SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so i cant get a title for the grey car what to do now OPTIONS NEEDED !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 10:13 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default so i cant get a title for the grey car what to do now OPTIONS NEEDED !!!

well most of u know i joined this site 3 years ago with my grey car. needless to say the title was before i got to put it in my name. i have filed all the inital paperwork to get a title and today i recived a letter stating that i cannot title the car. the car is in running condition but i dont know what to do with it i tried to sell it for 1k as a complete parts car but most people are to far so what should i do with it i would donate the whote car but i dont know who to. i make under 30k a year so there my tax credit gone. that car only has 145k is still running hard i would like to drive it in the winter can i get some help if i can get it sold but..

i really want to sell the car for a ac knock off kit yea i support knock offs.

Old 09-05-09, 10:22 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Having two is nice. I had a pair myself for a few years. I wouldn't get rid of a car just for a kit, especially not for a knockoff. Keep it and when the other one goes down you either have parts or can swap plates.

Old 09-05-09, 10:47 PM
schwarz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you've 'owned' and driven a car for 3 years with no title? Good luck selling it for anything. Basically you're screwed since you can't legally sell the car without a title in your name.
Old 09-05-09, 10:57 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur with O.L.T. Keep it!
Old 09-05-09, 11:46 PM
scfocus
Pole Position

Why can't you title it?

@ OLT: Can I see some more pics of that black sc ^
Old 09-06-09, 12:01 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i have the bill of sale and other documents that came witht he car just not the title
Old 09-06-09, 12:06 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if there is no way to title the thing make it a track car! or you could always claim you got vins stolen and everything.. rip them all off and then do some paper work at the DMV and they will issue you new vins and a title just show them the bill of sale and other info...
Old 09-06-09, 12:09 AM
Ryeno
Banned

so you were driving the car for 3yrs without registration?
Originally Posted by Cleanshots
if there is no way to title the thing make it a track car! or you could always claim you got vins stolen and everything.. rip them all off and then do some paper work at the DMV and they will issue you new vins and a title just show them the bill of sale and other info...
have you actually done that? Cuz if all you needed was bill of sale with missing vins....well that just seems like an easy loop hole for stolen cars. I just cant see the dmv issuing you new vins period, i would think they would just tell you to go to the dealership with the title and order new vins.
Old 09-06-09, 12:19 AM
schwarz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ryeno
so you were driving the car for 3yrs without registration?

have you actually done that? Cuz if all you needed was bill of sale with missing vins....well that just seems like an easy loop hole for stolen cars. I just cant see the dmv issuing you new vins period, i would think they would just tell you to go to the dealership with the title and order new vins.
You can get new vin's issued with a bonded title but that's an iffy situation. Basically the DMV gets a hold of the previous owners and if they claim the car, it is theirs. You're out the money and car. If the previous owner said it was sold to said party, then a cash bond must be held by the DMV for usually 3 years before a regular title is issued. Note, not all states will do bonded titles.
Old 09-06-09, 04:25 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

buy a wrecked SC with a clean title and swap vins lol..
Old 09-06-09, 05:26 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just slowly part the car out .I'm sure you end up making more then a grand.The best thing is you can pick and choose what to sell or what to keep..Best of luck..
Old 09-06-09, 02:02 PM
RedNeckLex
Driver School Candidate

Broadway Title.....check them out.
Old 09-06-09, 05:38 PM
Toshima
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with the bonded title. I bought a 240sx years ago with no title. I had to go to the dmv with the bill of sale. You have to do some paper work and then they send you a note saying no you cant have the title. You then take it to a place that does bonded titles you pay a small fee witch was $100 for the 240. The fee is if someone comes with the title and say I want my car back, then they will pay them what the car was worth. You take the bonded title back to the dmv and they give you stickers, plates, and a title that says bonded. After 1 or 3 years of having the car they will send you a clear title. You can always sale the car with a bonded title also.
Old 09-06-09, 10:18 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toshima
I would go with the bonded title. I bought a 240sx years ago with no title. I had to go to the dmv with the bill of sale. You have to do some paper work and then they send you a note saying no you cant have the title. You then take it to a place that does bonded titles you pay a small fee witch was $100 for the 240. The fee is if someone comes with the title and say I want my car back, then they will pay them what the car was worth. You take the bonded title back to the dmv and they give you stickers, plates, and a title that says bonded. After 1 or 3 years of having the car they will send you a clear title. You can always sale the car with a bonded title also.
Lol same thing here with my 240. I paid 150 though, cause mine is a convertible so the value is a bit higher. The only way you'll lose the car is IF the previous owner comes up with the title.
Old 09-07-09, 06:08 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Thanx eeryone for the help so far i am not parting out the car as of yet

Quick Reply: so i cant get a title for the grey car what to do now OPTIONS NEEDED !!!