SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Dynamat Liner

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-09, 07:08 AM
thomastmbg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynamat Liner

Has anyone used both Dynamat and Dynamat liner? If so, did you hear(or not hear) a difference with the liner on top of the Dynamat?
Old 09-01-09, 07:33 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

dynamat liner made a difference with interior panel vibes, where the bare dynamat was a little hard and would make a tapping noise against interior panels when bass hit (rear quarter panels/rear deck lid), the liner cushioned that and made it just that much quieter inside, but keep in mind that dynamats main purpose is to fight resonance not so much rattles, so wrapping the liner over interior panels is always a good thing (i mean besides the weight gains)
Old 09-01-09, 07:35 AM
thomastmbg
Driver

Originally Posted by sueno2jz
dynamat liner made a difference with interior panel vibes, where the bare dynamat was a little hard and would make a tapping noise against interior panels when bass hit (rear quarter panels/rear deck lid), the liner cushioned that and made it just that much quieter inside, but keep in mind that dynamats main purpose is to fight resonance not so much rattles, so wrapping the liner over interior panels is always a good thing (i mean besides the weight gains)
How does yours sound with both? If you can quantify it...I want the inside to be tomb like
Old 09-01-09, 07:51 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

well as far as outside noise entering the car its almost non existent with the windows up, my neighbor was pressure washing with a commercial pressure washer (gas powered) and when i shut the door it was gone, i actually opened the door to see if he turned it off or not, and nope it was still on, but as far as the interior sound, i have 6 dynamat trunks kits and 4 liner kits installed and dont think i can do much more besides filling the doors with concrete but our interiors are built pretty well from the factory, and the acoustics of the car are also pretty well (i,e speaker placement/driver position/sound deadening), so it is what it is,...
Old 09-01-09, 07:57 AM
thomastmbg
Driver

Thanks...I have the Dynamat extreme bulk kit and will need more, do you think that the extreme and the trunk kits are comparable?
Old 09-01-09, 08:05 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

umm, couldn't tell yah, i got the trunk kits for like 20 bux a piece so i bought them, just look at price per square footage and you'll be golden