SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another SC Possibly Down :\

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09 | 05:27 PM
MissyLexxx
Lead Lap

Wow, these Scs really hold up against impact! Glad ur ok!
Old 09-02-09 | 05:32 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

wow man that really sucks.

Plans for another SC? Hope so
Old 09-02-09 | 06:10 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Damn. Must've been one hell of an impact to misalign the driver's fender. Hopefully you are okay, keep us updated on the car.
Old 09-02-09 | 06:16 PM
lexdud
Pole Position

Mole, our cars are pretty "old" and insurance adjusters like to write them off as total losses. If they do this to you fight for the MAX allowed for your car ..l. then try to recover by going out and buying a replacement. If they total her remember her the way she was .. then move on. Hopefully you will be able to find another that will (at least) partially fills the void left by losing her.

Whatever you do ... do not leave the forums!
Old 09-02-09 | 08:00 PM
Ryeno
Banned

EDIT : i read your second post. With the fan shroud destoryed and wheel damage etc. its going to be a total loss. Sorry dude.

On a side note, Dont take any offanse but can i please switch over my 97+ rear bumper, side skirts and door moldings with your 97+ parts. Mine are in worse condition then yours (minor scratches). Hell i will even pay you some money for them and do all the work swapping them. Plus since both our cars are white the insurance collector will never know. Of course this is after they declare it a total loss and declare the amount they will pay but before they pick it up. I'll get some nicer body panels and you'll get a little extra cash.

p.s. if you actually align your side mirrors correctly. That is as soon as the car leaves the rear mirror, it enters the side mirror. You dont need those secondary mirrors since your only blind sport will be right next to your door and you can easily turn your head to check on it.

Last edited by Ryeno; 09-02-09 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-02-09 | 08:46 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Man.... Not another one! Sorry bud... That front end is swung over. That baby is done. Buy it back and part it out!
Old 09-02-09 | 09:08 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryeno
EDIT : i read your second post. With the fan shroud destoryed and wheel damage etc. its going to be a total loss. Sorry dude.

On a side note, Dont take any offanse but can i please switch over my 97+ rear bumper, side skirts and door moldings with your 97+ parts. Mine are in worse condition then yours (minor scratches). Hell i will even pay you some money for them and do all the work swapping them. Plus since both our cars are white the insurance collector will never know. Of course this is after they declare it a total loss and declare the amount they will pay but before they pick it up. I'll get some nicer body panels and you'll get a little extra cash.

p.s. if you actually align your side mirrors correctly. That is as soon as the car leaves the rear mirror, it enters the side mirror. You dont need those secondary mirrors since your only blind sport will be right next to your door and you can easily turn your head to check on it.

I know how to use those smaller mirrors to my advantage in driving and especially in parking.

As with the rest of your inquiry my calm response is that it may be too troublesome for me, but I'll let you know.
Old 09-02-09 | 09:14 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by TheMole
I know how to use those smaller mirrors to my advantage in driving and especially in parking.
they are not necessary but enough of that lets not waste a thread debating that.
As with the rest of your inquiry my calm response is that it may be too troublesome for me, but I'll let you know.
Not really. All you have to do is wait until after they inspect it. Then they will call you up or mail you a check. They may or may not let you keep the car. If they tell you we are going to take the car in 2 day all you have to do is contract me. I'll drive over, even if its at midnight. Then swap over the parts.

I've done this 3 times now so i am really efficient at it.

Then the guy will come to pick up the car and they will take it. They'll never know and wont care about the body panels since the check will already be sent to you. So you'll get a little bit extra over what you would get just letting them take the car.
Old 09-02-09 | 09:23 PM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

^ good to see that you're telling him what to do...

maybe he was just being nice, but MAYBE he doesn't actually want to give\sell you the parts.

hope to see a new Sc in your hands, theMole!
Old 09-02-09 | 09:26 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ryeno

Then the guy will come to pick up the car and they will take it. They'll never know and wont care about the body panels since the check will already be sent to you. So you'll get a little bit extra over what you would get just letting them take the car.
Thanks but I know how the process goes already. When I say troublesome I am talking about the time needed to meet up and swap the parts out. Like I said, I'll let you know...
Old 09-02-09 | 10:05 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Thanks but I know how the process goes already. When I say troublesome I am talking about the time needed to meet up and swap the parts out. Like I said, I'll let you know...
I just want to finally be able to wash my car and be proud instead of keeping it dirty so it doesn't reveal the flaws
Old 09-02-09 | 10:09 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Such a nice SC...another one bites the dust..... Sorry it happened man.
Old 09-03-09 | 05:47 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Noooooo Man down Damn dog theres hope fix that mother
Old 09-03-09 | 06:30 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

damn what a bad one bro good luck with it
Old 09-13-09 | 02:36 AM
2700$oarer
Rookie

the car is not totaled. based on what you say the ab passenger side sensor has been severed or crushed. they run under the front l and r fenders. whoever said the frame was tweeked is wrong just by looking at the pics. it will be appraised at a ridiculous price though, cause it lexus oem parts going on their with lexus labor=/ by looking at the pics front assembly reinforcement is bent, front right fender toast, hub assembly toast with control arms, steering components questionably repairable, boots toasted, alignment toast, shock might be toast, foglight is toast. cruise control will be out of whack, marker light cracked maybe, front sway bar will be shifted. fan shroud is nothing and if your radiator is not leaking your alittle better, they actually make f1 fenders for this car now, your hood is fine. it just comes down to your blue book and part searching..

Last edited by 2700$oarer; 09-13-09 at 02:37 AM. Reason: forgot stuff

Quick Reply: Another SC Possibly Down :\