SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 10:46 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryeno
good job remoing that ka something thing on the rear window. As for the color idk what u are talking about. 97+ tails look sick on my white sc.

Somehow i doubt the dealership installed a wrong color badge onto the car.

flattery of what? toyota badge = shame.
Ok, let's end this and get back on topic
A:Never liked 97 tails.
B: Eh, they did apparently, because it's bolted on there like the regular emblems.
C: That's what you think, many others think differently. I could care less what badge my car has, as long as it does what it's supposed to, I could care less.
Old 09-09-09, 10:46 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by megamarine
lol, imitation is the best form of flattery.
I disagree...imitation is the failure of personal expression, and the lack of ingenuity..you get to many people following imitation, you have a heard of sheep..

say for instance, a Lex NOOB like I was not too long ago, comes along and sees your car with flebay tails, Soarer badges (please dont do it), and a funky body kit, if he were to imitate your car, and someone after him and so on...the SC becomes the new 240sx/Civic..hence, my car is staying in stock form as much as possible to savor the fact that I drive a Lexus SC300 and I dont feel that I have to re-badge it to something its not, nor do I need to put cheap parts on it to make it look cool.

oh and by the way, Lexus badges are not BOLTED on to a car..your VVT-i badge is NOT factory...its not even straight.

Last edited by turbodremz; 09-09-09 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-09-09, 10:49 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I disagree...imitation is the failure of personal expression, and the lack of ingenuity..you get to many people following imitation, you have a heard of sheep..
The term is highly circumstantial. I do believe you have taken it out of context, my friend. S'alright.
Old 09-09-09, 10:49 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry ive never been big on the fake badging thing, just like its gay for most honda's to have mad jdm TYPE R stikerz yo, imo its also gay to PRETEND your lexus is a "soarer"
Your car is what it is, it came as a lexus so leave it at that....

and megamarine.... you ruined your car, your headlights/tail lights are ricey as $h!t your car now SCREAMS "IM A BEANER" whats next??? chain steering wheel??? type R stickers????

........... Now awaiting "mommy dave" to edit/delete my post as usual......
Old 09-09-09, 10:52 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3

and megamarine.... you ruined your car, your headlights/tail lights are ricey as ***** your car now SCREAMS "IM A BEANER" whats next??? chain steering wheel??? type R stickers????

........... Now awaiting "mommy dave" to edit/delete my post as usual......
Your opinion, dude. Your opinion. And wtf did the steering wheel comment come from? Sounds like someone has racial issues. And you wouldn't be saying anything if you saw the car in person. Man, I pity you and your close-mindedness.
Old 09-09-09, 10:52 PM
Ryeno
Banned

+1 with INEEDANSC3 except i believe its okay to fake badge stuff when its an improvement. Like badging a soarer lexus or badging sumitomo brembo.

And yes M, you basically turned your lexus sc300 into a honda integra with a red badge.
Old 09-09-09, 10:56 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

+1 with INEEDANSC3 except i believe its okay to fake badge stuff when its an improvement. Like badging a soarer lexus or badging sumitomo brembo.

And yes M, you basically turned your lexus sc300 into a honda integra with a red badge.

Who the *** does that anyways? I already said it, I didn't add the badge, it came that way via the dealer.
Old 09-09-09, 10:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

keep the business suit (Lexus badge) but take the heart (1JZ)
Old 09-09-09, 10:58 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kaydee
keep the business suit (Lexus badge) but take the heart (1JZ)
I like the sound of that...
Old 09-09-09, 11:00 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Who the *** does that anyways? I already said it, I didn't add the badge, it came that way via the dealer.
its not just the badge, its everything. From the altezza euro tail lights and the ricer headlights, that sparco plate (poser?) and that gaint decal. The vvt-i vtec badge is just the icing on the cake.

I mean everyone does a ricer mod here and their but your car is just those mods, their is nothing proformance about it even tho you do have a good platform to build off. Thats why i think its like a honda integra, because all you are doing is no performance honda mods.

