replaced, needles burn out etc...If you get into a minor fender bender it will likely be totaled due to the cost of repair exceeding the cars value. Basically its a GREAT car but it requires a LOT of maintenance to keep it nice so if you are on a budget and cant afford to constantly sink cash into it then i would look elsewhere....

I would say 80% on this forum buy these cars with big dreams of building a budget supra but in reality modding it to that level would cost WAY MORE than just buying a supra to begin with, The same 80% cant even afford to properly maintain the car and end up either giving up and selling or turning it into a run down POS. Bottom line is the SC is not a cheap car to own or mod.
Old 08-28-09, 12:17 AM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Engine is similar but doesn't have turbo's, you can add one if you want but you will need to do research first..... It has projectors but no HID's from the factory but most people run the plug and play kits off ebay etc..... Trim levels are minimal, some rare cars had cloth interior and some had no sunroof etc.... but for the most part they are all the same and all came fully loaded, as for things to look out for the engine is damn near bulletproof and with proper maint. will run 250k+ easily, mechanically they are great however..... the expensive stuff is on the body and interior with items like headlights and tail lights that cost an arm and a leg, interior pieces are also expensive etc.... climate control screens need replaced, needles burn out etc...If you get into a minor fender bender it will likely be totaled due to the cost of repair exceeding the cars value. Basically its a GREAT car but it requires a LOT of maintenance to keep it nice so if you are on a budget and cant afford to constantly sink cash into it then i would look elsewhere....

I would say 80% on this forum buy these cars with big dreams of building a budget supra but in reality modding it to that level would cost WAY MORE than just buying a supra to begin with, The same 80% cant even afford to properly maintain the car and end up either giving up and selling or turning it into a run down POS. Bottom line is the SC is not a cheap car to own or mod.
Okay, great! Thank you for your help! That is the kind of response I needed, not the traditional forum reply, "Oh, you're the new guy, just click this link or search to find your answers and **** off". Not very welcoming in my eyes. Anyway, I do keep up on my cars, the car I am looking at has the temperature needle burnt out which can't be too hard to fix. As long as I change the oil and flush/renew fluids and do maintenance when the manual says to I should be okay as far as the maintenance goes right?
Old 08-28-09, 04:53 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

I gave you links two of which had the information you were looking for.

Heaven Forbid anyone to have to READ for themselves.
Old 08-28-09, 11:14 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity

Owned.

10char
Old 08-28-09, 11:26 PM
TumblerZ30
Driver

Originally Posted by neurocity

Originally Posted by felixsc300
Owned.

10char
Effin hilarious.........

rooticon, im not looking to attack you or insult you, but all the questions you're asking have been answered 100,000 times before. Instead of clogging up the forum with useless threads to sift through (like this one) just use the search bar and you will have no trouble finding the information you need. Threads like these make it difficult to find the ones that contain useful and detailed information.