No offense dude but I and half this forum think you are going down the wrong road. I can litterly see next mod being type r badges.
Old 09-09-09, 11:03 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

its not just the badge, its everything. From the altezza euro tail lights and the ricer headlights, that sparco plate (poser?) and that gaint decal. The vvt-i vtec badge is just the icing on the cake.

I mean everyone does a ricer mod here and their but your car is just those mods, their is nothing proformance about it even tho you do have a good platform to build off. Thats why i think its like a honda integra, because all you are doing is no performance honda mods.

No offense dude but I and half this forum think you are going down the wrong road. I can litterly see next mod being type r badges.
I'm sorry, but are you incapable of reading? Ive posted what it has. I'd definitely say a Turbo setup with a T70 qualifies.

Not a single person I know, that's normal dislikes the new lights. Most of them think it's an improvement since the old ones were all fogged up. The Sparco plates are temporary since the old brackets broke. And I took off the vinyl a long time ago, mainly because I was drunk when I put it on. Also, I highly doubt a dozen people qualify as half this forum.

And last but not least.

READ
Old 09-09-09, 11:06 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

Your opinion, dude. Your opinion. And wtf did the steering wheel comment come from? Sounds like someone has racial issues. And you wouldn't be saying anything if you saw the car in person. Man, I pity you and your close-mindedness.
Yes my opinion, the steering wheel comment came from thats a common beaner mod, and since your car looks like a beaner mobile im surprised it doesn't have one.
I dont have racial issues i NEVER said i didn't like beaners or anyone for that matter of fact im just not PC and i call it like it is and dont give a ****, I can drive to the local flea market and point to every car in the parking lot and tell you if the owner is white/black or a beaner just by looking at it. If i see a camaro with some "back off" mudflaps and a rebel flag air freshener on the rearview id bet it belongs to a white redneck, if i saw a chevy caprice with 22" rims and 8 6x9's on the back dash id bet the owner was black, and if i saw a civic with chrome spinning hub caps,fender vents,altezza lights,big wing,horrible paint job and a chain steering wheel id bet it belongs to a beaner..... now tell me im wrong????

Yes i would say something if i saw your car in person, id say "that SC looks like **** who the **** would ruin a lexus like that?????" (see above)
Old 09-09-09, 11:07 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INEEDANSC3
Yes my opinion, the steering wheel comment came from thats a common beaner mod, and since your car looks like a beaner mobile im surprised it doesn't have one.
I dont have racial issues i NEVER said i didn't like beaners or anyone for that matter of fact im just not PC and i call it like it is and dont give a ****, I can drive to the local flea market and point to every car in the parking lot and tell you if the owner is white/black or a beaner just by looking at it. If i see a camaro with some "back off" mudflaps and a rebel flag air freshener on the rearview id bet it belongs to a white redneck, if i saw a chevy caprice with 22" rims and 8 6x9's on the back dash id bet the owner was black, and if i saw a civic with chrome spinning hub caps,fender vents,altezza lights,big wing,horrible paint job and a chain steering wheel id bet it belongs to a beaner..... now tell me im wrong????

Yes i would say something if i saw your car in person, id say "that SC looks like **** who the **** would ruin a lexus like that?????" (see above)
Do you even know what my car looks like? Good God.
Old 09-09-09, 11:08 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Not a single person I know, that's normal dislikes the new lights. Most of them think it's an improvement since the old ones were all fogged up.
I used that excuse a long time ago in a thread i wont mention. The response is who's opinion matters? The people you know, who odds are know nothing about cars or the people who actually what a 2jz is and how a car works blah blah blah.

As for them being all fogged up, if you searched you would know all you need is some sandpaper from grits 500-2000(~5-10) and a porter cable buffer (~100) to make them good as new. I guarantee you thats cheaper then how much you paid for those headlights and it would look a lot better too.
Old 09-09-09, 11:12 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

I see zero rice there. Do you?

Quick Reply: When is it okay to have a Soarer badge?